September 17, 2014 | 1266 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Vaseline - Vaseline - Pure Petroleum Jelly

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by sunshines

I have sold cosmetics for the past 15 years...I have tried the most expensive to the cheapest...

I did not want to try this since it is JUST vaseline, but I started to read these reviews and thought why not...

Well let me tell you...I should have used it years ago..It is unreal, I will never go back to any other brand!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by xtinatan

I love putting on make-up because of obvious reasons =) but i also hate putting them on because I really really hate cleaning up the mess, especially the mascara. =(

After reading all your helpful reviews (thanks!) , I decided to give Vaseline a shot & what can I say but CHEERS to the one who actually tried such a product as eye makeup remover! Well, all I did was to slap a thin layer of it on my eyes and massage it gently. After which, I use cotton wool and cotton buds to wipe it off & viola! there i saw my naked eyes!

You know what? I even tried using it to remove my makeup as well! It works just as great! (I know because I used a few makeup removers I had at home to clean my face after trying Vaseline &i didn't see any makeup stains on the cotton wool, after using Vaseline) But of course, I use a facial wash after all these makeup removal..it's fantabulous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Dear Vaseline. Why did I leave you? Seriously, if you have the time, go on and read my review for the neutrogena e/m remover, which I purchased after the many raves and recommendations on here several years ago. I had been living in denial with severe eye irritations that prevented me from wearing pretty much most mascaras, liners, even shadows! Mind you, working as a m/u artist and then having to deal with a never ending cyle of *having* to wear eye m/u, then remove it, then do it all over again just SUCKED.
But I came back to using this and I'm so happy. I buy the travel size ones because I find them more convenient and more sanitary than the big jars, which end up laying around for too long. Anyways, I scoop a small amount, gently rub on my lids (which feels amazing I may add) and then wipe away with a cotton ball. I dont mind the slight dewy lid aftewards either to be honest. I think it makes me look refreshed!
Oh, and from time to time I use this as an e/s base, especially with pigments! Ohh and wait..wait, there's more...on dry skin and chapped lips too!
I haven't had ONE issue since going back to this. I'm just thrilled to be able to wear eye makeup without waking up to swollen and droopy lids due to the irritation.
This is cheap, easy to find, has many more uses than one. Glad Vaseline took me back.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by hellokittywhore

I use vaseline in so many areas of my face & body.. It cures any dry area (elbows, cracked lips, etc) and even helps cure cuts & scrapes. I use vaseline as a make up remover as well, but I don't dab the whole thing on my eyelids and try swiping the excess off. What I do is cleanse my face with any face cleanser and after I get a q-tip, dab it in vaseline, and very gently wipe the excess makeup off. (i.e. you know sometimes you still have clumps of mascara and eyeliner stains after washing). It leaves my eyes 100% make up free, it doesn't irritate my skin, and it works like a wonder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Vaseline petroleum jelly to keep my feet soft and smooth year round and as a lip moisturizer - I can't live without it. So, it's worthy of 5 lippies for that. However, after reading MUA reviews on using Vaseline as an eye makeup remover I thought I'd give it a shot, but was somewhat disappointed. It removed my eyeshadow no problem, but did little to remove my mascara. No, it's not waterproof mascara, it's Max Factor 2000 Calorie. At first I thought I didn't use enough Vaseline and applied more, but it did not remove my mascara, it just flaked. Oh well, I still love my Vaseline but it faired poorly as an overall eye makeup remover.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by potawatomiprincess

I've been using this since my teenage years when my mom taught me the trick! I use this or baby oil if I can't find the vaseline. Never had skin or eye problems caused by either one....just wipe clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by lolomakeup84

Yeap! Works as eye-make-up remover and it helps your eye lashes grow too! Cheap! Buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by SarahKatie

STOP BUYING EYE MAKE UP REMOVER! Vaseline is perfect! It moisturizes, is not overly oily once you wipe it off, and it does the job perfectly. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR MONEY IF YOU USE ANYTHING ELSE!! SPREAD THE WORD!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by flipmode1505

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

omg i've been such a fool for so long. when my mum told me to stop wasting money and use vaseline to remove eye makeup i shot her such a dirty look! I will take her advice more often from now. Seriously eyemake up removers in stores are the biggest waste of money. I also tried scrubbing my face with sugar just now and i feel so silly for all the money ive wasted on scrubs! This is truly a eureka moment for me!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by matcha

"EW!" was the first thought of mine upon reading about Vaseline-- yes, that gooey, icky substance-- being an EYE MAKEUP REMOVER?!

But yes, ladies, it works and does wonders.
I like to scoop out a fair amount and just massage it around my eyes, making sure to spread down my eyelashes w/ it so that I can get the mascara off with a washcloth.

My only qualms about this is that I don't think it washes off well enough, or that I have enough patience to wipe off every trace.

But because I put vaseline on my eyelashes prior to sleeping sometimes anyway, I'm okay with that.