August 1, 2014 | 953 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Big Fatty Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by MrzVentura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know so many people hate this mascara... I love it..I also have naturally long, dark lashes though..it seems this wouldnt do so well on short lashes. I initially got this as a sampe when I had gotten some UD things at Macys..loved it and then bought the 2 pack for 29.00....it doesnt clump or cause my lashes to stick together...I love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by arianataze

I've been on the hunt for a good volumizing mascara and this was on promotion at Sephora so I thought "why not?"

It's actually not *that* bad, but I definitely won't be repurchasing. I think it's formulated for people with sparse lashes (mine are already pretty full) and that's why it didn't work for me. Anyway, I'll give you the pros and cons.

PROS:
cruelty-free, very black, didn't smudge, easy to take off with eye makeup remover, thickening.. I got compliments on how thick my lashes looked
CONS:
clumpy as **** on me, which is my biggest pet peeve. also, it's expensive-- I feel like there are better mascaras at the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by JessKiley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay has revamped the old Big Fatty formula and even gave it new package and brush. I tried the old one and it as awful. The new one however, is awesome! If you are a fan of Lash Blast, consider this one its cruelty free sister. It is wetter than Lash Blast and the brush is a bit different but the effect is the same. My only complaint is that it curled the ends of my lashes a LITTLE too much. Otherwise it's smooth, glossy, lightweight and does exactly what it says it does. They did a great job with the new product!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by cherrryyyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really excited when I got this product for Christmas a few years back. I love UD and the packaging for this is funky. I wore it the first day I had it, I liked the way it made my lashes look initially, although they were a little wet looking I figured it would dry. I was completely convinced. When I tried it again, I went ice skating and the majority of the product slid down my face! I have the driest skin ever, so that is an achievement for a mascara to do! My boyfriend (we'd only been together three months at the time) was too afraid to tell me, I only realised when I went to the bathroom. Turns out it was like that for over an hour (I'd met his sister for the first time that day too) NEVER AGAIN. I think they've changed the formula and packaging of this now, but I'm not going to entertain using this mascara again. There are far better mascaras out there for much cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by minnaC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I tried this mascara today and found that it smudged all over my lower lash line throughout the day. Two things to note are that I have oily lids and eye areas in general and that I did not curl my medium length lashes. Someone with less oily skin might have better luck with this. I found myself wiping the black smudges away throughout the day. I'm just glad that I didn't waste my money on this because I received this for free in a gift set from beauty.com. Continuing to look for a new mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by GlitzJunkie

*the picture should be updated since that version of the big fatty is no longer available

Here's the scoop: I heard so many good reviews online about this product since I was on a hunt (and still am) in finding the PERFECT mascara. Being the HUGE Urban Decay fan that I am, I thought I'd give it a shot, after all I love anything UD. I was very disappointed to say the least. Ill start with the pros just to not disappoint all you UD fans. Pros: very black, lots of product, and long lasting. Cons: this mascara volumizes by clumping your lashes together! Eww! The consistency of the product is goofy and too thick! The bristles on the wand are tiny plastic spikes on a thick piece of plastic, so in no one do the bristles separate your lashes! They basically glue your lashes together. The formula is very wet and takes a but to really dry, so waiting to curl your lashes us important otherwise they stick to your curler! Stay away from this my friends! Stick to the UD eyeshadow palettes those are the best!!!!! -xoxo

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by zfire

Buy this only if you want your lashes to break in half. I assure you in three weeks you will have half the lashes you did than when you started using the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by robertmugabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found the brush too big and deposited way too much product. It definitly clumps your lashes and is not good if you want a natural look. I would not recommend or buy this product again.

Only plus is that it doesn't flake and can hold a curl quite decent. I think it's quite good value for money as you get 15ml of product. Most mascaras you get about 8-10ml.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by trishz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think so many people dislike this mascara because I believe it's made for people that already have long lashes. The big brush works best for longer lashes, if your lashes are not naturally very long try Benefit They're Real. That being said, I LOVE this mascara so much. I have very long natural lashes and find the bigger brush perfect. The formula is great and doesn't smudge, stays on all day long. I wish it came in brown as a I'm blonde and like brown mascara every once in a while. But still, I've tried so many mascara and this one is my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm another one of the few that likes this mascara. I also got a freebie from Sephora. I like that this mascara gives me volume without tons of coats. It does tend to smudge on me a little though and that is the only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies. I'm not sure if UD makes this in waterproof, but I might check that out for the smudge factor. I have oily skin and naturally long lashes, so I tend to get mascara up on my brow bone without even trying.