July 28, 2014 | 1428 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by keitoaren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this mascara because I was looking for a brown mascara as a toned-down alternative to my HG mascara (Benefit's They're Real), which only comes in black. I adore and trust the Lancome brand name, so it was the first I turned to in my search for a good, toned down daily look.

Unfortunately, because I'm a Lancome fan, and because the name and hype of this product proceeds it, I turned out feeling a bit disappointed. Though it works well at defining, Definicils is not volumizing at all-- unlike my usual mascara-- which left me feeling a bit lacking. I'm sure that for people who aren't used to the look of this lashes would love this mascara just fine, though.

On the positive side, I seem to get pretty even coverage out of this mascara, and it doesn't leave my lashes feeling nearly hard or brittle as my usual mascara. Rather, they feel almost as if I'm wearing nothing at all, which is refreshing.

Four lippies or not, I plan to continue using this mascara until it either ages out of my rotation or I use it up. The quality is rather solid, just not as high as I had expected given the hype and my expectations of Lancome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I bought the full size of this product.

I'm not a big mascara wearer, but this belongs in every woman's make up bag. I only did one coat and it made a huge difference in my appearance.

I really liked this product and see why it has some good reviews.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product for darkening, lengthening, and defining, but the full-size packaging stinks (too much mascara is left on the brush). The GWP packaging and brush work much better.

This mascara does not thicken my very long (but thin) lashes.

I'd buy it again if I could get the equivalent amount in the GWP packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wanted to give a few of these well known high end mascaras a try. I chose Definicils because I like Lancome's products in general.

I was kind of disappointed with this mascara. It wasn't bad at all, but it wasn't any better than the drugstore mascaras that I'm familiar with. The packaging was fine but not too exciting with a plain black tube with gold writing. The brush reminded me of the Lash Stiletto brush from Maybelline.

It was a good formula in the way of not smudging or flaking, but I did have a little clumping. My lashes looked nice, but they didn't look any better than when I use my cheapy mascaras from Walgreens.

I wouldn't repurchase because it didn't do enough for my lashes and the high price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara does what it says: Defines lashes. It goes on with no clumps, does not flake and separates lashes well. The one thing I do not like is that while applying, it makes my eyes sting, but that fades as soon as it dries. If you can afford this, it is a fantastic product. However, I do not feel it's ENOUGH head and shoulders above almost-as-good products like LOreal Voluminous and Clinique to justify the price. EDIT: I decided this wasn't that great after I tried Clinique High Impact which I like better and is cheaper so I downgraded to 3 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this stuff was amazing until I discovered Loreal Voluminous Million, which is the drugstore equivalent of Definicils, but might actually be a little better. Anyway, this is a wet formula that works great to define and lengthen lashes. It doesn't hold curl particularly well, so one lippie off for that. The packaging also cracked on me, so one lippie off for that. It's also very expensive for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by oliviarosie

I love this product! Instead of using it as my sole mascara, I use it after I have used my drugstore mascara. It adds extra length and really accentuates my eyes. I got this as a sample, therefore, price is not affected my review. I do recommend this product because it adds volume and length to otherwise limp lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Catet91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The brush on this mascara is great for bottom lashes but just caused my top lashes to get clumpy and stick together. Then after trying to fix them they looked thin and spidery :( wont be purchasing this again which is a disappointment because I really wanted to like this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I love this mascara! It gives length and volume, it's super black, it never smudges or flakes, and it coats each lash evenly in one layer (it does that better than any mascara I've tried before)! However it it quite pricey but worth the splurge every once and a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by hernana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this mascara off and on for many, many years. I'm using it currently, and it is not a bad product, but hasn't exactly swept me off my feet (what mascara does?). I like it best when the tube is first opened; for some reason it thickens more naturally then. The tube I'm using right now is about halfway done, and occassionally I have to really work to not have spidery lashes. It lengthens and thickens, but sometimes it requires work to move the product around on your lashes until it gives the lengthening and thickening effect rather than the stubby heavy effect.