Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 6/4/2014 6:44:00 PM

I love, LOVE this mascara. What put me on the hunt for a new mascara was by the end of the day, for some reason, it would get into my eyes and BURN like no other!! Nothing could be done other than remove my mascara, so heaven forbid this happen on a night out! I even tried Origins thinking natural was the ticket and it still would burn, although less than others. So, not only does this not burn like the dickens...ever, but my lashes are b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! I get so many compliments on my lashes, even from strangers (like my dentist and new beautician). My lashes are healthy and I even think growing longer because I don't have to scrub to get it off. I don't use a eye-make up remover, just my face wash lightly lathered over my lids. So it doesn't flake, clump,smear, the tube lasts forever, no need to re-apply before dinner, and doesn't burn. I just hate the price tag - $30! :(

on 5/26/2014 9:25:00 AM

This mascara is kind of grayish, which I do not really like for upper lashes. I like the brush style for lower lashes. It has good reach and definition for the lower lashes. This mascara extends the length of the lashes very well, but does not seem to curl. I would not repurchase this product because I only use it on lower lashes, but I do like it.

on 5/9/2014 1:40:00 AM

Best mascara hands down! I switch between the original formula and precious cells and I'm always getting compliments on my lashes or people asking me of they are fake! This is another essential beauty product in my make up bag.

on 5/8/2014 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Very nice for definying lashes. I doesn't irritate my eyes and last all day without smudging. One day, I cried and I was surprised how the masacara hold up really well!
I'm on my second tube and will definitly repurchase. I do alternate with other mascaras because I like testing. I do find it takes a moment to apply. When in a hurry I love MAC extended play mascara.

on 4/14/2014 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This mascara is very nice. It has a creamy consistency, which isn't something I find in most mascaras. Most mascaras are either too wet, too dry, or you have to give them a couple of weeks to get the right consistency and then they dry out. It gives length, definition, and a touch of volume. I would love this if it weren't almost $30 USD. It doesn't smudge, clump, or flake, and comes off easily with eye makeup remover.

UPDATE: I have been using this for four months and this applies as well as it did the first day. No clumps, dryness, flaking, etc. So impressed with this. I would continue to use this mascara, but after four months, I probably need to replace it. I'm replacing it with another Definicils mascara. At first I thought it was pricey, but I would spend about $8-$10 a month on cheap mascaras, so in the long run, Definicils ends up saving me money.

on 3/28/2014 10:38:00 AM

I have this in a sample and non waterproof. I have straight asian lashes and the non waterproof version holds my curl decently, gives me length and volume, and doesn't smudge much. Smudging is a big issue for me (under my eyes where my lashes touch my face) and this one smudges the least out of all the mascaras I've used (including the falsies waterproof, other maybelline masacras in waterproof and non waterproof). It holds my curl throughout the day but i do not have monolids... I think if you had monolids this wouldnt hold your curl.

Tried a sample of the product and really enjoyed it!!! It didn't clump, smudge, or even flake during my school day. I would buy the full size, but it's rather pricey for mascara. Other than that, I really love it!!

on 3/22/2014 12:45:00 AM

I have paraben and gluten allergies. I usually use colossal maybelline and organic Josie Maran argan mascara. One under $10 the other over $20. Then I got a sample of Lancome products with the perfume gift my hubby got for my birthday. This mascara is the best I've ever used. It defines each lash, doesn't flake,smudge or clump. My eyes look as good 8 hours later as when I put it on. It is pricey but worth it. I still use those others I mentioned , depends on the day, but when I'm going out it's always Lancôme! I like several other Lancôme products over my old ones, bet hubby is sorry he got those samples! I look good but it is at a higher cost!

on 3/8/2014 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a classic that really does exactly as the name indicates: DEFINES your lashes beautifully!! I would consider this more of a lengthening mascara than an extreme-volume mascara, but it gives you beautifully, long, defined lashes, without any clumps, any flaking etc..

I think this is the best mascara I have tried actually!! I generally don't think mascaras are worth spending more that 15 euros on, because in general you can find good mascaras for 10 euros & I have heard that you shouldn't keep mascara for more than 3 months due to bacteria etc (I never use up a mascara in 3 months & they often go dry after a month or two anyways)..but this mascara is actually good enough to be worth more!

on 3/1/2014 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a review of Definicils Mascara-regular version, not the WP version and I only mention that because I am a longtime user of Definicils Waterproof Mascara and am going to make many comparisons here. I recently bought the non-WP version because the WP was out of stock & I needed mascara. After using it for over a month now I feel qualified to review it & I must say that it's an above average mascara but it pales in comparison to it's WP sister!

I think this is a very good lengthening mascara but is a very "wet" consistency & can get clumpy & messy. The clumps are the very wet kind which cause smudges. The WP vs is much drier and does not get wet & clumpy. Also, as it is not WP and is a heavy, wet formula it weighs down any curl that I achieve w/ my e/l curler. It is a very dark black, which I love and it does a nice job of darkening my lashes but I would not repurchase. Clumps and I don't get along! Having said that, I still feel this mascara is much better than anything I've ever tried from the DS and w/ some effort at clump-busting, it provides nice, long, dark black lashes. It also removes fairly easily.

Pros: sleek, black packaging, deep rich black color, does a good job lengthening, does not irritate eyes, fairly easy to remove
Cons: expensive, "wet" which can = messy, smudgy & clumpy, does not hold curl.