October 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass in Oyster Girl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

Next to Underage, this is my favorite cool pink shimmery gloss. I love it over MAC's Pretty Please.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Darika

Fantastic colour I've been looking for. It is not too pale, not too shimmering, not too pinky. Just perfect combination for nude looking lips. I can't wait for summer to see how it will look with tanned skin. I usually apply it after the lip balm by Yves Rocher. That is the best lip gloss i've ever had ( and I had many)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by littlemissrae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well it has been a long, expensive search to find my HG every day gloss, and AT LAST I have found it. I have bought over 100 glosses over the past year (nutty, I know) hoping to find a nude, milky pink shade that doesn't wash out my pale, cool toned complexion. From Nars Turkish Delight & Sweet Deams, to Mac Underage and Fashion Scoop (cremesheen), to Benefit Life on the A List, and MANY in between, I have bought and bought and bought. After reading many of the reviews on makeupalley for Oyster Girl I went to the Mac counter last night and picked one up. I didn't have particularly high hopes as on my hand it showed up as quite golden, but this morning I applied it in day light and was absolutely thrilled. It is a beautiful milky pink with golden iridescence that is quite sheer but manages to tone down my moderately pigmented lips without washing me out. When worn alone (without lipstick or liner) my lips appear fuller, and have a light pink/nude shimmery sheen. It looks natural and polished. No need to use a mirror, as it applies very evenly- unlike Underage or Turkish Delight, both of which settled into lines. I've read a lot of complaints about the sticky texture, but I actually am quite fond of the consistency. Sure, it's a little sticky, but it has quite a long staying power, which is more important to me, and I prefer it to most other lip gloss textures I've tried. I would imagine that this gloss will be flattering to a fairly broad scope of skin tones. Highly recommended!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by FUNgurl

this is my very first lipgloss from MAC and i have to say that i really love it!
i got this one coz i heard a lot of good things about MAC glosses and wanted to buy one that will go well with smokey eyes.
in the tube Oyster girl is a milky baby pink color with really lovely golden iridescence.
when i first tried it initially i was a bit underwhelmed because i expected a little better color payoff. it was a little bit milky but was also transparent, and didnt seem to get any more opaque, no matter how many layers i'd pack on.
but over time i figured out the best way to use this gloss. i think on its own this shade is not so special but if you layer it with lipstick or other glosses, it gives them fabulous nude shine and the golden iridescence comes out. it basically goes with almost any color but is best with pinkish and nude shades. i love to use it for example with Myth lipstick, its very cute and sexy if you like a more washed out nude lip.
i love the consistency, its just enough sticky to stay on your lips even if you speak/have a snack/drink/smoke, it wears off nicely, doesnt leave a nasty residue (my pet peeve with glosses) and has even color on lips. it smells like vanilla, its very pleasant, but not overpowering, making the gloss a pleasure to use/reapply.
the packaging is practical, rather simple but still nice and doesnt leak which is a big plus. i hate when lipgloss tubes get all messy and gross and you have to keep wiping them off wasting a lot of product. its very tiny which is good coz it can fit into the tiniest bag or pocket but at the same time not so good coz you dont get too much product and i think that for the amount these glosses are overpriced, despite of the good quality.
but overall i would really recommend this gloss and im planning to try other shades as well in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by kimmybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I took points off because the lipglass tubes are smaller than most lip glosses of other brands, but other than that, this is a great product. Some say lipglass is too sticky, but I like the texture and it makes it last longer! The color differs on me. When my lips are drier, my lips are darker and OG turns out more sheer but with a pretty golden shimmer. When my lips are moisturized and lighter, the color ends up appearing as a muted light pink with gold shimmer. Either way, I can't get enough of Oyster Girl! It's a great subtle and classy lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 5:35:00 AM More reviews by orchidd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful nude pink shade with awesome color payoff. I really like this. I have naturally so red lips that it's hard to make nude lips without using tons of concealers and foundations under the lipgloss, which would look gross.
This lipgloss tastes good, has a teensy bit of shimmer and it's not too sticky.MAC Lipglasses are in small packages, so it runs out pretty fast though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by xxbekkixx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first lipglass and is still my favourite. I like pale pink and nude colours but I hate matte lips so this is perfect for me. It's quite opaque and has a pretty gold shimmer to it, without looking like it has chunks of shimmer. It's sticky so if you don't like that in a gloss I'd steer clear but I think it lasts well, it also fades nicely. It has a sweet vanilla scent and the applicator is easy to use. Overall its a pretty, fairly natural gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Shimmering_pink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful lip gloss. Looks great over Angel lipstick or alone. An opaque pink frosty color. If you want a dupe that is cheaper and also of excellent quality, I had been using Annabelle's Lip Gloss in Breathless long before i bought this and they are VERY VERY similar. I can't really tell a difference and honestly, the Annabelle one is probably a little more pigmented and prettier than oyster girl. It may not last as long because it isn't as sticky, but I don't really time my lip gloss wear. Either way, this is a beautiful MAC gloss and I would buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by UpTheAmp

By far my favourite Lipglass by MAC and possibly my favourite lipgloss of all time?!
It is a beautiful nude pink with golden undertones, perfect for toning down my heavy pigmented lips as it gives a nice glossy pink nude finish.
One downside would be how fast this product runs out, i find it is slightly more creamier than the rest of the MAC lipglasses so alot of product comes out on the applicator, after about 5 or 6 uses of the gloss the tube is almost half empty which I was dissapointed about!
However despite that I would buy again, I'm on my second one of these and will be picking another one up soon
This is a perfect colour for toning down the pinkish MAC lipsticks (Snob, St Germain, Angel)
I would reccomend for all skin tones!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by alishamaria

Oyster Girl is a beautiful color on me! I am so glad I bought this. I normally wear Prrr but wanted to try something differnt. On my lips this looks like a shiny, light nude pink with flecks of shimmer, it is my new go-to gloss for everyday, and I will buy this again for sure!