MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl

4.2

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This one of my HG items...Cant live with out this item either. Its a most have. Pinks look so good on me I can wear this with no mu and it still looks great! Its very similar to C-thru but in a pink shade. I will def be buying this again and again.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Oyster girl is a pretty, almost white-pink on my lips. Not a look I go for these days.
However, it is a staple for me now, cos I use it over a lot of my lipsticks to lighten or add warmth and gloss.
My favorite look is to layer OG over my Victoria's secret Melt lipstick (plum colored lippie). It looks divine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first MAC lipgloss I bought and, at first, I didn't like it. When it is first applied it looks very uneven and feels very sticky/goopy. However, after it dries down it gives my pigmented lips a slightly lighter color with a very pretty gold/pink/peach sparkle. You hardly notice it on your lips after it has dried, which is what I really like about it - it's wet looking but not actually wet. While it may seem expensive ($14), it is actually the best deal when you look at price per amount of product. The package/tube is also small enough that it can fit into a small purse or even your pocket. Not too crazy about the doe foot applicator, but that's just one small issue. :)

Next to Underage, this is my favorite cool pink shimmery gloss. I love it over MAC's Pretty Please.

Fantastic colour I've been looking for. It is not too pale, not too shimmering, not too pinky. Just perfect combination for nude looking lips. I can't wait for summer to see how it will look with tanned skin. I usually apply it after the lip balm by Yves Rocher. That is the best lip gloss i've ever had ( and I had many)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Well it has been a long, expensive search to find my HG every day gloss, and AT LAST I have found it. I have bought over 100 glosses over the past year (nutty, I know) hoping to find a nude, milky pink shade that doesn't wash out my pale, cool toned complexion. From Nars Turkish Delight & Sweet Deams, to Mac Underage and Fashion Scoop (cremesheen), to Benefit Life on the A List, and MANY in between, I have bought and bought and bought. After reading many of the reviews on makeupalley for Oyster Girl I went to the Mac counter last night and picked one up. I didn't have particularly high hopes as on my hand it showed up as quite golden, but this morning I applied it in day light and was absolutely thrilled. It is a beautiful milky pink with golden iridescence that is quite sheer but manages to tone down my moderately pigmented lips without washing me out. When worn alone (without lipstick or liner) my lips appear fuller, and have a light pink/nude shimmery sheen. It looks natural and polished. No need to use a mirror, as it applies very evenly- unlike Underage or Turkish Delight, both of which settled into lines. I've read a lot of complaints about the sticky texture, but I actually am quite fond of the consistency. Sure, it's a little sticky, but it has quite a long staying power, which is more important to me, and I prefer it to most other lip gloss textures I've tried. I would imagine that this gloss will be flattering to a fairly broad scope of skin tones. Highly recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this is my very first lipgloss from MAC and i have to say that i really love it!
i got this one coz i heard a lot of good things about MAC glosses and wanted to buy one that will go well with smokey eyes.
in the tube Oyster girl is a milky baby pink color with really lovely golden iridescence.
when i first tried it initially i was a bit underwhelmed because i expected a little better color payoff. it was a little bit milky but was also transparent, and didnt seem to get any more opaque, no matter how many layers i'd pack on.
but over time i figured out the best way to use this gloss. i think on its own this shade is not so special but if you layer it with lipstick or other glosses, it gives them fabulous nude shine and the golden iridescence comes out. it basically goes with almost any color but is best with pinkish and nude shades. i love to use it for example with Myth lipstick, its very cute and sexy if you like a more washed out nude lip.
i love the consistency, its just enough sticky to stay on your lips even if you speak/have a snack/drink/smoke, it wears off nicely, doesnt leave a nasty residue (my pet peeve with glosses) and has even color on lips. it smells like vanilla, its very pleasant, but not overpowering, making the gloss a pleasure to use/reapply.
the packaging is practical, rather simple but still nice and doesnt leak which is a big plus. i hate when lipgloss tubes get all messy and gross and you have to keep wiping them off wasting a lot of product. its very tiny which is good coz it can fit into the tiniest bag or pocket but at the same time not so good coz you dont get too much product and i think that for the amount these glosses are overpriced, despite of the good quality.
but overall i would really recommend this gloss and im planning to try other shades as well in the future.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I took points off because the lipglass tubes are smaller than most lip glosses of other brands, but other than that, this is a great product. Some say lipglass is too sticky, but I like the texture and it makes it last longer! The color differs on me. When my lips are drier, my lips are darker and OG turns out more sheer but with a pretty golden shimmer. When my lips are moisturized and lighter, the color ends up appearing as a muted light pink with gold shimmer. Either way, I can't get enough of Oyster Girl! It's a great subtle and classy lip gloss.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Beautiful nude pink shade with awesome color payoff. I really like this. I have naturally so red lips that it's hard to make nude lips without using tons of concealers and foundations under the lipgloss, which would look gross.
This lipgloss tastes good, has a teensy bit of shimmer and it's not too sticky.MAC Lipglasses are in small packages, so it runs out pretty fast though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was my first lipglass and is still my favourite. I like pale pink and nude colours but I hate matte lips so this is perfect for me. It's quite opaque and has a pretty gold shimmer to it, without looking like it has chunks of shimmer. It's sticky so if you don't like that in a gloss I'd steer clear but I think it lasts well, it also fades nicely. It has a sweet vanilla scent and the applicator is easy to use. Overall its a pretty, fairly natural gloss.

Recommended for Medium Skin