February 27, 2015 | 1018 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by missjaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best gel eyeliner I've used and I've been wearing eyeliner daily for about 10 years. This product is creamy and applies easily, never tugging at the skin. what I like most is the fact that is really does last all day even if you manage to get your face wet.

A great alternative is The L'Oreal Super liner 24H Waterproof gel eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this. I've had this for 7-8 months now and I waited until I used this a whole lot to review it. I've been using gel/cream type liners almost daily for around six years so I think I'm pretty knowledgeable and experienced with them. I've used gel/cream liners from many brands such as ELF, MAC, Smashbox, Tarte, Jane, Stila, Sonia Kashuk, L'oreal, Wet N Wild, etc. I LOVE how smoothly this applies. It just glides very easily and it's easier to make nice crisp lines compared to other brands. It's perfect for a winged eyeliner. The pot has not dried out at all and I've had it for a long time now so that's a huge plus. I've had many other gel liners that would dry out within 3 months. It is also super dark compared to most gel liners I've used. You have to layer it a bit but the result is amazing. You get a true black with this stuff. Now onto the bad part...this stuff transfers! I have dry eyelids...I have zero oil on my eyelids but everytime I use this, the product transfers to my undereye area right around the outer corner (I normally do not use any eyeliner on my undereye area). It happens every single time even on a cold day when the weather is not an issue. It wouldn't be such a big deal to me if the transfer was minimal but it's pretty obvious...even my sister pointed it out to me before and she's is not a makeup person...she doesn't really pay attention to anyone's makeup. It also does not last long on my waterline either but I wasn't really expecting it to anyways bc most products just fade from my waterline. Overall, I don't think it's a bad product but it doesn't live up to its rep. I would not buy this again due to the transferring.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by robertmugabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hated this product. I've been using it for about 4 months of and on and I just really dislike it. I don't find it very pigmented at all, I usually need about 3 layers to get a nice black line. It doesn't stay on for more than a few hours. It smudges. The pot dries out really quickly. If I do a wing it normally disapeers in a couple of hours.

For the price and the hype I'm utterly dissapointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Issachan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why many people claimed this stuff is their HG.. I find this product smudged easily and make my eyes like panda (terribly ugly) after wearing it for only 1hour..
It doesn't long last, dries quickly and it's very pricey too..
Well, maybe my eyelid is very oily so this product doesn't work for me.. I prefer japanese brands for my eyeliner such as k pallette and kiss me heroine, it's cheaper and long last even for my terribly oily eyelid..

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by fartsyartsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was expecting more from this liner, staying power isn't great, the color wasn't very dark and smudged. I've tried macs black track, clinique and this one. The order in which I liked them from best to worst mac>clinque>bobbi brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I can officially declare this my HG gel eyeliner after test driving other brands from drugstore to high end dept store competitors. It's not the deepest and glossiest black shade ever, but it does glide on easily, doesn't require a lot of drying time, and once it sets, it lasts through my entire 8hr workshift with the barest hint of smudging on my lids. I never get the lower lashline/racoon-eye transfer with this product either which is also a huge plus. I love the selection of colors - everytime a limited edition one comes out, I snatch it up, since one pot lasts me such a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by xtina000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this daily for the past month or so, and I've been consistently disappointed in its performance.

Like a lot of people, I purchased this based on its reputation and the innumerable glowing reviews it's received. I'd previously been using Clinique Brush-On Liner in True Black (LOVE) and having finished my pot and wanting to try the famous BB liner I took the dive.

The first time I wore this, I thought it was nice after applying - smooth application and reasonably good pigmentation (nothing special). When I came home that day it had disappeared! There was a smudgy dark line where I had applied it. It wasn't all over my face or anything, it was just... nowhere. Super fading.

I experimented over the next few days/weeks - setting it with eyeshadow, not setting it, using a primer, setting it with setting powder - and it didn't fail to fade throughout the day. The only thing that marginally works is putting 2-3 layers of it on - which is time-consuming and defeats the purpose of using a smooth gel liner!! I've never had this problem before. I have oily lids but I've owned and regularly used Clinique, MUFE and WnW in the past and never had that problem.

So I'll definitely not be repurchasing and am considering buying something else now before I've even used a good amount in the pot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

I've had this for years, literally. I used it for a while when I first started to use gel eyeliners and perhaps it was the brush I was using or my impatient learning curve, but I couldn't quite get the hang of this stuff so I set it on the back burner and subsequently bought a whole slew of other liners to play with over time. I recently revisited it and took it out of the box (I keep all my gel liners in their boxes to help prevent drying out) to give it another try. I'd recently seen a video by GossMakeupArtist stating this was one of the few gel liners that actually says it's safe for the inner rim of the eye, so I gave it another go, and lo and behold, it applied quite dreamily to my bottom rim. And it stayed there! I've been using other gel liners but it seems none really apply as smoothly as this did. Not sure why but I won't argue. Double bonus that it's stated to be safe for the waterline. Not all brands make that claim. I'm also amazed at how smooth it's stayed, even with a crack! I won't be neglecting this one anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Mmeelliissssaa

I have used many gel liners in the past, but this one! It's amazing. It never moves! I have had it for well over a year, and it still has not dried out (I store it upside down). It is a bit pricey, but I will repurchase because I haven't found better, and it lasts a long time! I definitely recommend this product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by AznPocky

First gel liner I've ever used and I love it! Its pigmented, waterproof, smudge proof and I swatched it on my hand and I slept with it on and the next morning it was still there!
Pros:
-Great Pigmentation
-Waterproof
-Smudgeproof
-Easy to apply
Cons:
Expensive