September 24, 2014 | 1493 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Issachan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why many people claimed this stuff is their HG.. I find this product smudged easily and make my eyes like panda (terribly ugly) after wearing it for only 1hour..
It doesn't long last, dries quickly and it's very pricey too..
Well, maybe my eyelid is very oily so this product doesn't work for me.. I prefer japanese brands for my eyeliner such as k pallette and kiss me heroine, it's cheaper and long last even for my terribly oily eyelid..

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by fartsyartsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was expecting more from this liner, staying power isn't great, the color wasn't very dark and smudged. I've tried macs black track, clinique and this one. The order in which I liked them from best to worst mac>clinque>bobbi brown

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I can officially declare this my HG gel eyeliner after test driving other brands from drugstore to high end dept store competitors. It's not the deepest and glossiest black shade ever, but it does glide on easily, doesn't require a lot of drying time, and once it sets, it lasts through my entire 8hr workshift with the barest hint of smudging on my lids. I never get the lower lashline/racoon-eye transfer with this product either which is also a huge plus. I love the selection of colors - everytime a limited edition one comes out, I snatch it up, since one pot lasts me such a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by xtina000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this daily for the past month or so, and I've been consistently disappointed in its performance.

Like a lot of people, I purchased this based on its reputation and the innumerable glowing reviews it's received. I'd previously been using Clinique Brush-On Liner in True Black (LOVE) and having finished my pot and wanting to try the famous BB liner I took the dive.

The first time I wore this, I thought it was nice after applying - smooth application and reasonably good pigmentation (nothing special). When I came home that day it had disappeared! There was a smudgy dark line where I had applied it. It wasn't all over my face or anything, it was just... nowhere. Super fading.

I experimented over the next few days/weeks - setting it with eyeshadow, not setting it, using a primer, setting it with setting powder - and it didn't fail to fade throughout the day. The only thing that marginally works is putting 2-3 layers of it on - which is time-consuming and defeats the purpose of using a smooth gel liner!! I've never had this problem before. I have oily lids but I've owned and regularly used Clinique, MUFE and WnW in the past and never had that problem.

So I'll definitely not be repurchasing and am considering buying something else now before I've even used a good amount in the pot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

I've had this for years, literally. I used it for a while when I first started to use gel eyeliners and perhaps it was the brush I was using or my impatient learning curve, but I couldn't quite get the hang of this stuff so I set it on the back burner and subsequently bought a whole slew of other liners to play with over time. I recently revisited it and took it out of the box (I keep all my gel liners in their boxes to help prevent drying out) to give it another try. I'd recently seen a video by GossMakeupArtist stating this was one of the few gel liners that actually says it's safe for the inner rim of the eye, so I gave it another go, and lo and behold, it applied quite dreamily to my bottom rim. And it stayed there! I've been using other gel liners but it seems none really apply as smoothly as this did. Not sure why but I won't argue. Double bonus that it's stated to be safe for the waterline. Not all brands make that claim. I'm also amazed at how smooth it's stayed, even with a crack! I won't be neglecting this one anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Mmeelliissssaa

I have used many gel liners in the past, but this one! It's amazing. It never moves! I have had it for well over a year, and it still has not dried out (I store it upside down). It is a bit pricey, but I will repurchase because I haven't found better, and it lasts a long time! I definitely recommend this product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by AznPocky

First gel liner I've ever used and I love it! Its pigmented, waterproof, smudge proof and I swatched it on my hand and I slept with it on and the next morning it was still there!
Pros:
-Great Pigmentation
-Waterproof
-Smudgeproof
-Easy to apply
Cons:
Expensive

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by meloli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this liner. I have hooded asian eyes which usually turn most eyeliners into a smudgey mess at the end of the day. This liner holds up well with just a bit of light smudging around the outside corners at the end of a long day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is heaven in a pot. I dont know why its taken me so long to discover this magical eyeliner. Couldn't be happier. Now I just need to perfect my stroke!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by SandraRosee

An absolute must have!! I tried the Mac fluidline and i was really disappointed because it came off real easy, especially is you had the wing goin on. But anyways, i decided to try this eyeliner by Bobbi Brown and i am soo impressed! Its so easy to apply and it litterally lasts all day long, especially with a eye primer. Its a thicker more waterproof formula and its absolutely perfect. One of my all time favorite products that i use everyday. If you were wondering how i apply it, i use Macs 209 eyeliner brush, and by far the best brush for application. My eye makeup is ten times easier with this gel eyeliner. I have never raved this hardcore about a product. I feel all products have their flaws and dont live up to the discription, but this gel eyeliner, is pretty close to perfect. I am forever a costumer of Bobbi Brown (: Hope this helped!