November 22, 2014 | 925 users online

Lips - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by vanillachica

I love the texture of this lip pencil because it doesn't dry out my lips. I also love that, unlike many reds, it doesn't turn hot pink on me. I found that in pictures it has a slight orange tinge to it, making it more of a warm red than a true red. Not quite the red I was looking for - need something deeper and more of a blood red. The search continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by paperskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I received quite a few NARS products from my best friend for the holidays. This being one of them. I cannot stress enough how impressed I am with everything I got. I wore this out tonight and it is almost just as I applied it before leaving. I was afraid to eat or drink but it didn't budge at all. I am in love. As far as applying, it went on so evenly and smooth. Usually I skip liners because they tend to dry out my lips. This worked beautifully. I'm now looking into purchasing a few more shades. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love everything about this but the high price. Goes on creamy and is truly velvety and matte. Leaves very little transfer and a good stain remains for the better part of the day or night. If I'm not feeling the matte, or don't want to reapply, it takes pretty much any gloss over it without pillage. Perfect dark red color - neither blue nor orange. I will repurchase if I can't find a more reasonably priced alternative.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by marzstar

another all time fav of mine. i'm a red lips/black liquid liner addict so have tried mannnnnny over the years and this is one of the best if you want deep but not dard redredred matte long lasting lips.

my other fav is mac russian red and this is a similar hue but a little bit more intense, a little bit deeper. and like most nars products i try, compared to mac, a bit more pigmented.

the packaging/application is unique. it's a fat pencil. so really thick. can be annoying if it's not sharpened and you're out on the town, but even with all the sharpening it still lasts a long time. as long as anything else. but on another sense i love that you can sharpen it. you can't do that with normal lipsticks. and when it's freshly sharpened you don't need a liner!

just like with any lipstick i use a liner, to define my outer lip shape, with it on initial application, but then because it's so dense, on reapplication/touchups i don't need a liner. i just use this. and i love it.

when it gets smaller i actually like the packaging cause i can then tuck it in my bra, which you can't do with some fat packaged lipsticks.

great color. great formula. great name too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by HRubin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got this at sephora, and boy am I excited to wear it!

Packaging
Isn't that great. I'm used to shiseido products, which always SNAP closed, and the little plastic cap, while not loose at all, just seems flimsy to me. The size of the pencil itself is a little small for what you pay for, but the tip is just the right size for a lipstick pencil.

Product
Intense. Deep, deep, deep matte red. I personally put a little bronze lipstick in the center just to make my lips a bit fuller, but in general i like the matte. this stuff stays put, too (I've only reapplied after eating/drinking, and that was more a little touchup than actually reapplying it) In fact, it stays on so well that it practically stains your lips. I look forward to trying out the other colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this pencil makes red lips easy. the shade is perfect for my medium-toned pinay skin, and the color doesn't turn. the wear is quite good. as long as i don't eat or drink, the color stays put for four hours (can't comment on longer than that--i can't go longer than four hours w/o food or drink). i haven't had issues w/this pencil being difficult to fit in a sharpener. it fits in two drugstore sharpeners i bought ages ago & whose brand i can't remember.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by macalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love it. It's my perfect matte red, much better than MAC Russian Red because it's not drying at all. The color is perfect, a true red with cool undertones. And as it's a pencil, it's easier to do your lips without smudging.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this product. I really wanted to get on the boat for red lips this fall and I looked this up. I prefer that its a pencil rather than a lipstick.. the color is high pigmented and has pretty good staying power. It also leaves a wonderful tint when I take it off. It is very drying however, but I just use a little Burts Bees underneath it and it helps hydrate. Overall, I love this. I can't wait to try the other products.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by kpborra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this color on my skintone. I'm olive-skinned or tan since I'm Asian, and I never really thought reds look good on me. I guess it's just a matter of finding your right color. This, however, did not have long-lasting power. A few hours after application, you will see that the ends of your lips are pale pink while the middle is still red. To combat this problem, I apply red lipliner on the edges of my lips and fill the lips in with the same red lipliner, and put the Nars Cruella lipstick on top. I don't know if I will rebuy since I want to check out other red lipsticks in MAC to find the best one for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

It is soooo hard for me to wear scarlet... well, it was. I have light olive skin and have always had a hard time finding a scarlet shade that didn't look garish. This NARS lip pencil is ahhhmazing. I love it. It goes on soooo uber smooth and lasts forever. It has a wonderful matte finish that I adore.

I know it's pricey ($24), but it's actually cheaper than the LipFusion lip pencil ($28)... another one I lurve!