Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 8/29/2013 10:35:00 AM

I went back and forth on liquids and minerals.. and for me minerals seem to be my love, I hate have to conceal, apply foundation, and the powder to have my face stay put! I've tried clinique mineral powder but the coverage.. well it sucked. I've tried others but this one I'm just in love with!!!!<3 it blends well, you don't need much, its very light, and natural. As for the packaging that's another story... I hate the brushes, I don't use them at all.. pretty much useless, it should be made like the bareminerals container in my opinion and instead of putting in the brush, just add more product(:
Love the powder, dislike the packaging.

on 8/8/2013 5:59:00 PM

I bought this powder in the container that stands straight up with a brush on top.I bought this in medium it was to use when I tan.The powder made my face flawless with a soft powder feel.I would purchase again.I do not care for the coverups in this product.

on 7/24/2013 7:48:00 AM

I wanted to love this... but it's too dark and it makes my face a weird color.. I can't seem to find something that doesn't make my hot red/pink skin look a decent color. I used loreal minerals for years now but my poor skin is so irritated and awful I felt I needed to change. I hate this and the bare mineral set I got. The packaging on this is ridiculous and the brush is a pos.

on 7/21/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried SO hard to like this powder. It doesn't cover redness or blemishes well at all. So I used it with the liquid concealer by Physician's Formula. The liquid concealer is a dream but even after I allowed the concealer to dry very well, the powder on top just made my skin look cakey (I applied a thin coating) and the lightest color does not match my fair complexion well at all. I had the dreaded make-up line on my neck. The packaging is clumsy. You try to shake the powder into the lid to warm it up before putting it on your face but it just goes EVERYWHERE. So disappointed. I tried so hard to like it, but it was just a waste of money. I used it about 5 times trying to like it but couldn't. I used different brushes each time too and with and without primer to see if it helped any. No, it's just horrid.

on 7/11/2013 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I sort of love hate this product just because it is light and feels great, but their colour range sucks so bad, I got their darkest one and I'm just tanned colour and its still very light so I have to try to darken up my skin with Bronzer or something. I'm also not a big fan of the packaging, I mean it includes a brush and that's great on the go but it sucks and the container isn't that great either when you have to get product out of it. Also I live in Australia and the make up price here is just insane compared to the US so not so great pricing. Overall the product itself is great especially if you have light skin.

on 6/20/2013 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As far as mineral powders go, I do like this stuff. It covers well while still being natural. However, it does cause my face to look oily in a few hours so it has to be touched up every so often. You can't just put it on and forget about it. The packaging is terrible. It's hard to get the powder out without making a huge mess. I've developed a technique but a lot of my other makeup products are covered with a fine layer of it just by close contact. Also, it does not cause breakouts or clog pores. All in all, I would recommend it.

on 6/11/2013 1:50:00 PM

I liked this product, however I find the application messy. The powder is very fine and gets everywhere. It does however work well, keeps shine away and didn't make me break out. My skin is very fickle as I have always been acne prone and this product did not irritate it. However because of my acne prone skin I prefer a powder with slightly more coverage than this one. If that is not an issue for you, then it is a good product.

on 4/24/2013 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like that it is talc-free and does not break me out. The coverage is medium. It goes on as full coverage, but in my opinion, it is not very compatible with oily skin. It wears off throughout the day. Also, the lightest shade is too dark for me :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff. I've been using Mineral Powders for quite a few years now, both high-end and low-end and Physicians Formula absolutely beats out anyone for the price. I've been using it daily the last few years on and off with a high-end brand that I keep getting a complimentary sample of but I always go back to PF.
The sifter that others complain about is a tad weird but here's how I use it after trying different ways to get the powder out. I just turn the whole container upside down with the lid on but the cap part off (the sifter is still in place) so the powder goes into the lid part. I then tap my regular powder brush into the lid and tap the brush against the sides of the lid to shake the excess off the brush. My brush then has enough on it for application.I continue to do this for my entire face. Whatever excess is left in the lid I pour back into the container.
The brush that comes with the container is pretty useless for a professional application, I agree with the others.
The size is a good size for the dollar and lasts quite awhile. The problem is that you can't tote the container around with you. It's not a convenient container. What I do is put an amount into a smaller container that has a screw-top and put that into my makeup bag. I use a tiny powder brush for touch-ups.
I use this powder both alone and on top of foundation. Some say it's not strong enough to use as a stand-alone powder. I say it is. I'm fair, very fair, actually. I don't like a heavy look, and I do use the powder alone. I like the look it gives me when I don't want a heavy, polished effect. The look is light, just enough to ward off any shine and still give you a natural effect. You can buff it into your skin for a slightly heavier effect, too that's still natural looking.
I like that's it's good for your skin and does let it breathe. It's easy to clean off. It also doesn't settle into fine lines.
All in all, I've been happy with PF's powders over the years. They give a fresh, clean look to your skin. They also have a fresh scent, while some powders do turn to an off scent after awhile. PF's never do.

on 4/22/2013 6:23:00 AM

I actually really like this powder. Am onto my second purchase of this and use it almost every day. I like it because it has a natural, non-powdery, non-cakey finish, provides a very buildable coverage, SPF 15 and I have never had any issues with it causing breakouts or sensitivity on my skin.
Cons are that it doesn't really due much to regulate oily skin issues I have and I wish it was available in a lighter colour (I have it in translucent light, which I purchased from the US via eBay because they stopped stocking it in Australian stores near me). My skin is about a mac NC5 and this is just a little too orange for me. Overall would recommend it though.