September 3, 2014 | 1008 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Maggiepup

I sort of love hate this product just because it is light and feels great, but their colour range sucks so bad, I got their darkest one and I'm just tanned colour and its still very light so I have to try to darken up my skin with Bronzer or something. I'm also not a big fan of the packaging, I mean it includes a brush and that's great on the go but it sucks and the container isn't that great either when you have to get product out of it. Also I live in Australia and the make up price here is just insane compared to the US so not so great pricing. Overall the product itself is great especially if you have light skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Cbizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As far as mineral powders go, I do like this stuff. It covers well while still being natural. However, it does cause my face to look oily in a few hours so it has to be touched up every so often. You can't just put it on and forget about it. The packaging is terrible. It's hard to get the powder out without making a huge mess. I've developed a technique but a lot of my other makeup products are covered with a fine layer of it just by close contact. Also, it does not cause breakouts or clog pores. All in all, I would recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by HairWaves

I liked this product, however I find the application messy. The powder is very fine and gets everywhere. It does however work well, keeps shine away and didn't make me break out. My skin is very fickle as I have always been acne prone and this product did not irritate it. However because of my acne prone skin I prefer a powder with slightly more coverage than this one. If that is not an issue for you, then it is a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like that it is talc-free and does not break me out. The coverage is medium. It goes on as full coverage, but in my opinion, it is not very compatible with oily skin. It wears off throughout the day. Also, the lightest shade is too dark for me :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I've been using Mineral Powders for quite a few years now, both high-end and low-end and Physicians Formula absolutely beats out anyone for the price. I've been using it daily the last few years on and off with a high-end brand that I keep getting a complimentary sample of but I always go back to PF.
The sifter that others complain about is a tad weird but here's how I use it after trying different ways to get the powder out. I just turn the whole container upside down with the lid on but the cap part off (the sifter is still in place) so the powder goes into the lid part. I then tap my regular powder brush into the lid and tap the brush against the sides of the lid to shake the excess off the brush. My brush then has enough on it for application.I continue to do this for my entire face. Whatever excess is left in the lid I pour back into the container.
The brush that comes with the container is pretty useless for a professional application, I agree with the others.
The size is a good size for the dollar and lasts quite awhile. The problem is that you can't tote the container around with you. It's not a convenient container. What I do is put an amount into a smaller container that has a screw-top and put that into my makeup bag. I use a tiny powder brush for touch-ups.
I use this powder both alone and on top of foundation. Some say it's not strong enough to use as a stand-alone powder. I say it is. I'm fair, very fair, actually. I don't like a heavy look, and I do use the powder alone. I like the look it gives me when I don't want a heavy, polished effect. The look is light, just enough to ward off any shine and still give you a natural effect. You can buff it into your skin for a slightly heavier effect, too that's still natural looking.
I like that's it's good for your skin and does let it breathe. It's easy to clean off. It also doesn't settle into fine lines.
All in all, I've been happy with PF's powders over the years. They give a fresh, clean look to your skin. They also have a fresh scent, while some powders do turn to an off scent after awhile. PF's never do.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by 33Lisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this powder. Am onto my second purchase of this and use it almost every day. I like it because it has a natural, non-powdery, non-cakey finish, provides a very buildable coverage, SPF 15 and I have never had any issues with it causing breakouts or sensitivity on my skin.
Cons are that it doesn't really due much to regulate oily skin issues I have and I wish it was available in a lighter colour (I have it in translucent light, which I purchased from the US via eBay because they stopped stocking it in Australian stores near me). My skin is about a mac NC5 and this is just a little too orange for me. Overall would recommend it though.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Mimi7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product because it actually didn't break me out or aggrevate my moderate acne. I have very sensitive skin and need to use very simple products. I switched over from Everyday Minerals since their new formula breaks me out and want to put as little crap on my face as possible. But, this product is must meh as a foundation. Coverage is light to medium; even with concealer you can still see my acne scars. I have very oily skin and after a couple of hours you can definitely see oil peeking through in my T-zone (which didn't happen with EM, it was very good at absorbing the oil). I also wear glasses and when I took them off you can see a glob of oil and make up on my nose, ugh! It comes off easily; when I blow my nose the tissue is full of make up. And, worst of all, by the end of the day it look SO cakey on my cheeks. Packaging also sucks. The sifter is terrible, make up flies everywhere when I try to get it out, brush sucks (buy the ELF kabuki brush -- amazing!). I just really dislike this powder but I'll see how it looks over a liquid foundation. I just hate how this makes my face feel but didn't break me out! So sad. The search continues for my HG foundation. Next: the liquid version of this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Allllllly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Physicians Formula have a range of mineral powders which are talc free and suite acne prone skin. This powder is one of the best.
It has lightweight coverage and could not be worn alone, i put it on top of a liquid foundation and pressed powder.
This product has not broken me out and it is consistent in covering up my post-acne marks.
The packaging lacks efficiency. I don't like the shape and the whole process of shaking the powder to receive some. The product is not suitable for travelling as it is likely to spill, i put mine in a zip lock bag to prevent any spills.
This powder has a short list of ingredients, which i look for.
The brush is crappy. The bristles are quite coarse and it does not spread very evenly on the face, i use my stippling brush to fix this.
It is buildable and does not wear much during the day. However, i do live in Queensland, Australia and the humidity can wear it away easily in summer.
A tip would be to not wear excess of this powder as it can look quite cakey and fake. There is a fine line between matte and cakey.
The price is alright but could be better, saying that i do live in Aus and most makeup here is quite expensive.
I wear the shade- creamy natural and i am fairly tanned.
I do strongly recommend this product to those with acne-prone skin as it is one of the most suitable powders for this skin type.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by strawberribear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product was okay. Nothing to die for, but not bad either. The powder wasn't heavy on one hand, nor soft/subtle either. It was medium.

Coverage was nice but the colors run a bit warmer. I'm really pale and the light shade wasn't light enough for me, but it wasn't orange either. It did add a healthier glow to my ghostly skin, being a slightly darker shade than my complexion.

Packaging was kinda complicated. One of the prongs intended to snap the brush into place, ended up breaking off. The dome lid pops off too easily in my purse all the time so the brush ends up rolling around in my bag, collecting dirt and germs :(

Also, the brush is cheap and it sheds like crazy. The bristles are thick and wavy...pretty poor quality for a product that cost $12 at a drugstore.

The product changes colors when it gets wet! Beware! I spilled a few specks of powder in my sink, and when the water touched it...it turned orangey-red. It was quite odd. This has happened to me a few times if I spill a tiny amount. It doesn't change color on my skin that dramatically, though; but it does change more orange-y through the day wear.

I would repurchase, the actual powder is kind of nice compared to what i've gotten before at drugstores.It's not the best though, and I keep searching for something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by colorfulartistry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this product, I tried Bare Escentuals and it made my face feel caked up and dry. It dried my skin out horribly, so while I liked the "air brushed" look it was suffocating my skin.

When I saw this product I was skeptical about trying another mineral make up but am glad I did! This make up is cheaper and nicer than Bare Escentuals, where my skin could not breath with BE, this make up felt light and gave me the air brushed look.

I have eczema on my cheeks, and where BE made that much worse this product doesn't cause me any issues.