Urban Decay Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 11/14/2010 2:17:00 PM

I used to use this product before they changed the package and left it because I had bought it because I liked the idea of a puff instead of using a brush. I love mineral makeup and powders, but the buff on the old design hardly released any makeup and I felt like I was just scratching my skin instead of getting any makeup on there. I would use a brush with it but it just didn't give me the coverage or finish I wanted. However I decided to repurchase after the new design because of all the good reviews. I am so glad I did give it another chance I am in LOVE with it. Way more powder comes out of the sponge, and it buffs into my skin way better than any brush. I think this is what made the difference. My skin looks flawless, it hides redness, acne marks, and even my hyper pigmentation. It even made my pores look ten times smaller! Almost unnoticable! It was unbelievable. I must not have been buffing this in well enough with the brush before. Plus I love how quick and convenient this is, click it open, puff or swirl and buff around as much as you need for the coverage you want.. maybe puff a little more on any noticable scars or acne marks.. and then click it shut and your done! I almost never need concealer anymore because I found this conceals so well... an amazing feat for a powder to give such good coverage! Great for carrying in your purse because it won't spill thanks to the locking mechanism so its perfect in case you feel you need a touch up during the day as well. I just love the finish I get with this my skin looks flawless and I will definitely repurchase. Oh and the buff is now easily removable just take it off to wash it and dry before replacing if you think its building up bacteria or getting too gunky!

on 11/12/2010 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I'm a total cheap-o and I went into Ulta knowing I was not about to fork over $30 for a foundation, and I like my Revlon Colorstay just fine. Because I've never tried a mineral foundation before I decided to try this on just to see. My pores disappeared and my post-acne marks were less noticible than I've ever seen before. After seeing that I couldn't fork my cash over fast enough!! I would have gone without food for this stuff if I had to. Then...after about 30-45 minutes I looked in the mirror again and, uck! After it had mixed with the oils on my face it started to cake and my pores looked huge and gapey. You could actually tell this stuff was sitting atop a oil slick. I was so sad. I tried it lots of different ways with and without different other products but in the end it was the same. I ended up taking it back and exchanged with their De-Slick powder which I now can't live without. This was about a year ago. When I told my friend about it she said I should've used a primer first and would not have happened. I didn't know about primers then so I may go back one day and then update

on 11/3/2010 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

So far, I LOVE this. I'm a liquid foundation person, and I'm trying to ween myself off of it. I have dry skin, and I think though liquid seemed like the best choice, it actually just sinks into my skin more (my skin is like OH MOISTURE and eats it) and isn't doing any favors for my overall skin health. I'm wary of powder because I don't want to look, uh, powdery. I have not been a fan of mineral foundations in the past (ie Bare Minerals)This one looks great though! The coverage is good, just the right amount for me, I'd say it's mediumish. Depending on my much is applied, of course. It makes my skin look and feel smooth and even. The finish is matte, which is fine with me, as it looks matte without looking cakey or dry or thick. I'd repurchase. The one downside, which is fairly obnoxious: the packaging. HORRIBLE. I don't even know if it was meant to be removable, but I ripped off that puff thing on the top, that's how much I hate it. Now I have to tap the product out into the lid (a la Bare Minerals) through the holes and use a brush to apply it. It'd be easier to control the amount if it was designed.. uh.. almost any other way. Whoever designed that puff top, I don't know what they were thinking! After using it like that twice, it was so grossly brown looking already. I don't like using dirty things on my face, even if its just my face/my foundation. Anyway. I'd repurchase, and I'd repurchase even more enthusiastically if they revamp the packaging.

on 10/15/2010 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have to say i was converted to a urban decay girl. i always wore laura mercier because it was soo good. however i noticed that after a couple hours.it was like the makeup was melting off my face. until one day i was walking by the urban decay stand at my macys and this girl comes up to me and asks me if i would like to get my makeup done. i was like um noo. she insisted and i was like wth. she started with the pore perfecting primer then some powder foundation then this. omg i love it!!!! works awsome. i had like no huge pores. everything i love!!!! totally worth it!!!

I bought this at Sephora with the help of a colour specialist.
The actual product matches my skin very well and I really like the buff that it comes with. I'm able to blend the product in quickly and easily for a great finish.
BUT the buff is bigger than the pot that holds the product, so as I use more of the product, it's going to be harder and harder to get at it with the buff.
Although it's great quality, it's a little pricey - about $40+CAD.
I would probably buy this product again because it's vegan and provides great all over coverage.

I LOOOOOOVE THIS FOUNDATION. I love how you can control how much you put onto your face. I have this in Dream and it blends so well into my face and it makes my face look so natural. I apply this with their powder brush as well. I think the only bad part about it is that whenever I twist the cap off, the holes at the bottom of the cap open up and whenever I tap the product back into the cap, it falls into the hole and I lose some product onto the powder puff, which I don't use. Other than that I love the foundation! I bought this back in March and it lasts so long.

on 8/28/2010 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This foundation holds a special place in my heart since it was the first one I have ever bought/used, haha. I bought it in the shade Vision. I am an NC42 in MAC it matched me well. I didn't have any bad reactions to it and it evened out my skin tone very well. It was light on the skin and didn't feel cakey at all, but I think that depends on how much you put on your face. The packaging, on the other hand, is a different story. I didn't like the concept of having the puff thing attached because I found it to be unsanitary, wasted a lot of product, and didn't disperse the product evenly onto the skin. So I found that twisting off the top and tapping the product into the cap was better. You can control the amount of product you use. I think the price of it is a little too steep, but if you're willing to pay for it, I would recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Finally I have found THE perfect foundation! I have acne & lots of acne scars so I always stuck to liquid foundation because I thought I needed maximum coverage (I'm insecure like that). But what I realized is that you could I always tell I was wearing foundation - know what I mean? The color matched and everything, but my face just had that "Hey, I'm wearing foundation!" look. Don't really know how to describe it, but it made me really self-conscious.
Anyways, I bought this last year during Urban Decay's November FF sale & rarely used it until a couple of months ago when I realized how AWESOME it is.
First of all, I was surprised at the fact that it actually has good coverage! Not too heavy, not too light. And it doesn't just conceal my acne & scars, but makes my face look so much more... perfected. Pores are less visible, overall my skin looks more even-toned and everything. I went out on a limb and ordered the shade Supernova without actually seeing it first and it happened to be the PERFECT match to my skin tone! It lasts all day and has a matte finish too. Wonderful.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff. I understand that it's not for everyone because of the packaging/coverage but for me it's the closest thing I've found that compares to the Bare Escentuals matte. I actually think it's really smart to have packaging like this. It's the easiest way to control your coverage as well as not waste product. If you pat it into your skin it makes the coverage more buildable, as opposed to the way some people apply it...by literally swiping it over their skin. Also, UD gives their customers options. If you wanted to, you could unscrew the cap and use it like you do the BE, by tapping however much you want into the lid. I wish B.E. had this built into their foundation, because in order to use an apparatus similar to this, you would have to buy the refillable brush they make (that's where they get you...they do it on purpose, so you spend more!). The only downside to this foundation is the price. I worked at a beauty store for two years so I would always get a discount on it. Now that I have moved on to a new job I just can't justify spending $30 on it for some reason...I would rather use the matte foundation for $28. I know....two dollars is nothing to some people...but when you're on a budget every penny saved counts. Oh hell, knowing me I WILL buy it in the future, just because I know I love it. But for right now I'm using the Bare Minerals...and I guess I will have to swallow my pride and buy the darn refillable brush.

on 5/9/2010 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have been using philosophy super natural mineral makeup and it was ok had good days with it and bad days some days looked great other days skin looked dry but I was ok with it happy enough then I came across UD surreal MM in supernova Wow this stuff blows me away I love everything about it my skin look healthy not dry and stay on all day and it doesnt look like powder just my skin only better I cant not belive the natural look it give me and no shine all day!!!! amazing stuff I love the puff it come with but first of all I open the tub and use it like a concealer on areas that need aa little more covages then I put the top back on and buff the minerals into my skin and it look just gorgeous next thing I am going to try is there primer try this you wont be disappointed :~)