Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Absolutely love this! Wow to think of all the money I wasted on other masks before I read about this is mind boggling lol. You can get a one pound tub of this on Amazon for around $10, and since you use so little to make a mask it's going to last the entire year. Like other reviewers said, mix this with apple cider vinegar to make a paste. I purchased an inexpensive mixing bowl set with spatula, face brush and measuring spoons just for face masks on Amazon as well, so cleanup was a breeze. After you measure out a small amount of the powder to the bowl, mix it with an equal amount of apple cider vinegar. The mix will bubble and then you paint it on. I left mine on about 25 minutes. You might feel it pulsating, but I liked the fact that it meant that it was drawing out impurities. Unlike store purchased brands, this becomes rock hard so eating something isn't exactly an option when this is on. I rinse it off with war water in the sink. I put down several paper towels in the sink at the beginning of rinsing it off so the large pieces of clay don't go into
the sink and clog it. Your face with probably be red after you rinse it off, but my face was as smooth as a baby's bottom! I just slathered some nightime hydrating gel afterwards and the redness was gone after and hour. The next morning I woke up with amazing looking skin, barely noticeable pores and two dark spots near my eyes noticeably faded. It's an inexpensive mask that beats anything that I've ever tried. Highly recommended!

on 2/23/2015 10:00:00 PM

I like to read reviews before I buy and this site is so helpful that I decided to write my first review. I'm 43 and I have oily/combo skin. No acne but some blackheads and I would say pores are my main concern. I can't stand my pores! My 24 yr old daughter recommended the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay so I picked some up. I've been using it for about a month now and I love it! I used to use Queen Helene Mint Julep clay mask and I was pretty satisfied with it. That was before I discovered this! It's stronger and better. It cleans my pores, shrinks them and makes my face feel amazing. My blackheads are minimal. My skin tone has evened out some which is wonderful because I used to tan all the time. I guess I just really never thought about the long term effects because I loved my tan face! When I started seeing brown spots on my cheeks start popping up I had to stop that.

I'm using this mask once a week. I'm also using Paula's Choice products. My daughter recommended Paula's Choice and actually gave me a bunch of samples for Xmas so I could decide what works for me. She is all about skincare and I really wish I was as proactive as her when I was younger. I've always had a simple routine: wash my face every night with a face wash for my skin type...and that's about it. Nothing special. But I'm getting older and I'm seeing the wrinkles and my skin starting to droop a little and I'm on it now.

I would say the only con with this mask is it leaves my face feeling a little hot after I've washed it off and my skin is red for about 20 min. But the results are well worth it. My husband saw the improvement and he's started using it too, once a week when I apply mine. I've even got my 2 teenagers using it although only on their nose and forehead which is their only problem areas.(blackheads) So we are a family using this product.

So my first ever written review is done. I highly recommend this product. It's amazing. It's inexpensive! It works! 😃

on 2/17/2015 4:39:00 PM

This mask did not help my face one bit...in fact it made my skin worse and black heads multiply!
A friend and I did use it for weight loss wrap though and that worked quite well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS AMAZING. I have acne which is caused by seriously sensitive skin, and as a result I need to be careful what chemicals I put on my skin. My skin usually rejects face masks and causes serious break outs. I mix this with equal parks of Apple cider vinegar and a small dod of natural honey and it's incredible, if I feel a break out coming on this mask helps to draw all impurities and by the next morning my pimples are on their way back down and my skin feels so clean and clear - I also find it helps with brightening my skin and evening skin tone

on 2/16/2015 6:04:00 PM

I am 43 and have been using Aztec clay with Apple cider vinegar since my early 20's and let me tell you that for me this is the best skin care product for acne, wrinkles or any skin problem. I get many compliments on my skin and people say I look younger than my age. I do use moisturizer cream after the redness has subsided, but the redness shows you how powerful this is and I have used it on my neck and chest as well. I will continue to use this product as long as I can and it has saved me money from not having to do any other skin care. The vinegar doesn't smell good but the results are so worth it and read the directions on how to use it for different skin types.

on 2/14/2015 9:33:00 AM

I purchased this after seeing KathleenLights rave about it. I have a similar skin type to her (dry, sensitive) so I thought it would work for me.

I mixed it with Apple Cider Vinegar, and at fist only applied to to a few spots on my forehead where I have some acne. After 30 minutes I took it off fairly easily. (Just press a washcloth on to the mask, then gently rub it away).

My skin was red after removing it, but the redness completely disappeared after about an hour. I then put the mask on the rest of my face. Afterwards my skin felt smooth and toned. My pores were also slightly less visible. It also has made some spots on my face less red/angry. I didn't see anything "miracle" like with this mask, but my skin is not that problematic to begin with.

I will update this in a week after I have used it a few more times.

on 2/11/2015 12:46:00 AM

This mask is amazing! I can feel it tightening as it dries, and it helps make my pores look smaller while softening and smoothing my skin. It is drying, though, so don't use it 2 days in a row, and make sure you use moisturizer!

on 2/8/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This mask was a godsend. I used to use Glamglow Superclearing mask to sort out my acne-prone skin, but this works much better for the price. You do have to make a little concoction and mix this mask with apple cider vinegar (which does not smell good, I might add), but it's totally worth it because this mask really draws the "impurities" out. I am a freshman in college and my roomates and I use this mask usually once every week or two weeks together and we always talk about how smooth our faces feel after we take it off. It is really hard to remove, however. Sometimes, if I have a clogged pore that is a little harder to squeeze out (tmi, sorry), this mask will draw it halfway out and I can actually see the blackhead coming out of my face when I take the mask off, and then I can finally remove it myself! Overall, this mask is essential if you have acne prone or oily skin and I highly recommend it. You can buy it online, or at most health food stores like Jimbos or Whole Foods.

I have been suffering from pretty bad acne for the last year due to hormonal problems. I never had acne as a teenager aside from the tiny pimple or two when I got my period. I had perfect skin until I turned 29. I have used almost everything you can think of for acne. I have been put on the antibiotics, the creams, the gels, and even Accutane. I have a review on Accutane you guys should really read. I am currently on Spironalactone. I have just started this week, so I can't give a solid review on it.

I bought this Aztec Healing Clay for about $10, and that includes shipping (It's larger than the one pictured). It's a green powder. The directions say to use Apple Cider Vinegar with it, due to both the clay and the ACV drawing out all the toxins out of your skin. But, you can use just water if you like. THIS STUFF WORKS. It is practically the only thing that has helped bring down the inflammation and size of my pimples. It literally draws everything out of my skin. When I wipe the clay off my skin after sitting for 30 mins, pimples have come to a head, whiteheads are pulled out, and blackheads are all but extracted and gone. (Sorry for the TMI guys, but there's only one way to describe this, so you understand how amazing this clay is). You would think this stuff would dry your skin out to high heaven considering what it does to your pimples, but it leaves you skin SMOOTH. I don't use a moisturizer afterwards. No need. Since using this 2-3 times a week my skin still has some problems, but the redness and inflammation is all but gone.

I will use this until it is no longer sold. If you find a gem like this, you don't need anything else because this is doing exactly what I need it to do. Best part, it's completely natural. Literally, nothing but Aztec clay in there. I highly suggest everyone give this a go. You don't even need acne in order to use it. It just makes my skin, overall, the best skin I've had in over a year. :)

on 2/4/2015 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Amazing! I tried this after reading the excellent reviews here and on Amazon and, having just finished my first tub, haven't been disappointed. Like others have said, it feels continuously tighter as you wear it, and I find that the longer I leave it on, the redder my face looks after I wash it off. Unlike others, I don't -- and never have -- experience breakouts after using the product, which I mix with plain tap water and apply once a week. My pores appear smaller, my skin tone looks a little more even and my face feels softer since using this mask. For the price, it can't be beat!