October 1, 2014 | 1941 users online

Mascara - Kevyn Aucoin - Curling Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2005 8:20:00 AM More reviews by ebwolk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK. I guess I'm in the minority here but I really, really like this mascara. I have pretty long lashes and I'm not going for Volume...or else I could have bought the volumizing version of this mascara...or Dior Show. This mascara really curls my lashes...without a curler! Which I hate to use. I think that if your lashes are much shorter than mine this stuff would not curl correctly because it seems to like to curl more on the longer lashes (on the ends). It does not flake off either. Which I like very much. Oh sure itís pricey but you have to give yourself a treat now and again donít you? . I would buy it again. If you have long lashes and don't need (or want) volume this is a pretty good high end curling mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2004 12:55:00 AM More reviews by chandarae

The SA @ NM in the Fashion Show Mall raved about this mascara. She went on and on about how it was way better than Hypnose, never flaking or clumping. It reminds me of Lancome's disc. Extencils mascara. It gives a different look than Hypnose. Just seems to lengthen my lashes, not volumizing at all. When this tube runs out, I'll probably go back to Hypnose.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2004 7:23:00 PM More reviews by charlyne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree that the mascara makes my lashes skinny.. I have quite long and straight lashes and so far nothing impresses me with KA's or any brand's. The color is rather unusal though, it says "black red" and that looks very natural on my lashes (asian origin). Normally I love KA's products, but I think so far, this one is just ok for a natural look, however too many choices to go for at certainly cheaper price.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2004 10:24:00 AM More reviews by SweetK

I liked this mascara alot. It has a nice finish, didn't clump and lasted for a long time. I hope his line makes it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2004 2:49:00 PM More reviews by GodMoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this formula but have had several issues with the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2004 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Risa01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whoa, talk about over-hyped. The MA at Neiman's made this sound like the be all, end all of mascaras. She said she had a waiting list for it and that it had been out of stock for several months due to high demand. For what? I find this mascara very average. It does lengthen a little, but not much thickening, and it completely wiped out any curl that was made with my Shu curler!! I was SO disappointed. I am probably going to return it since I am already back to using my Maybelline Volume Express waterproof which gives me MEGA glam lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2003 6:59:00 PM More reviews by neiku

This is by far the best mascara i have ever used. It comes off easily without having to subject yourself to looking like a racoon ! It also curles better if you use an eyelash curler to go with it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2003 10:34:00 AM More reviews by proflady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so disappointed in this product, esp. because I loved Kevyn Aucoin's work. I am giving it two rather than one stars because indeed it does really curl my lashes. In fact that stand almost straight up! But it doesn't do ANYTHING else. My lashes don't look lusher or thicker. Instead they look kind of spindly and skinny. And this product does flake which almost never happens to me. Honestly if you have perfect lashes and just want them curled and darkened, you might like this. But overall the product isn't very good esp. for the outrageous price tag.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2003 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Genny

Reading some raves on the board and loving Kevyn Aucoin, I thought I would try out his mascara. Well I hated this stuff. It made my lashes thin looking and feel very stiff. I sent this back the day I got it. The best thing about this was the pretty red tube and that is all. Horrible mascara. I have pretty good lashes to begin with but with this stuff they looked horrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2003 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Stellam

Although I like the fake eye lash look, it's not worth $25 when Kanebo's silk performance does the same but BETTER. KA's mascara brush is too long for my "little" eyelashes and it doesn't get the outer ones with one swipe.

Removing was a breeze with water, but Kanebo's is still a little better since it needs a specific water temperature.

Follow up: KA is crap compared to Kanebo. KA's flaked off when I put conact lens dropm in - awful when you have these little black fleck all over your face at a party.