August 1, 2014 | 1611 users online

Eye Shadow - Shiseido - Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by mariannaoust

This is without doubt my favorite eye shadow. It blends beautifully, because itís creamy, and then dries to a great powdery finish. It lasts all day without any creasing.
My favorite shade right now is tiger eye and itís a lovely, bronzy, copper shimmer. It works really nicely alone, as a wash over the entire lid, and also great blended with eye liner. Generally, their color selection is great, and I will probably buy most of them eventually.
I definitely recommend it. I know itís on the expensive side, but one pot lasts a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by ashiunia

This eyeshadow gets an A+. I tested it a few days ago under extreme conditions. It was 90 degrees outside, and I was shooting a wedding for eleven hours that day. I was sweaty, hot, oily and everything else in between. Adding Chicago's humidity was making things even worse. Now about the eyeshadow... It stayed on me all day! I was very very surprised because my regular eyeshadows usually last an hour or so under these conditions. When I came home I could still see a hint of color left. I got one in violet/purple shade but I am definitely getting other colors, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by jillbanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this shadow. I was not sure at first b/c I have not had good experiences with cream to powders. I have the glistening sand color, which is a nice neutral goldish-beige. It wears really well and does not crease...stays on all day and also works well as a primer if depending on the look I am wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by emmeline24

Seriously - this is the most amazing shadow ever! It was first recommended to me by a SA at a mall shop (I complimented her on her shadow), and she told me how great it was. I looked it up on MUA, and the reviews had me sold. Now that I have it, I simply cannot believe how wonderfully this cream-to-powder shadow applies and wears. I have the oiliest eyelids ever, and this shadow stayed put and perfect from 6 AM to 6 PM (and it's still going strong). The color I have is Glistening Sand, which is a perfect shimmery neutral beige for my warm/olive complexion. I applied it with my ring finger because I was skeptical of the foam applicator, and it blends seamlessly. Even better, it brightens and shines without appearing glittery. All the reviews are true - this shadow is a must. EDITED TO ADD: I've tried this with and without UDPP, the staying power is the same, regardless of primer. LOVE this!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Anna7

I almost gave up my quest for the eyeshadow that would last a whole day, woudn't crease, and wouldn't look chalky, but here it is, the best thing I've ever tried and strongly recommend hydro-powder to anyone. I bought Bare Pink, a lovely color, works well with my VERY fair complexion. I might try a couple more colors later.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by triplemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I rarely write a review, but I had to on this one, as I love this eyeshadow. (And I have a bajillion of them in my drawer. Seriously, I have a problem). Anyway, I purchased Gold Lights, after much hemming ahd hawing, and when tried it for the first time, the other day, I was underwhelmed. But I used it again today as a base shadow and used a powder shadow in the crease, and it looks stunning. I was a little worried about the cream formula, as I have had bad luck with creams creasing in the past. And the shimmer was also a concern, as I am "mature" (age 44 but don't look it, I swear.) But it didn't crease, stayed fresh all day, and the sheen was very nice, not over the top. I would love to buy more of these!!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Jeanxi

These eyeshadows are absolutely gorgeous! I decided to try Hydro-Powder after reading all of the raves on MUA, and it was a great decision ^_^ I bought this in Violet Visions, Aqua Shimmer, Green Exotique (H5-7), and Lemon Sugar. This product has great color payoff and the texture is very smooth. You can put on a little for a sheer shimmery wash of color or layer on more for an intense colorful look. Only problem I have with HP is that these shadows crease on me unless I apply UDPP. But since I have yet to find a cream shadow that does not crease on me, I didn't take off any lippie.

UPDATE: I returned Lemon Sugar 'cause I decided that the color does not show up well enough. I thought I was saving myself some money when I returned it, but I gave into buying H8 Bare Pink the next time I passed by a Shiseido counter =P I've put it to good use though (probably the color I use most often because of its versatility), so I do not consider that money wasted ^.~

UPDATE 2/20/09: I recently went and purchased two additional colors, H2 Whitelights and H9 Glistening Sand. As I've read in other reviews, H2 is sheerer and more shimmery than the other colors. It works great for a retro look with just H2 and black eyeliner on the lids, though. H9 is also more shimmery than the other four colors I have, but the shimmer particles are smaller than those in H2 and the overall effect is just a more intense "sheen" than H5-H8. It works well as a base for a neutral look, but I have to use it sparingly and can't apply it all over my eyelids because the sheen is so strong that it makes my eyes look puffy. Still, I am very happy with the purchases. Definitely keepers!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by kissxmycouture

LOVES IT! I have all their colors and they blend so well! My favorite would be the gold one because I can mix it with basically any other color shadow. I will sometimes use one of the Shiseido colors and then use a powder shadow from MAC or Lancome. I have no problems with creasing and the color lasts all day. At first it goes on very sheer and you can build it up for more intensity. On days that I don't feel like doing my eyes, I will sometimes just take a little bit of the gold color or lemon one and put it on my lid for a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I basically have nothing else to add to all of the other reviewers, because yes, this shadow is great. I got the glistening sand, and it's a great light champagne color that I always use as a base. The staying power is pretty great, especially with a primer under it will last forever. I love using it to highlight the brow bone and as an all over base before powder shadow. It has a beautiful shimmer to it. I do wish they would create a true dark brown shade, because tiger eye is too orange for me, and that's the darkest of the more neutral/brown colors. So, maybe one day. But I love the shadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this(Languid Lagoon) as a birthday present from my boyfriend after he spotted me playing with it everytime I pass by a Shiseido counter.

Totally not disappointed. The colour payoff is good and it remains vibrant even at the end of a 10-hour day.

I think this is actually value of money, For the price you're paying, you're actually getting A LOT of product, and I used very little each time. (I use my fingers to apply, much easier than using the applicator, imo).

LOVE IT! Now thinking if I should get glistering sands. :)