April 20, 2014 | 1712 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lycra Wear - All Shades

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Ayiti

"Up to 10 days nail colour. No base coat or top coat required." Yeah it lasts 10 days...If you paint a fresh coat every day! It's a shame that most of the time it ends up chipping the next day when I use this without a base or top, it ends up chipping the next day, because the colors are so nice. I got the 305 Cashmere (has to be one of the most gorgeous pink polishes I've ever found), and the 399 Black Satin, which goes on Black in the first coat. I guess I'll try it with a top and base and see how that works. Also, if you're not using a top coat, you need to let this dry for 3hrs+ before you do anything that extensively involves something maybe touching your nails. I usually paint my nails at night, and I'll wait about 3 hrs to go to bed, but when I wake up in the morning w./ this polish, I have imprints from my sheets in them.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by sinnedka

The first time I used it, it was nice. I had a perdicure in a beautiful OPI shade and 329 Blood Red looks almost identical.

The second time it got a little goopy and it was hard to put on.

The third time, it was still goopy so I put a few drops of a top coat in and it was back to normal.

I like this polish and I love the color selections!

EDIT: I bought this polish in September. It is now July and the nail polish is almost too goopy to apply properly. Has this happened to anyone else? The goopiness has changed my mind...no more of this for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by BC_Goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: great colour selection, low odour

Cons: did not last a day without chipping

I have this in both 288 Baby Pink and 466 Opal. They are adorable colours, especially the Opal which gives a real blue shimmer to my nails. It does NOT last and I'm not that tough on my nails. I get chips before I get the second coat on! I just switched to Sally Hansen No Chip 10 Day formula and am quite impressed with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2007 More reviews by killua

I got the 399 Black Satin, goes on pitch black in one coat...I can't believe people would pay $70 on eBay just to get the sold-out Chanel black nail polish when they can just buy this for $3 at the drug store!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Dani

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for French Ivory #433 from the French Manicure collection.

The shade is a warm ivory w/ the tiniest bit of pink. It's surprisingly opaque (as far as pale shades go) & one coat gives the perfect semi sheer milky pink color. It's great for that natural but very polished & ladylike look. I am also very impressed that it applies streak-free w/ 1 coat as well. I just placed an order for a few Essie pale n/p, I hope I didn't just waste money when this $1.99 polish works so great.

I applied the polish w/ Orly Bonder basecoat & Poshe topcoat. And it lasts 5-6 days without chipping. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2006 11:33:00 AM More reviews by curlylaura

I picked this up when I decided to stop neglecting my toenails and make them pretty for summer. It is the first Rimmel nail polish I have used and as it was cheap I thought I'd give it a go. I have this in Venus (a light purple). It goes on well and I only need one coat. I do use a basecoat and a topcoat. It can easily last me 2 weeks or more. Also they're cheap (about £2.99) and usually you can find them on offer in Boots and Superdrug. They're are also loads of colours to choose from.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Product Decription: Rimmel's Lycra® Wear 5 Day Super Durable Polish is a unique formula, that incorporates Lycra® to stretch the limits of nail polish performance by introducing the elastic, flexible & wear characteristics of Lycra® into a nail polish. For a "shock-proof" high shine finish. Hold on to vibrant colour and glossy shine with Rimmel's new Lycra® Wear Super Durable polish.

On Me: Love this line. only line that (all the shades i have) goes on smoothly!Ermm...i use this on my toes & finger. For the fingers, with a top caot, it lasts 3 days maxi cos i do loads of washing. For my toes, the colours actually last me a week! i apply every sat or sun (cos at night, TV sucks & i get bored) & by the next weekend, its time to remove and reapply cos i get bored with the shade. if you are careful i think it can last longer...i tend to kick things alot! Colour does remain glossy. Lovely brush, short and flat - very easy to handle.
continued >>