October 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lycra Wear (All Shades)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by missburlington

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG nail polish. It comes in loads of great colours and is quite cheap. The brush is easy to use and the polish isn't too thick or thin. I find that with the darker colours one coat is usually enough. It dries in a few minutes and with a decent top coat it usually lasts just under a week. A really good nail polish!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by vb130

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best polish I have tried in a long time

One reason is that Baby Pink and Cashmere are both perfect colors for my very fair skin. Most of the time I struggle with colors being too light and blending completely, or too being too dark and looking harsh.Baby Pink is bright and light, without too much blue. Cashmere is a lovely neutral.

The second reason I love this polish is that it lasts and lasts for me. Longer than OPI or others. I only polish my toes, in the summer. Although I wear closed toe shoes to the office during the day, this polish still lasts 2 weeks for me. And I don't use a base coat or a top coat, just 2 coats of Rimmel polish.

All that, and a great price too. I am a believer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by esthered

I absolutely *love* this nail polish. It doesn't chip that easily for me ( I apply a base and top coat) and I love how smooth the polish goes on and how they blend together instead of giving you uneven lines.

They have a variety of colours and I got mine in wine (which is ultra sexy!). Price-wise it's pretty cheap too!

I definitely recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ChickWithBangs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't stop buying Rimmel for some reason (probably because I love their chic style), I got mine in black satin, it's a pretty, shiny color, but it wears off at the ends. *BUT* I didn't apply a top coat, so if I appy a top coat & it stays on, I'll buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by sparklingemz104

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have this in cafe latte, i got in in walgreens on sale (plus i work there so i got a 15% employee discount too.. score!).. i loveee this color and id definitely get it again; and i usually put nailpolish on for a few days anyway so it works out good for me. i put on extra layers to get the color to show better, but its def a good choice!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2008 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Domitilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

PROS: great colors, nice packaging with nice brush, easy to apply
CONS: it's not long lasting at all on my fingers or toes, and I can't understand why as i see so many good reviews. Tried with or without base coat and top coat and it doesn't last a day without chipping.
Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by rottenbanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have this polish in Insolence. It's a very fine silvery white glitter polish. The glitter is so small it borders on shimmer. I had to use three coats to achieve the coverage I wanted, but it was a high impact silver pop that lasted about a week with base and top coat. I was worried about removal with tough glitter, but it surprised me. It took a little rubbing with the cotton ball and the polish came off, then the glitter must have dissolved or something because there were no glitter chunks on the cotton ball. Kind of odd but I was pleased that this wasn't too difficult to remove.

Oh yeah I am so pleased with this product that I am going back to buy more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by max_fab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in electric, which is a (fairly) dark shimmery blue. I mixed it with Rimmel Black Satin polish (one coat of black and then one coat of electric on top) and got a nice deep shade of blue, but still not quite as deep as I'd like it to be. I mixed it with the black because I knew it would be too bright otherwise, but I think I need to experiment with it more. Next time I'll try 2 coats of black under this.
Wear-wise it's only been 2 days but it's definitely better than other polishes I've used. I have a real problem with wear at the tips and it's noticeably better with this polish. Whether it will last 10 days remains to be seen, but I don't believe that any polish on earth can last that long without chipping or fading. But we'll see and if I remember I'll update this review.
UPDATE: By yesterday (day 4) I had a lot of wear at the tips and some cracking so I took it off. No chips though, I'll say that. I think if I had a better topcoat it would last longer - I used L'oreal Pro Manicure but I don't think it's that good. It also seemed to get bluer every day, but I could just be crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by littlemoonlt

Longest wearing "cheap" nailpolish I've tried! I am very prone to chips and am pretty hard on my nails. This stuff does what it says it will do. Wonderful coverage, hard to chip!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 9:29:00 AM More reviews by ericapayne1

I love this polish. I use it with a posche treatment basecoat and an OPI topcoat and it does last and last without chipping on my fingers and toes. My fingernails are prone to chipping nail polishes, even the expensive brands.

Another thing I like about this polish is that it is truly formaldehyde free, many (including OPI and Sally Hansen) that tout being formaldehyde free still contain formaldehyde resin which can discolor natural nails (yellow) and cause them to curve downward in a mis-shapen way.

I have this in the color Milk Chocolate and love it. I'm going to the pharmacy today to pick up a few more colors.