October 31, 2014 | 901 users online

Lip Treatments - Aveeno - Intense Relief Medicated Therapy Lip Protectant

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2007 12:23:00 AM More reviews by karlitabooks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice lip balm, especially when my lips are especially cracked or dry. It has a very slick feel and I like the slightly vanilla-y smell. Not crazy about the petroleum, I prefer to stick with more natural ingredients on a day to day basis - like Burt's Bees or Kiss my Face balms.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2007 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Velma58

This sounds dumb, but usually medicated lip balms dry my lips out really bad. Not this one. This balm is very creamy and lasts a long time. It also has the right amount of tingle. The best lip balm I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2007 1:38:00 AM More reviews by melliemoo2

This stuff is great. I like the tingly feeling and I actually think it plumps my lips up slightly. I use this all the time, under lipstick and before lipliner and it helps to glide on easier. I also use it before bed.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

First Off, did they think they were Tyrna be "creative" and different by putting the twister at the top of the Tube? pff , i keep reaching 4 the bottom!....the actual product feels thick, i guess it does relief dry cracked lips, but like the other poster said somewhere below, this does remind me of what i imagine VICKS VAPORUB applied on the lips, and i dont like that feeling, its not that bad, cuz it does work ok, so i'll finish this whole tube but i dont think i'll repurchase.
    after this is done I'll stick to my PALMER'S COCOA BUTTER STICK, its wayy better!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by jetfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

my new favorite, smooth, love the tingle, smells good, works great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

good stuff. very moisturizing without too much mentol. very emollient but would work well under lipstick. only thing i don't care for is the dial at the top as opposed to the bottom of the tube. other than that, good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2007 8:25:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this and the Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer on the same day, and I think this is just light-years ahead of Neutrogena's thin, oily formula. It smells pleasantly like vanilla-mint, comes in a nice tube with the twisty mechanism at the balm end instead of the bottom. Texture is thick and creamy, stays on for a long time. I'm not sure if the oatmeal flour in the ingredients really does anything, but regardless, this is a thick, high-quality balm with a matte finish and pleasant cooling sensation. I took off 1 lippie because the menthol is not as pronounced as with Burt's or Carmex. I like me a MINTY balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by akamkhalia

THE BEST LIP BALM..... very long lasting.... lips stay moisturized long after the product has been absorbsed..... Too good and very reasonably priced. Beat any other lip balm I have used before....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2007 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ghotio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this upon recommendations by others. It has a very tingly/refreshing feeling when applied on the lips but that feeling really bothers me (think Vicks Vapourub applied on the lips). For a person like me who can't tolerate labels attached on clothing and have to have them removed, this tingling feeling is very disturbing. Otherwise it's very moisturizing. I think I'll stick to the regular Aveeno non-medicated version or with Lipsmackers.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetgie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I moved from Key West (Fl.) to Maine a few weeks ago. Normally, with any little change of weather my lips start breaking out "like a flower", it's a disaster, they burn, they hurt and they look totally unkissable (awfull). Before traveling, a friend of mine recommended me this lip treatment that comes in the presentation of a chapstick (so, no messy fingers involved). I've been using it since I came and my lips not just didn't break out, but also llook better than ever before. Now even my husband is into it. It smells delicious also, it's like fresh mint. Even when when i costs 2 or 3 times more than a regular 99 cents lipbar, it's 100% WORTH IT!!! Now I can't live without it. I use it as many times a day as I can remember to apply it (5 or 6) and I feel totally satisfied with the results. The difference is so hughe that I ended up throwing away the other dozen "other brands" that I had.