Dove Moisturizing Body Wash - "Deep Moisture"

4.3

Water, Sunflower Oil, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Giardicus, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Lauric Acid, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lanolin Alcohol, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Etidronic Acid, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), PEG 30 Dipolyhydroxystearate (may contain)

on 5/22/2012 2:42:00 PM

i used a small sample of this & liked it, so i bought the full size version. will not be repurchasing this because it does not do much in the way of moisturizing, which is the whole point of this body wash. the scent does not last, probably just until you leave the shower. but worst of all, it doesnt foam at all on my bath puff. using my bottle up then not buying it again.

on 5/13/2012 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am rating this as "ok"--my husband has this in his shower but I don't feel especially clean after using this. It hardly lathers and is so thick it is like getting pudding out of a squeeze container. I find the bottle shape to be hard to grip and slippery in the shower, after trying to squeeze out the last of it.

The smell is neutral, the traditional "Dove" scent, and the only part that needs lotion after the shower is my legs, which get itchy even though I soap them up again after shaving. The price is great, though, only $5 at Wal-mart for a big bottle.

Slippery bottle design & lack of lather are the main deal-breakers for me.

on 11/22/2011 6:16:00 PM

I really like this soap. I still wish they'd come out with a soap that eliminated the following lotion application that I find necessary....winter or summer. I agree with one response---for exfoliation buy exfoliating gloves that are cheap and effective. Don't rely completely on the soap. But over all I'm buying it again, because it's always at Wal-Mart, cheap, and get's me clean without drying my skin out!

on 9/26/2011 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Can I just say that this is absolutely wonderful in the shower and leaves my skin really soft and clean!! Love it and today was my first time using it! It smells terrific, also - like a creamy, milky scent! Yup, I see myself purchasing this again for sure.

on 7/5/2011 11:56:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I suffer from severe eczema on my hands and feet, and this product does wonders to keep my skin hydrated and soft. It also helps the stubborn spots like my knees and elbows, and there is no need to apply additional moisturiser. This product also lathers extremely well, and I little goes a long way. I like to use this directly after I've used lush's buffy body butter for extra smooth skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Great product! Although the smell can be a bit overpowering, it doesn't really bother me and people tell me I smell nice so that's a plus haha. It's rich and creamy but doesn't leave the oily skin on my chest and shoulders feeling slimy or full of breakouts. I also use it as a shaving cream because it lathers up so well. if you buy it from Costco you can get 2 for a decent price. (:

on 5/15/2011 9:00:00 PM

I really like this product it makes my skin well moisturized but I do swicb off to other body washes with the same quality but the only reason why I do that is because The smell can sometimes be gross an overpowering I don't know if that's just me but I hate the smell, when I get tired of the smell that's wen I swich off to a better smelling product, other than that it's a good product everyone should try

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has always been my favorite body wash. I remember buying it in the old packaging in middle school with my allowance. It leaves your skin soft and fresh with that fail-proof clean scent. The scent doesn't interfere with any perfumes I wear. The bottle is gigantic and it takes me atleast three months to use this baby up. Love!

I LOVE this bodywash! I have extremely dry skin and this is awesome! It is thick and creamy, but it washes away cleanly and doesn't leave a residue on the skin. I used to use BBW triple moisture bodywashes, but they are too expensive and I honestly think Dove moisturizes better. I do wish it was offered with different scents like BBW, but I can live without that. I find it truly does moisturize my skin nicely and I follow up with Dove's Cream Oil body lotion. This combo has made my skin a lot better than it used to be. I have tried lots of other moisturizing body washes and this one works the best for me. I highly recommend it to anyone with dry skin.

I used to love Olay Complete body wash until they discontinued it. Just when I thought I'd give up on looking for an alternative, I found this body wash from Dove. The verdict? I love it! It's super hydrating for my extra dry skin and the lather is wonderful. My husband even ditched his Irish Spring bar. Thank you Dove! ;)

Popular Gels/Soaps