July 29, 2014 | 1753 users online

Mascara - MISSHA - Mascara Base

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2007 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Queen_Saffy

I love this! So easy to apply, dries quickly enough and gives me gorgeous lashes with my mascara (I actually use Missha's triple volume). Easy to remove to as it is water-resistant but not water-proof. I'm always stocking up on 2-3 sticks each time I visit the shop!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by googerstu

This is a great product, but like one reviewer said, it doesn't work with all mascaras. I think because it is thickening and lengthening, I would use it with a curling mascara of a thinner consistency rather than a volumizing one.
I like how I can put it just on the tips of my lashes. It definitely makes a difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by tamron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AMAZING stuff. So thick and rich, no clumping, and makes my lashes look amazing! This product is outstanding. And it lasts and lasts and lasts.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2006 3:34:00 PM More reviews by minanmi

I think I'm the only one here who wasn't blown away by this product. This is the first primer I've used, and I think the results are just ok. The price is great, but ultimately, the fibers kept annoying my contacts, and this product weighed down my lashes considerably. It did increase volume and length, and it washed off easily, but it didn't hold curl. It looks amazing with some of my mascaras, and not others. Generally, I don't think I'll be buying again.

EDIT: 6/22/07. I've been using this everyday with a tube of dejavu fiberwig I picked up recently, and together, these products make my lashes look long and full and curled, with absolutely no flaking or smudging! I really don't think the fiberwig is amazing on its own at all (and it didn't even look that great with my trusty Shisedo mascara base), and I still hold by my review that the Missha doesn't work with my other mascaras, but for some reason, this combo is amazing. I might buy this base again for use with just this mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 4:22:00 PM More reviews by LovingMe830

This is the ONLY base I've used for almost 2 years now, it is EXCELLENT and the price/quality cannot be beat!!! It sells for $5.99, it's a steal and works so much better than any other designer brand I ever tried. I HIGHLY reccomend you try it, Especially this month. At Missha stores (In NYC anyway) they are having a 50% off on any product. So for $2.60 cents you have almost nothing to lose AND will probably never look back!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by carolineee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works very well. The only other lash extension mascara I've tried was Maybelline XXL. Missha's base mascara is better. I suggest only applying it to the tips. It's very cheap and I would buy again, but I feel like it'll last me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2006 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Uncle_Joey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i'm visiting korea right now, and since there is a missha on every block here, i had to try this. it was sold out at a few missha stores, but i finally found it in stock. it was about $3, and comes in a very simple, slim white tube. i was kinda dubious when i first saw all the little fibers, but not to worry--it's FABULOUS. it lengthened considerably, was non-clumpy, and very natural. i used max factor lash perfection over it. highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2006 6:31:00 PM More reviews by xloveholic

It's amazing how wonderfully this works! It's a simple tube, and like the user before me, the fibers work magic! I will definitely buy again when I run out. (The price is reasonably low too.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2006 5:37:00 AM More reviews by na8i

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Unbelievably unexpensive and unbeliveably great! I have not tried that many mascara bases - 1) Shu Uemura's Lash Repair 2) Maybelline something-something and 3) Missha's Mascara Base. My HG mascara is Kanebo 38* and the base that have worked best with this is amazingly enough the super cheap Missha. Maybelline's went in the garbage, a horrible sticky mess. Shu Uemura's I loved. It conditioned my lashes and made them grow longer, but unfortunately it didn't mesh to well with my Kanebo. And I refuse to let go of my Kanebo! Missha is superb; I don't even have to curl my lashes anymore! And they look a mile longer... I do not know if this mascara base is supposed to have conditioning properties, but I haven't lost a lash (that I've noticed) since I started using this. Kanebo + Missha = These two together are winners in my book. I climbed a mountain in Seoul in really hot and humid weather and it still stayed put. My eye shadow and foundation and blush were gone... I'm gonna cry when I run out of this - I forgot to buy back-ups. www.missha.net

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 6:55:00 PM More reviews by bingbing

I think I paid about AUD7 bux for this baby which I bought on a whim. I'm so glad I did.
The packaging is nothing special - just an ordinary white tube with a silver lid, but when you open it up, this mascara base is chockers with little fibre bits in it. It leaves all other bases I've ever tried for dead. Maybelline and L'Oreal's fibre bases don't have anything on this one.
I curled my lashes, then put this on. Minimal clumping which was a pleasant surprise. In my experience from putting little hairy things on, there's been more clumping involved. Used the slow zig zag wiggle waggle method, combed through several times, then put some normal black mascara on afterwards. Use the eyelash comb through it (the Tweezerman is excellent - but be careful, those tines are sharp and spikey). And there they were - amazingly long luscious thick lashes. This lasted from 7pm til 5am on humid NYE with nary a smudge. I'll definitely buy more when this runs out.

On another note, if you find mascaras droop your carefully curled lashes, try this. Put your mascara on, (eyelashes droop), then push up your lashes into a curled shape with your fingers. The heat from the pads of your fingers will set the curl. Hope that helps!
From the website:
Base Mascara is used throughout the process of applying mascara; it is a product that lengthens the lasting effects of volume and curling by as twice as much. The triple effects of the Base Mascara make the eyelashes longer, voluminous, and curly.
* Characteristics
1. Provides moisture to the eyelashes: containing natural moisturizers, it prevents excessive dryness.
2. Increases the vividness of mascaras: the white base coating layer makes the color of the mascara darker and more vivid. continued >>