December 20, 2014 | 1621 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I'VE FINALLY FOUND MY PERFECT NUDE! I have been looking for a great MLBB lipstick for my NC40/42 complexion, and was about to give up hope before I came across this little gem. Every other "nude" that I've tried either washed me out/looked ashy, or was too pink, brown etc. This is the perfect balance of pinkish/brown that is just slightly darker than my natural lip tone. I find that this also has very SLIGHT mauve undertones when applied (but that may not show on everyone). I highly suggest this to girls around my complexion (say NC35-45) who are looking for a good nude lip color.

This is a satin lipstick. Satin is my favorite finish of all the MAC lipsticks. It IS a little drying if you don't use a balm (RoC Enydrial Lip Repair is AWESOME), but it glides on very smoothly and lasts about 4-5 hours before you need a touch-up (unless you're eating of course). I really suggest using a gloss with this lipstick since, as I said, it can be drying and accentuate lines and flakes in your lips. I pair it with 'Boy Bait' Lipglass and Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in 'Morning Coffee'. It goes with ANY eye makeup and emphasizes my naturally pinkish brown lips, while still providing me with that natural look.

I gave the packaging a 5/5 because I really love MAC's simplistic, charcoal bullet. It's elegant, yet not over the top like some brands (*cough cough* YSL). This has a yummy vanilla scent like all MAC lipsticks as well!

This is a gorgeous lipstick for women looking for something versatile that is subdued, yet pretty. It's bold enough to emphasis your lips, yet subtle enough not to compete with the rest of your makeup. Love it!

BTW- Though this matches many blushes, I feel like it would go best with a mocha/pinkish brown blush such as MAC's 'Mocha' or 'Sweet As Cocoa'.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by nix19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: I've really grown to love this lippie and realized how well it looked on me. It has great staying power compared to my Mac Brick-o-la.

I have a love-hate relationship for this color. On my pigmented purply lips, it is mauve on me. I was expecting a borwn-red or another MLBB but apparently, it's mauve on me! I don't get it! I don't like mauve colors because I don't like any lipcolor that has a purple tone on it because my lips are already purplish.

However,as much as I despise the mauve color Twig produces on my lips, it suits me very well. It looks good on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by LolaToni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick, it's one of my current favorites. On me it looks like a pinky nude which i like to pair with a neutral eye with white/cream liner on my water line.

If i had to throw away all of my lipsticks and keep only three, Twig would be one of them.

My only problem is the price, as MAC's prices have gone up twice. ANNOYING!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Beatmadl

This was my first Mac Lipstick and I absolutely love it. I'm NC20 and this looks great on my skin tone. Whenever I wear it, people want to know, what I am wearing. And many times colleagues and friends wrote down the name of it, they liked it that much.

I'm gonna repurchase this one forever!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by SallytheCat

I've bought this lipstick twice. The colouring is so beautiful. It's quite dark so I just wear a small amount and it's good. It looks quite natural on my lips but I find it a bit drying so I usually wear a lip balm underneath.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Wijg3

This is a beautiful shade and I have been searching for the perfect pink brown lipstick forever. Seriously, FOREVER. Cannot find it. This one is my HG for about an hour, and then it turns very dark pink. I need more brown than pink and cant seem to find this anywhere. I guess my lips are very pigmented? I am very fair with lots of pink undertones so my brownish lipstick turning extremely hot pink could be explained by having very pigmented lips right? I just dont know where to go next since I was sure Twig would be my HG. any recommendations on a perfect MLBB pinkish brown with a little plum/purple lipstick. It's hard to google all of that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this color. I normally wear really light colors (not to be confused with nude/pale/concealor lips) such as shy girl or cream cup. I've been wanting to try darker, deeper, brighter colors. I got this one looking for a plummy berry fall/winter shade. This is exactly what I was looking for. It's kind of a muted berry red that brightens my face but not overwhelming that I think pretty much anyone could wear. It's not too brown which is normally the problem I come across, or too dark. It glides on very smoothly, which I love and will last till I eat or drink (I don't expect more longevity out of a lip color than that). It's not moisturizing or drying, just kind of there. I always wear lip balm under it anyway so that may make it glide smoother and keep it from drying. It doesn't sink into lines and I haven't had feathering problem with it. Great every day, throw in your purse, put on without a mirror lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to agree 100% with the review below by mynameishoney. I too have NC40/42 skin and mauve toned pigmented lips. I often struggle to find an everyday MMBL shade that doesn't make me look too Jersey or too Barbie. Twig is perfection for my needs. Twig is a nice satin finish l/s that is a neutral pink brown. Often, most pink browns pull too red and warm making me look sallow. Twig is simply beautiful and works almost like a default shade, for when I can't decide what to put on I will reach for Twig. Out of the lipsticks that I have tried in this color family, I would have to say NYX B52 is very similar. However B52 leans a bit mauve, not as neautral as Twig.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Beautygirl48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday go to lipstick. This shade is amazing! I get so many compliments on it and my friends always want to know what color i'm wearing. It is sort of a neutral mauve color and serves as an enhancement to my natural lip color. It is great for everyday because it is basic and pretty neutral yet I still have added color on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Perfection, I have found thee, and thy name is Twig.
sorry, I just had to say that...because seriously this is what I've been searching for, for years! For MAC reference, I have Indian skin tone NC40-42 (winter/summer) and my lips are sort of mauve pigmented. I instinctively stayed away from pink lipsticks because most looked too barbie or stark on me. I'd usually end up getting something that was darker mauve/plum, or brown, neither with much pink in them. As well as these worked for me, it would be obvious I was wearing something that didn't exactly look natural. So thanks, MUAers, for giving me some fruitful research once again!
Product: satin finish, neutral pink with a slightly brown undertone, applies smoothly, decent staying power. Doesn't dry as long as I've got a thin layer of balm/chapstick. May enhance creases if really slapped on, but if it's a normal amount, it looks fine.
Packaging: I love MAC's sleek charcoal bullet packaging and the cap doesn't slip off like other brands, so I always give it a 5.
Price: I gave this a 4 because I think you may find a dupe in a cheaper but still quality brand (like Revlon) but I haven't looked...if anyone finds one please post!! It's still not as exorbitant as some high-end luxury brands like Givenchy or YSL ($30-40).