MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this lipstick! It isn't drying (and i have VERY dry lips) and it's so versatile. On it's own it's a beige-mauve that becomes more plum-toned as i apply more. As others have said, it really has a brightening effect on the face. If i want to make it more office-neutral i just put on my NYX lip pencil in Pink Nude underneath and apply a thin layer of Twig on top. If i want a more intense fall look I'll apply a brown or mauve pencil underneath.

on 6/4/2014 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best "your lips but better" lipstick I wear it everyday nice nude mauve color! Great on yellow complexions!

on 3/5/2014 12:23:00 AM

I absolutely love this colour!! It adds something to your face without looking like you are trying too hard. I can wear it to work without looking too done up yet presentable. You definitely have to have moisturized lips but the colour works because its matte and not shiny. I recommend this lipstick if you like a matte and natural look.

on 3/1/2014 9:30:00 PM

One of my all time favorite shades. This beautiful brownish-nude pink would look flattering on almost any skin tone and is totally appropriate for day or night. Adds a bit of color to the lips without being too overpowering. Like most MAC lipsticks, the staying power on this is fantastic. Just buy it already!

on 1/22/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this color. My go-to color for work. Very flatering. A staple, will repurchase when I will finish it!

on 1/3/2014 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I went to get my free back2mac, and asked the sales associate what a good everyday lipstick would be. He told me Twig, and I thought it looked ok at the store (I hate those pesky, bright department store lights). If I could take it back I would. On my really pigmented lips it pulls more brown than I would like. I make it work by pairing it with a really pink lip liner to make it rosier. I think if I didn't do that it would be a really dated color, and make me look older. I only wear it to work, or somewhere it's not appropriate to wear my fun, bright colored lipsticks. Unfortunately, I wouldn't get Twig again, or recommend you buy this shade of lipstick unless you are looking for a sophisticated lipstick. I'm just glad I didn't pay money for it.

on 10/20/2013 10:56:00 AM

I bought Twig to use when I don't feel like wearing anything and I really like it!, its perfect for when I have to go somewhere where I don't want to look overdress.

Twig is the little black dress in my closet and even though is not a very dramatic shade I think is a very useful one and it has become a must have for me.

on 10/16/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I swear by twig! It is the perfect everyday lipstick. The satin line by MAC is amazing. It goes on super smooth unlike mattes and is super rich in color unlike cream sheens. It's the best your lips but better lipstick I've ever encountered. I don't need to reapply or constantly moisturize throughout the day. Everyone needs a little Twig in their lives. I have 3 sticks! MAC lipstick is truly a worthy investment.

on 9/17/2013 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My perfect MLBB lipstick and this was in my first MAC purchase along with amber lights which I love to death. If you're NC 20/25 dark brown hair/eyes who always love to find new favorite MLBB colors then this is for you. You're welcome :)

on 9/6/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Im an NC45 for reference.
Twig is one of those awesome go-to everyday type of colors.
I would had given it a 5, but Mac Cosmo has my heart!

Popular Lipsticks