August 21, 2014 | 1079 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Beautygirl48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday go to lipstick. This shade is amazing! I get so many compliments on it and my friends always want to know what color i'm wearing. It is sort of a neutral mauve color and serves as an enhancement to my natural lip color. It is great for everyday because it is basic and pretty neutral yet I still have added color on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Perfection, I have found thee, and thy name is Twig.
sorry, I just had to say that...because seriously this is what I've been searching for, for years! For MAC reference, I have Indian skin tone NC40-42 (winter/summer) and my lips are sort of mauve pigmented. I instinctively stayed away from pink lipsticks because most looked too barbie or stark on me. I'd usually end up getting something that was darker mauve/plum, or brown, neither with much pink in them. As well as these worked for me, it would be obvious I was wearing something that didn't exactly look natural. So thanks, MUAers, for giving me some fruitful research once again!
Product: satin finish, neutral pink with a slightly brown undertone, applies smoothly, decent staying power. Doesn't dry as long as I've got a thin layer of balm/chapstick. May enhance creases if really slapped on, but if it's a normal amount, it looks fine.
Packaging: I love MAC's sleek charcoal bullet packaging and the cap doesn't slip off like other brands, so I always give it a 5.
Price: I gave this a 4 because I think you may find a dupe in a cheaper but still quality brand (like Revlon) but I haven't looked...if anyone finds one please post!! It's still not as exorbitant as some high-end luxury brands like Givenchy or YSL ($30-40).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Sekhon

I was looking for a product that was a couple shades darker than my lips (I love the 90s lips look) and this was perfect! Sometime it looks like a pinky/brown and sometimes it just looks rosy. Anyhow I love it.
However, APPLY WITH A CHAPSTICK. can be drying otherwise..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by PrinceChagum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC purchase! I decided to start out with a more neutral tone that I could where pretty much anywhere, and I suppose I succeeded in choosing it! On me, I find this is a really pretty dusty rose colour with just a liiiiittle bit of brown if the light hits it a certain way. Not bad! I have very pigmented lips so this looks quite natural on me, but still manages to make me look polished and pulls together my overall look for the day. It doesn't dry out my lips. I put on a good lip balm under this and my lips look amazing for hours, even after eating and drinking.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im hating on MAC recently as they keep putting their prices up but if yoy compare to other brands their stuff isnt all that expensive such as their mascaras ( which ive only bought 3 ever).

I have seemed to have collected over 30 MAC lipsticks alone so for me to wear the same l/s more than once it has to look good.

This pulls a rosey pink, slightly nude but not nude like Hug Me or anything.
It look great on my NC43 skin and with a simple look like gel e/l and mascara i then either play it up or down with a pink or nude blush.

I likethe formulation too. I would buy again if i ran out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, warmish, pinkish-brown shade on me. I would have preferred it to be a little cooler and more ‘plummy’, but it is still a nice, natural, MLBB color. This is my first MAC satin, and this definitely has a creamy, opaque, full-coverage, traditional-lipstick look and feel to it. I really gravitate towards sheer lipsticks, so I apply balm or gloss under/over this, to sheer it out a little. If I am not careful, this color and formula can ‘age’ me a little bit. The staying power of this is quite exceptional, though. The color lasts a good 3-4 hours. It does dry out my lips a little, but if I add a touch of gloss or balm overtop, that seems to refresh the moisture and color for a few more hours. I am just getting into MAC lipsticks, and I find they really seem to look different on everyone depending on what your undertones are. I can see this shade flattering most anyone. I swapped for this, and I am quite pleased with it. I would repurchase it, should I ever have the need.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Sherges

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to lipstick! It's my MLBB hands down! My favorite MAC lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by FriendlyAussie

Twig is a brownish pink colour with ruddy undertones. It lends a very professional and mature look to a face. For darker asian skin tones, I can imagine that this would be a good MLBB shade. It is not unique by any means and is easily duped (Wet N Wild has an exact dupe, but I can't remember the name).

The formula is very moisurising and long lasting with a great smell. As with all MAC lipsticks Twig has the chic bullet packaging which I love. I have removed one lippy due to the fact that this can sometimes look harsh and dated.

Overall, this is a nice lipstick to have but I would not repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

A well-pigmented and fully opaque warm brownish pink lipstick on my NC30/C4 pigmented Asian lips. It’s odorless, tasteless, has a nice smooth finish and no frost or shimmer (my preference). It is definitely a MLBB shade so it’s perfect for the office; I feel “finished” when I wear this shade. It lasts about 2 hours before I reapply, but it wears evenly and doesn’t create flaking or that dreaded build up on the outer corners of your lips. It does leave my lips a bit dry, so I top with a light lip balm, like my clear Maybelline Baby Lips or Aquaphor. Would recommend as a daily lippie if you are a 9-5er in a conservative office and just want a polished lip. Nothing exciting, but it’s a great neutral and those are the lippies I tend to use the most!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by farihsa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lipstick. I wear it almost every day; it's my go-to lipstick. Everyone says it's supposed to be brown or nude, but on my lips, it shows up as the most beautiful pink ever. It's a dusty rose color on me, definitely a MLBB shade.

I love the formula of satin lipsticks. It's my favorite finish by MAC. It can be drying, but all I have to do is put a lip balm on before I do my lips and there's no problem.

Its lasting power is probably the best out of all the MAC lipsticks I've tried. It easily lasts 4-5 hours on me without eating, but I apply another coat of lipstick after lunch out of habit, so I don't know how long it would last without reapplying. I'll have to look into that, but honestly, I don't care as I love this lipstick regardless of its exact staying power.

If you want to make the pink of this lipstick pop, I really, really recommend trying it out with the Tour de Fabulous lipglass. The lipglass is LE so try it fast! The two colors look stunning together, and you wouldn't think so by just looking at the colors separately. I also recommend Pink Lemonade lipglass.

I am definitely, definitely buying this color again as soon as I run out. I hope MAC never stops making this lipstick. It's my favorite one ever, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a soft, understated pink that can be played up. It's just...I really can't describe how much I love this lipstick any better. Just do yourself a favor and try it, please!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No