C.O. Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lip Shine

4.6

I have several of these mentha glosses in different tints. They are tingly and cool feeling on the lips. I really like the minty scent. Thankfully this gloss is very moisturizing and I feel like it smoothes my lips. They go on sale often, so it's not as expensive. I do think they can be a little gloppy and thicker than I would like, hence the 4 lippies instead of 5.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Honestly, Burt's Bees has nothing on this. I love the ultra mentha feel and smell. The first time I used it I started freaking out, because I never felt something so strong before. I thought I was getting an allergic reaction. But I really like how fast it works. Within minutes my lips are smoother and the dead skin peels off without bleeding (gross I know). But I have thick lips, so they dry easily as well. When I use other types of lip balm (I used this as a lip balm more than lip gloss) it takes several hours and many applications.

The only thing I dislike is the price. It is kind of pricey when other things like it are only half the price, but I go to BBW twice everywhere when they're selling these for only $2.50 and I stock pile it for six months.

I'll start off by saying I have extremely dry lips, and I cannot wear lipsticks or many lip glosses because of it. I tend to stick to vaseline, blistex medex, and vitamin e lip balm from the body shop. Anything else just makes my dry lips look terrible, peel, flake and leaves me with a total mess.
However, I am addicted to anything with menthol in it, so I HAD to try this when one of my friends came back with it from a trip to the US. I LOVE it. It's not the most moisturizing thing I've used, but it doesn't have any negative affects, so that's a bonus. It smells and tastes AMAZING, it's very shiny which is a good change from my boring lip balms. After using this once I was hooked. It's hard to get this here in Canada, so my cousin and I made a deal that I will do her hair for free when she comes to visit from the USA, and she'll send me these! Works out perfectly! I've tried the ultra mentha, mentha, spearmint, cinnamint, the lip tints, and the lip exfoliator, and I love them all!
I only gave this a 4 because it's not as moisurizing as I need, but in all other areas it is amazing.
I'm not sure of the price, because as I said my cousin gives it to me as a gift.
Definitely love these lip balms, and wish there was a Bath and Body works closer so I could try more of their products!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this because it's gloss and chapstick in one. This makes your lips as glossy as you'd like (nice sheen to super glossy), smells great, feels great, tastes great and I love the packaging (so you can get every bit out). It's kind of pricey at $7.50 so I wait until Bath and Body Works has it on sale for buy 2 get 1 free. then the price averages out to $5 per lip shine. The only other downfall is that it wear off quite quickly.

I love this stuff and actually think I'm addicted. I really like menthol smell & tingly coolness feeling so this is a must have for me! Yeah, it makes your lips all glossy and makes your breath smell fresh but I mostly just like the way it feels. I get it at Bath & Bodyworks & I guess it's a bit pricey for 7.50 a tube but it's worth it to me and they usually have a sale like buy 2 get 1 free or something. There are tinted ones and lipsticks even so you can mix n match. I always have to have this with me, beside me, always!

My HG of all time!!! It goes on clear and make your lips feel moisturized and gives it a slight tingle. It smells and tastes pleasantly minty... a sweet mint, kinda like peppermint gum or something. I do have to reapply this quite often but I definitely don't mind because it feels refreshing to my lips when i do. I've gone through 3 tubes of this already... and since Bath & Body Works usually has a deal on these lippies, I often get them for cheaper than $7.50, which is what they normally run for. If you're a sucker for minty lipglosses like I am, try this out! You won't regret it :)

This lip gloss is like a drug for me, it's the only gloss I ever use. I do find I have to reapply pretty frequently, but I love it so much I don't mind at all. The shine is amazing, and the menthol is incredible. Leaves lips feeling cool and comfortable. I've been using it for years, and even wear it over lipstick.

I have very full lips, and this is by far the most amazing lip product i've ever owned. I'm not a lipstick wearer by any means - i dont remember the last time I put any on. I am very picky when it comes to lip gloss because I hate most colored ones, and what I hate even more is sticky lip gloss. This stuff is incredible and although a little pricey, WORTH EVERY PENNY! Its a great tingly mint feeling for me, and a light mint scent to anyone near me. The shine is incredible, but the staying power is iffy. The tube is great but after a while with my old tube, the cap started to get kind of gross. This is def my lip gloss HG!

I really wanted to like these lip shines, but I am just not sure if they are for me. The gloss slides all over my lips to all the edges and never stays put, it's lasting power is not fantastic. I love the mint smell and the way it makes my lips look wet, but it glides all over and leaves my lips extremely dry when it wears off. I don't think I will buy this again.

Wow! When they say shine, they mean SHINE! I'm not sure about everyone else, but all of the other glosses I've tried had a 'meh' shine to it. But this is very glassy and shiny. It freshens my breath as well! The only downside is that it doesn't last for very long. I will definitely be buying this again!

Recommended for Medium Skin