October 21, 2014 | 1755 users online

Treatments (Face) - Polysporin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

We keep a couple tubes around for general first aid, but recently I've had some odd under the skin bumps that weren't going away. They weren't cysts, and none of my usual acne treatments were making a dent in them. After a couple nights of smearing some of this on them before bed, they've dried up into nothing. Amazing! Hopefully this'll work on the more usual type of zits I get, as well.

I'll be quite frank...I've also found this useful during a horrible yeast infection. A little of this on the irritated outer skin (which usually gets further irritated by the yeast infection cream) is super soothing and didn't cause any adverse effects. As always, ymmv!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One word, AMAZING. After I've popped a pimple I always apply Polysporin and it reduces the redness and dry skin that I would otherwise have if I did not apply this.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by AirForceAmy87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was really hoping that I would love this product, as many of the other reviewers had. I was intending to use polysporin on my acne, in hopes that it would reduce redness and size..... Well it didn't. Lol. I applied polysporin, twice. Woke up, and I had three rashes on my face. I didn't
think I would be allergic to polysporin, but apparently 1% of people who use it are allergic, lucky me! So to help anyone else out who may come across the same issue, I will let you know what I first tried to heal the rash (that didn't work,) and what actually did work. So naturally I kind of freaked out, I knew my rash wasn't SEVERE to the point I needed to see a doctor (like every site said to do,) so I tried fixing it myself. At first I tried using witch hazel, that did literally nothing. I then tried calamine lotion, nothing. Locally grown Honey, nothing. My cure all happened to be....... HYDROGEN PEROXIDE!!!! I had a genius idea to take a cotton ball, pour HP on it and dab it onto the rashes, and I did not place any moisturizer (lotions could cause further irritation,) over them. My rashes healed so fast!! I am steal healing but the eases are virtually invisible. HP cleared them up and reduced redness and size right away. I used regular 3% hydrogen peroxide and I didn't dilute it. It dried up the rash, and helped kill any bacteria. I don't think polysporin sucks... For me it does, only because I am clearly allergic. But if anyone else experiences issues try the HP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not surprising that this would help with drying out blemishes, considering it's an antibiotic ointment and blemishes are tiny infections, so.....good to know.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by babochka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish I found this products few years ago, I could have saved my face from acne scars but I'm glad I found it now.every time I get a zit(mostly stupid whiteheads) I apply alittle polysporin and by the next day it would be gone or the least not as agrressive as it was when it first occured.I'M SO BUYING THIS STUFF FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by meaghanrichards

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love this stuff. It's a staple in my medicine cabinet. Even though I know it's horrible to do I still find myself picking pimples occasionally, and when I do this is the only thing that helps them heal fast and without scarring.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the reviews about this working as a spot treatment for pimples. Well I just recently got THE worst pimple EVER and I needed something to get rid of it and FAST. Used this for three days and NOTHING. Not only that but it made the pimple more red and all flaky and dried up.. I'm not sure about healing pimples so it might work for you if you use it for that reason.... but for me it sucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by dorilob

The absolute best at healing breakouts. It diminshes redness and heals. It can't be beat!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

I never usually get huge breakouts but when I do I really pick and try and pop them which leads to scabs and scars. Well I recently got one and of course it just turned into an open sore on my face so bad I really didnt want to leave the house, So i decided to search top pick under unlisted brand to see if there were any home remedies. I treid hydrogen peroxide to clean it which was amazing and then i found reviews for this which I knew I had in with my band-aids somewhere. I tried it and i can say it really does live up to hype, it really helped heal it. the next morning after putting this on and adding a little bit of vitamin e oil the night before, I woke up with a little tiny dry patch and significantly smaller spot where before it was all swelled up, bright red and a large mark.
Although I don't like petroleum based products, it is one prodcut that actually does what it says it will (heal wounds) which is more than you can say for most beauty products out there. now im gonna allways have a tube on hand for emergencies

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! I use this as an overnight treatment for pimples. When I see a pimple forming, I add some and it usually doesn't let the pimple form or get bigger. I use it before bed time or while I'm doing chores.

I also use this as a healing treatment for pimples that I have picked at. I recently picked at one on my cheek, a week before a big event! I was using neosporin but reading the boards, everyone seemed to recommend poly better than neo. I purchased it and applied some to my pimple. I noticed that it helped it heal a lot faster than neo.

The scab healed within days. I was happy with my results! I don't use a lot of this. Only when needed.