Polysporin

4.5

Active Ingredients: Each grams contains: Bacitracin Zinc (500 units), Polymyxin B Sulfate (10,000 units). Inactive Ingredients: White Petrolatum Base.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is the absolute best product to use on an open blemish (whether you picked at it or it came to a head and drained, etc...). It heals it faster than anything Ive ever used. I also had some scaly patches from using Retin A that turned into actual scabs, and so one night I just lathered on polysporin on all of them. In the morning they looked and felt so much better, and after 3 days were healed completely (and I stopped using the retin a too). and I feared the vaseline-type base would break me out or clog pores, but for some reason it didnt at all. Amazing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use the Walmart knockoff version of this.

I was worried about the mineral oil/petrolatum because it has pore clogging potential, but when I put this on a zit I'd popped (I know, I know) overnight, in the morning the swelling, redness, and pain were way down. I can tell it even started to heal the little hole in the skin and am hoping it will prevent it from scarring too badly.

I have a new, cheap zit management method since I've resigned to the fact that no product, $4 or $94, is going to stop my hormones from blessing me with the occasional mean cystic zit (I know because I've tried everything. Everything. And guess what? It's all a giant coincidence...I get huge zits a week before that time of the month hits, and it doesn't matter what I've been putting on my face.)

So, my new zit management program (which I partially stole from Allie on XO Vain) is: early stage zits get benzoyl peroxide. For a day or two. Then a drying mask as spot treatment...Maybe the mask alone, maybe bp mixed with a sulfur/zinc/clay drying product (Queen Helene Mint Julep mask works great and has all three), and then left on overnight. Then as it starts to heal, I switch to this stuff (Antibacterial ointment). It provides much needed moisture and healing and continues to keep the bacteria from making it an inflamed, red, ugly mess. I have been using this method this week on three cystic zits in various stages of disarray on my face, and they're all drying up and healing up. It's not magical or overnight, but in think it's better than any expensive product I've tried. Old school works.

We keep a couple tubes around for general first aid, but recently I've had some odd under the skin bumps that weren't going away. They weren't cysts, and none of my usual acne treatments were making a dent in them. After a couple nights of smearing some of this on them before bed, they've dried up into nothing. Amazing! Hopefully this'll work on the more usual type of zits I get, as well.

I'll be quite frank...I've also found this useful during a horrible yeast infection. A little of this on the irritated outer skin (which usually gets further irritated by the yeast infection cream) is super soothing and didn't cause any adverse effects. As always, ymmv!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

One word, AMAZING. After I've popped a pimple I always apply Polysporin and it reduces the redness and dry skin that I would otherwise have if I did not apply this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I was really hoping that I would love this product, as many of the other reviewers had. I was intending to use polysporin on my acne, in hopes that it would reduce redness and size..... Well it didn't. Lol. I applied polysporin, twice. Woke up, and I had three rashes on my face. I didn't
think I would be allergic to polysporin, but apparently 1% of people who use it are allergic, lucky me! So to help anyone else out who may come across the same issue, I will let you know what I first tried to heal the rash (that didn't work,) and what actually did work. So naturally I kind of freaked out, I knew my rash wasn't SEVERE to the point I needed to see a doctor (like every site said to do,) so I tried fixing it myself. At first I tried using witch hazel, that did literally nothing. I then tried calamine lotion, nothing. Locally grown Honey, nothing. My cure all happened to be....... HYDROGEN PEROXIDE!!!! I had a genius idea to take a cotton ball, pour HP on it and dab it onto the rashes, and I did not place any moisturizer (lotions could cause further irritation,) over them. My rashes healed so fast!! I am steal healing but the eases are virtually invisible. HP cleared them up and reduced redness and size right away. I used regular 3% hydrogen peroxide and I didn't dilute it. It dried up the rash, and helped kill any bacteria. I don't think polysporin sucks... For me it does, only because I am clearly allergic. But if anyone else experiences issues try the HP.

Not surprising that this would help with drying out blemishes, considering it's an antibiotic ointment and blemishes are tiny infections, so.....good to know.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish I found this products few years ago, I could have saved my face from acne scars but I'm glad I found it now.every time I get a zit(mostly stupid whiteheads) I apply alittle polysporin and by the next day it would be gone or the least not as agrressive as it was when it first occured.I'M SO BUYING THIS STUFF FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love love love this stuff. It's a staple in my medicine cabinet. Even though I know it's horrible to do I still find myself picking pimples occasionally, and when I do this is the only thing that helps them heal fast and without scarring.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after reading the reviews about this working as a spot treatment for pimples. Well I just recently got THE worst pimple EVER and I needed something to get rid of it and FAST. Used this for three days and NOTHING. Not only that but it made the pimple more red and all flaky and dried up.. I'm not sure about healing pimples so it might work for you if you use it for that reason.... but for me it sucks!

The absolute best at healing breakouts. It diminshes redness and heals. It can't be beat!