October 30, 2014 | 1781 users online

Treatments (Face) - Polysporin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by RuKa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG HG HG!!!!!!!!!
Any break outs I get don't stand a chance! Gone by the next day if not sooner! Burned myself pretty badly a couple years ago too and though it obviously won't do the same thing for burns as it does break outs, polysporin saved me from horrible scarring. I still ended up with a bit of a mark, but I don't believe anything else would have done such a great job. This is a staple in my house.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by smatthews

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh pickles Poly, you and I were not meant to be. I believed the promise and had every confidence you were going to save my blemish-ridden self. But no, you instead bestowed upon me, rashy-blisterlike bumps that I have yet to completely get over. If only I had known you would give me hives and leave me in great distress.. if only!

Allergy Alert: If you have NEVER tried Polysporin before and are not sure if you may be allergic, please do a skin test first by dabbing on the soft skin in your upper/inner arm.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by ritumoni

i dabbed this on a severelyyyyy picked cystic that i had.
it was preety scarred and dark and i was hopeless, it did not heal because i kept picking at it..but what can i do ? if i dont pick at it, to get the white stuff out -and reduce the huge dry patch which made it look awfal. anyhow i dabbed polysporin b4 i wnet to bed -next day the bump reduced almost completly and the scaryy scar lightened a WHOLE LOT. i was like damn,!! and now its been 5 days and its compleltly healed.and just some scars that will prolly go away completly after a month

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'v been using this product for about 6 months now. I'm a picker and a popper. I know, I know, but sometimes I just can't help it. Before I found this little gem, every pimple I got would leave a mark that seriously lasted MONTHS, even if it didn't surface. With this stuff, the mark goes away within a WEEK. That is a huge feat when it comes to my skin. I would like to comment about one thing that I've seen others mention. This stuff doesn't do a thing for existing pimples, at least not for me. All it does is heal the skin after it's been traumatized (by me. LOL). Will never be without this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by looser

This stuff is AMAZING. I had never even heard of this product before finally reading all the reviews and deciding to buy it; I am so glad I did! I'd had a few chemical burns on my face.. pimples that I had picked at and were peeling. I started using a glycolic acid on my face, including on the peeling, scabbed spots (like a complete idiot, I know) thinking that maybe it would make them dry up faster. Yeah right. It made the spots 10 times worse; painful, raw, extremely red, and disgusting looking, I didn't want to leave the house at all for anything. I tried EVOO, aloe vera, neosporin, vaseline.. nothing was helping these burns heal for a week. In fact, it seemed to make them worse. I read all these reviews, bought this yesterday night, and I am so happy! The burns are completely healed, still red, but no longer peeling or raw. I cannot believe how much of a miracle this stuff is. It did in one night what a handful of products couldn't do in a week! This is definitely a HG product in my book.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

for a product that contains not so good ingredients (Mineral oil, paraben, petrolatum, poloxamer, propylene glycol, water, wax) for the POLYSPORIN Antibiotic Cream heal fast formula, this actually works well for my occasional pimple. the other polysporins out contain better ingredients such as ; Butylated hydroxytoluene, cocoa butter, cotton seed oil, olive oil, petrolatum, sodium pyruvate, vitamin E (dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate) for the triple antibiotic ointment heal fast formula which i will purchase next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to for everything. Blemishes. Cuts. Burns. I mix it with vitamin E oil and put it on problem areas as well. And every night before bed, I smooth it on my nails. I am a nail biter, but I do care about the way my nails look. No matter what I've done to my nails that day, the next morning they look great. I LOVE THIS STUFF. The generic brand is a-ok too though. I'm a fan of the clear cream, its almost gel-like. I always have a supply of it onhand :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 12:51:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would never have thought to try Polysporin on pimples if I had not stumbled across the MUA reviews. 2 days ago I had a very large whitehead on my upper cheek. While I was washing my face it popped (I know, YUCK!) so I dabbed on a bit of Polysporin. In the morning I put on another dab and then again that night. Well its gone! Almost completely flat (still a bit of a bump), barely noticeable. It also calmed down the redness and didn't make my skin dry and flakey, like with BP products. Like other reviewers suggested, I think this might work better on open pimples, but I think I'll give it a try on my next pimple and see what happens (knock on wood as my skin has been behaving recently). I have the ointment not the cream and it has vitamin E and zinc in it. One thing to be aware of, it does state on the package not to use for longer than 7 days or on large areas of the skin. It is an antibiotic and overuse can disrupt the good bacteria we have and make us resistant to antibiotics, so this is best used sparingly and only when needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2008 1:18:00 AM More reviews by redscare

I have persistent acne on my chin and no skin product or regime has seemed to make it go away.
When I first started using this I didn't notice much of a difference, and only until I really rubbed it GOOD into my skin did I wake up to better skin. Polysporin does make a difference on the occasional pimple, but does not perform exceptionally for my problemed chin area.

I base my rating more on the effectiveness of Polysporin on cold sores which I get in the winter time (much more economic than $20 for abreva), minor irritations and very chapped lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use neosporin but I think it was breaking me out. Switched to polysporin for a while now and looove it. I agree with all the below raves and always keep it on hand for those pimples i couldn't keep myself from touching. Highly recommended!