Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara

3.7

on 10/11/2011 10:14:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was rather impressed with this mascara. I had heard from a friend that this was one of her favorite Mary Kay products so I decided to try it out. First of all I love the packaging. The shape of the tube makes it so easy to hold. The mascara really seemed to define and lengthen my lashes and even gave them some volume. It didn't weigh my eyelashes down either like some mascara. I could see where some people might have a little trouble with clumping if you build this up but I didn't have any problems at all since on a daily basis I'm too lazy to put more than one coat of mascara on. It stayed on a decent amount of time even though I have watery eyes sometimes and oily eyelids. I woud repurchase if I didn't have that problem with my eyes and the way to purchase this was different. I really need waterproof tubing mascara so I can use mascara on my bottom eye lashes.

on 8/28/2011 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Damn! I borrowed this from my mom while on vacation and was impressed by how long and defined my lashes looked. They did get a bit clumpy/spidery with a second coat, but I also didn't have a lash brush with me which would have helped. For the record, I am half asian with long but sparse, straight eyelashes that lose their curl quickly.

on 8/14/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i bought this mascara after attending a MK party. at the party the mascara seemed to lengthen and define my lashes. however, the actual product did the exact opposite. it made all of my lashed clump together with the use of very little product. i found it to be a nightmare to work with, seeing how it left little to no color on my lashes, and layering was next to impossible.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

ok let me start off by stating the few good thing about it. it comes in a cute little tube... ok i think thats it lol. sorry MK i use a lot of your products and they are very good! but this just doesnt work for me. it clumps up on my eye lashes andd the brush andd the opening in the tube! and dont even think about applying later on in the day, it clumps so bad and looks awful. it makes your lashes stick together in a big messy clump. i hope it works better for others (which it works for my mom, thats all shes used for as long as i can remember) but i wont be using it anymore.. sorry MK!
UPDATE: i gave this another try and it wasnt as bad as i remembered. i got a new tube. it still clumps on the brush and around the opening an the tube but not so much on my eyelashes. GREAT at lengthening but its very easy to get this clumpy so be careful!

on 7/12/2011 1:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my favorite mascara. It makes my lashes fuller, doesn't clump and doesn't flake. I used to use Lancome for years but replaced it with this. Love it!

on 7/5/2011 7:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I purchased this last week at a Mary Kay party after trying it out. What I like the most about it is the formula- it is fairly thin, so it's easy to build from a natural look to a very full lash. I haven't had any problems with clumping, flaking, or running even with weather being in the 90s and humid. Awesome. However, I'm not a huge fan of the brush. Actually, I thought that the cheap, stiff trial mascara wand I used at the party yielded better results. The brush it comes with isn't bad- it doesn't clump- but it's very difficult to get into the inside corners of my lashes without getting bit of mascara on my lid. This could very well be because it's so new and the product tends to collect there for now while in the tube. I'm sure it will get better.
For now, I do really like it. Do I think it's worth $15? Yes. Does that mean that I like paying $15 for mascara? no. Not sure if I'll re-purchase yet. I think that a comparable drugstore mascara is Maybelline's Lash Stilletto, so I may go back to that, since it comes in waterproof and Mary Kay's does not.

on 6/15/2011 3:26:00 PM

Not my favorite. It was just okay for me. I really didn't care for the wand too much. The mascara seemed a little clumpy. Not the best mascara I've ever tried.

I will say, though, that last night I went to a Mary Kay Summer product preview, and I tried their new Lash Love mascara, and I really liked that one! I'm excited for it to come out.

This is the first mascara that I love! I have tried so many mascaras, but this is the first that gave me the look I wanted. This mascara makes my eye lashes extremely long & full, while also not completely uncurling them.

Is the mascara wand supposed to be bent? If not, mine was broken, but it's not a huge deal. I got this for Christmas from my aunt who works for Mary Kay. I didn't use it until around March, though, because I had just bought a new mascara at the time. I think this is a pretty good mascara at giving length and volume, but I noticed that a lot of the product was clumped on one part of the brush, thus making my eyelashes quite clumpier. If I were obsessive compulsive about having neat-looking eye-lashes though, I would not like this. The clumpiness may have been because the mascara was old and dried out by the time I used it, but I'm not sure how old it is. They should have expiration dates.

on 4/27/2011 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This does lengthen and volumize well and is quite dark/intense, but for me it usually smudges/leaves darkness under my eyes by the end of the day :(. I have really deep set eyes and long lashes, though, and so it's a common issue for me. I know many who use this mascara and don't have that issue... So perhaps it depends on your eye shape and how much your lashes touch your skin..