October 25, 2014 | 1607 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Ultimate Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by curlyjo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite mascara. It makes my lashes fuller, doesn't clump and doesn't flake. I used to use Lancome for years but replaced it with this. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by ontheglam

I purchased this last week at a Mary Kay party after trying it out. What I like the most about it is the formula- it is fairly thin, so it's easy to build from a natural look to a very full lash. I haven't had any problems with clumping, flaking, or running even with weather being in the 90s and humid. Awesome. However, I'm not a huge fan of the brush. Actually, I thought that the cheap, stiff trial mascara wand I used at the party yielded better results. The brush it comes with isn't bad- it doesn't clump- but it's very difficult to get into the inside corners of my lashes without getting bit of mascara on my lid. This could very well be because it's so new and the product tends to collect there for now while in the tube. I'm sure it will get better.
For now, I do really like it. Do I think it's worth $15? Yes. Does that mean that I like paying $15 for mascara? no. Not sure if I'll re-purchase yet. I think that a comparable drugstore mascara is Maybelline's Lash Stilletto, so I may go back to that, since it comes in waterproof and Mary Kay's does not.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by sharizzle

Not my favorite. It was just okay for me. I really didn't care for the wand too much. The mascara seemed a little clumpy. Not the best mascara I've ever tried.

I will say, though, that last night I went to a Mary Kay Summer product preview, and I tried their new Lash Love mascara, and I really liked that one! I'm excited for it to come out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by ashleysevenfold

This is the first mascara that I love! I have tried so many mascaras, but this is the first that gave me the look I wanted. This mascara makes my eye lashes extremely long & full, while also not completely uncurling them.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by ithinkuracontra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Is the mascara wand supposed to be bent? If not, mine was broken, but it's not a huge deal. I got this for Christmas from my aunt who works for Mary Kay. I didn't use it until around March, though, because I had just bought a new mascara at the time. I think this is a pretty good mascara at giving length and volume, but I noticed that a lot of the product was clumped on one part of the brush, thus making my eyelashes quite clumpier. If I were obsessive compulsive about having neat-looking eye-lashes though, I would not like this. The clumpiness may have been because the mascara was old and dried out by the time I used it, but I'm not sure how old it is. They should have expiration dates.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by jbwoodward

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This does lengthen and volumize well and is quite dark/intense, but for me it usually smudges/leaves darkness under my eyes by the end of the day :(. I have really deep set eyes and long lashes, though, and so it's a common issue for me. I know many who use this mascara and don't have that issue... So perhaps it depends on your eye shape and how much your lashes touch your skin..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by clawsmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to love this product when I was in college. I remember it coming in a silver tube, though. I wonder if they've changed the formula too, because I got some for Christmas and it seemed different. Mostly because it does not want to come off at the end of the day! Sometimes it takes several times to get it off, and I swear it's making the dark circles under my eyes darker. Other than that issue, it still looks good when I put it on. I gave it a 4 because I used to think it was perfect until I started having the removal issue.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I strayed away from my usual Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara since they stopped making brown and decided to try this. It really irritated my eyes. I have ocular rosacea so I do have to be careful what I use and this one was a FAIL!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by adon126

I love love love this product. It makes my lashes look really full, and it stays on nicely all day. The only thing I dislike is having to order it through a consultant, but other than that I love it! It's my HG of mascaras. Highly recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by larocca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mascara. I love the consistency and it makes my eyelashes look amazing!