September 3, 2014 | 970 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe Pearl - Da Bling

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

DA BLING (Shade description: Bright pink with gold reflects) the "gold" isnt something that really shows though but it does give the pink a warmth.

the color in the pan is actually very close to what you get when you apply it on the lid, but a base deff helps.
this has been my fav pink until i discovered Sunset B. a Frosty clean mid-tone pink (frost) from the new Hollywood Starflash collection a limited addtion.
compared to Da Bling its a much cooler shade and has a WAY better pay-off and feels alot smoother and easier to work with.

(these two colors can act as replacments for each other) if you like "barbie" pink!

@if you had to pick a single pink shade id recommend SunsetB as its more pigmented and basically doesnt need a base to stay true to its pan color. un like Da Bling.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by bmorelikebre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't be fooled by the look in the pan. It's very sheer and soft... which isn't a bad thing but just don't expect any WOW factor out of this color. I like the finish a lot. I pulled it off with Swimming ( a soft green color)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirlLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

my second favorite MAC shade to pink venus.
it almost reminds me exactly of pink venus only the texture is a little different.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2008 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Zoffe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The eyeshadow goes on smooth and the texture is nice but it's just not the right pink for me. I really wanted to love it but it's too pale to look good on me, I guess.
But... If the color works for you it's a great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by sofabean

I love this pink because it's not too dark and not too light. Initially, I bought sushi flower, but I returned it for this color. This pink is very neutral, but not bare at all. It's noticeable and very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Seary_Fairy

My very first MAC eyeshadow. A true bright girly pink with a great texture (verluxe pearl, my fave!). Gives a beautiful pearly sheen when applied over a base. As other reviewers have said, Da Bling appears much deeper in the pan than on the lid. When I first saw it I was wondering if it might be a little toooo bright for me to pull off, but it's actually quite wearable. I like wearing it with browns to neutralize it a little and with purples for a more 'fun' look. That said, I don't wear it often enough to warrant a repurchase, I'll have this one forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by lasoltera

Love it, very nice layered on Pink Couture shadestick, I am a NC 25 with brown eyes(which pops with pink)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by heatherparis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this, looks great with Bang on blue or any blue shade to me. Only thing is, you have to kind of layer it to get the color to really pop. It's sheer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2007 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Ambien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's a bright girly pink, quite sheer so you have to apply a couple of layers. Not really my color, I prefer my pinks a little less "bubblegum-y".

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2007 11:34:00 PM More reviews by daisy888

I recently had my make up done at a MAC counter and asked for colours that would look natural, but still make my tired looking skin brighter. She used this shade on the crease with seedy pearl on the lid and it instantly made me look more awake! Love it! If i want more definition I use a shimmery brown on the outer corners. And i must add, I generally cannot wear too many pinks on my light olive skin without looking hung over, but this one looks pretty! Colour as already described by others, and i was pleasantly surprised that this e/s didn't look near as hot pink on as it does in the pan.