April 24, 2014 | 2001 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by beckyrocco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this!!!!!!!
Have been using for three weeks and my skin has never looked so good!fist off used it alone and in the past week with a clarasonic it truly is a great product wish i tried it years ago!even though a lot of people don't like the packaging it is fine as long as clean fingers go in into the pot! Oh I always remove make up before using this product,don't like the idea of massaging make up all over face,but that's just me might work but have never tried it. Look forward to trying other products in their range!!!!give it a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by RoseB85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used many cleansers over the years, but I always return to Eve Lom.

I have sensitive, acne prone skin and I find that the less products I use, the better my skin looks.I use this morning and night, and only add moisturiser in the morning (as a base for makeup). Unlike other cleansers this one cleanses deeply enough to prevent me breaking out, but it is gentle enough not to irritate my skin. I love the ritual aspect of this cleanser too.

It is certainly very expensive, but a little goes a long way, and I save money because I do not have to buy separate products to remove makeup, cleanse, tone and exfoliate as this does all of those things.

This is my HG cleanser and I would not be without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by cdputman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I felt compelled to write to express my disgust with this product. Yes, disgust. I am a person devoted to a skincare routine, and am always looking for the "it" product to add to my regimen. Not because i NEED to add to it, but because I love to care for my skin. Its relaxing, and it can be rewarding.

This cleanser may work for some. I think the muslin cloth is a joke. First of all, it retains heat for a microsecond, and even in scalding water, when applied to the face, is luke warm at best. So its like having a lukewarm tissue on your face. Stupid.

It makes me BREAK OUT. Im talking cystic, boner acne. Week before my office Christmas party and I look like I have leprosy of the chin. NO BUENO. So, if you are at all prone to adult onset acne, boner zits, or have even slightly picky skin (and a picky wallet) please do yourself a favor and ignore the hype. I am back to my PTR glycolic, and Happy Joy Joy, Proactiv, while I cure this little stint's legacy.

ABORT. Eve Lom sucks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used balm/oil cleansers in the past. As I age and my skin gets drier, I find that an emollient cleanser is the ONLY product I can use once the weather gets cold and the heat comes on. Even during the summer I now have to use a cleansing milk that, in the old days, would be used only during the winter with a cleanser for normal to oily plus toner would be needed for the spring and summer months.

Welcome to the wonderful world of getting old.

With all that said, this product is a gift to dry skin. I use a full coverage foundation (Kat Von D's) because it's the perfect color match. I also do a full face every day because I love wearing makeup. A 1/4 tsp of this product does my entire face AND neck and removes ALL my makeup plus leaves it smooth, soft and moist. No toner needed, just my evening serum and moisturizer. Amazing. I only use it at night (as per the instructions), I do the whole facial massage thing and I love it. Purchase it when 20% off of the MANY sites that sell it plus get free shipping and know that the full size jar will last you a year. Great deal.

The scent, btw, does not bother me. I find it comforting. I do have sensitive skin and there is no issue with using it. As for mineral oil... it's not all bad to/for all people. See if you can score a sample before buying else make sure the store you do purchase it from has a no-hassle return policy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ellen2601

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've bought this cleanser after reading "The Goddess Guide" (a book full of tips about all sorts of things). I kind of like the herbal smell and the texture. It does clean perfectly and even gets rid of all waterproof make-up and mascara. That said, if I do not continue using my regular skincare regime, I tend to break out. Which, obviously, isn't what I want, and the instructions state you don't have to use anything else. Also the product is really expensive, though it does seem to last forever, but even then. Especially since it doesn't allow me to save on other cleansers (see before). I'll finish the one I have, but I don't think I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by fikins123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this cleanser! Use this in the evening, perfect was to clean and relax before bed!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by nb55

THIS REVIEW IS FOR A SAMPLE
I have combination, sensitive skin and I got an Eve Lom cleanser sample from Nordstrom.com. I followed the instructions to the letter and I was amazed- my skin was perfectly calm and moisturized. I was so pleased, until around 20 minutes later I had a throbbing sensation along my jaw line and my forehead. I had a line of really deep cystic acne coming in. Other reviews seem to suggest that those who have a negative reaction are "using it wrong" but it seems to be that some skin types just can't take it. The same thing happened to me with Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, it was an almost instantaneous irruption. I wish I had done a patch test.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know this is a cult favourite, allegedly, so I was very happy when I was finally given a sample. I didn't read the ingredients before popping it onto my skin, which is sensitive, and that was a stupid thing to do. This made it itch, burn and turn hot and red almost instantly. I could not get it off fast enough. So what's in it? Mainly mineral oil, in petrolatum form (aka Vaseline) and lanolin, which is what bothered my skin and is notorious as a pore-blocker. If this stuff works for you, well you can probably use about anything on your skin, so why waste money on this? Try some Vaseline with the nice white muslin cloths and you may find you get the same result.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So annoying when incredible products get bad reviews - often because people aren't using it correctly!!
Found this cleanser while reading a beauty book where it was tested and voted the best. This was years ago and I have bought it ever since. It's pricey, yes, but it lasts a long time. Each pot last me just over half a year. And I don't use it every single day too. Sometimes I'm in a rush or jus prefer to splash water on my face, but if I go too long without it I notice the difference in my skin.

It' best to use after a shower as the steam will have moistened your skin. Apply the balm to dry skin and rub in - for some reason I get a thrill when the balm turns white while I'm rubbing it in. Do this for a good half a minute - I'm sure this massaging effect is good for skin health too. Then run a hot tap of water and soak the cloth. The water should very slightly burn your fingers. Quickly squeeze the water and apply to the face immediately. F you find that it is still too cool before it hits your face then fold the cloth in half, but it may not cover the whole of your face this way. When the cloth is on, breath in and out. Do this 3x. Then soak the cloth again and start to rub in circular motions every bit of your face. Do NOT fold the cloth while you are doing this! When you're done, slather the cloth over the face to grab any extra skin cells and rinse the cloth in cold water. Squeeze, then apply the cold cloth to your face once. Done.

Whenever I se tis cleanser my face is bright, SO clean, SO smooth and just radiant. I always follow up with a combo of Clinique ddml and aloe Vera gel. Perfection. You must use the actual cloths too. My crazy housemate stole mine and I bought a cheaper cloth and it wasn't the same.

I don't care if there are similar alternatives. Tis cleanser s amazing and I hope it's around forever!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by anarchotics

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm giving this cleanser 2 lippies, even though it works perfectly FINE.

Not 'good', you understand. Fine. It's capable of removing my sunblock, concealer, eyeshadow and eyeliner all at once, which is nice.

It has a balmy consistency, kind of like Egyptian Magic Cream. Once you spread it over your skin, it heats up and 'melts' a little, which is also nice.

This is, in all aspects, a reasonably nice product. However, I do have a bone to pick with it. EIGHTY DOLLARS. THIS COST ME EIGHTY BLOODY DOLLARS. For something that I paid eighty dollars for, I expected it to work much, much better, and to do much, much more.

Eve Lom Cleanser is like the nice girl in school who lends you worksheets to photocopy when you have lost yours. She occasionally shares her fruit that she packs for lunch with you. However, you and her have no chemistry, She is nothing compared to your best friend, Retin-A, who makes you cry, and laugh, and who you fight with, but ultimately love dearly because she has helped you so much.

This cleanser didn't help my skin very much. It was alright, and it made my skin softer, although not amazingly so.

One last thing. Why, WHY, is the first ingredient MINERAL OIL? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE mineral oil for my face. Having incredibly sensitive skin, I need an inert substance to seal in the moisture and prevent me from flaking. However, for the PRICE of this cleanser, the usage of an EXTREMELY CHEAP substance like mineral oil is not justified. If let's say, Neutrogena or Pond's (which I love to death) uses mineral oil in their products, no, I wouldn't complain at all, because it is priced reasonably for the ingredients that it uses.

But, Eve Lom is SO freaking expensive, and at this price I expect the ingredients to be of high quality, like mermaid tears or unicorn semen!

I much prefer Pond's Cold Cream (old formula) to this. Cheap, and works just as well.

22 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No