September 23, 2014 | 1827 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by kalliope

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

If my skin weren't so sensitive, I think I would be a cult follower of this cleanser. Unfortunately, my skin doesn't like strong concentrations of essential oils. Either the clove or camphor, probably, stings my skin and makes it very red. I had to wash off the cleanser afterwards to stop the stinging, which defeats the purpose of this sort of cleansing.

I adore the herbal-medicinal scent, and love the concept of oil/balm cleansers. I do find they help to clean out my clogged pores better than most foaming cleansers.

I purchased the try-me kit with the two tiny pots, 1 muslin cloth, two other creams (haven't bothered to try), and the instructions for the facial and lymphatic massage.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sofiathegreatest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I don't dislike this product and i do think eve lom are quality products at an affordable price, having said this - i wish they made the smell a little bit more bearable, i really struggle to use it every day due to the horrible stink it has and jump to my Emma Hardie cleanser instead. Having said this, it cleans the skin quite well - definitely better than mousses/face gels. I still use a diff. make up remover for my eyes as it leaves panda eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by aimee1ash

I love this cleanser and would never use anything else now. i have in the past used liz earle (which is do like), clarins, guerlain, simple, ysl, origins and many more.
I love the muslin cloth and its really not that time consuming at all. u dont need an additional exfoliater or toner. my skin always feel really clean after.
i hang my muslin cloth on the radiatior and use them for 2-3 days before washing.
it doesnt irritate my skin and removes all traces of makeup and eye makeup.
Yes its expensive but is well worth it!!
I have combination skin, this doesnt dry my skin out all or cause any breakouts.
Love it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Wongsauling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm not a big fan of this cleanser. Personally don't like the smell and don't like the ideal of using the muslin cloth, it's time consuming and I don't feel like it is working anything for me. I prefer using a simple gel cleanser instead

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

My review is based only on a 2 time experience after being given an Eve Lom sample and the muslin cloth. Combo dry skin, 33 years old, Asian woman. My skin loved this cleanser or maybe just the exfoliation of the cloth, it is hard to say. But I CAN say after doing the full ritual, my skin felt super soft, cleansed, and supple. It felt amazingly clean yet not dry whatsoever, which is amazing. I also had no teeny whiteheads which tends to happen after I use a mineral-oil based cleanser even one time (like Ponds, for ex), so maybe this oil is higher quality or the ingredients just work together better. Either way, while my skin loved it, my wallet would not. The fragrance is noticeable but I actually love those medicinal, eucalyptus type smells (v similar to Caudalie Beauty Elixir). Happy to experience it as a sample but would not spend that much money on just a cleanser I would need to rebuy. I get similar effects from my Mia and Cetaphil.

EDIT 3/1/13 - took off 2 lippies. After just 4 cleanses, I developed 4 blemishes on my chin and forehead. This was the only new product so I can only imagine the oils were the culprit since I rarely breakout gratefully.. Too bad. It was really effective as a moisturizing cleanser! Just not willing to endure breakouts for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by carathimos

Beautiful product. I have oily/combination skin. I find my face is an oil slick my the end of the day but since using this product it has calmed it down a lot! My skin feels a lot smoother and balanced. It doesnt dry your skin out like other cleansers and the cloth is lovely and exfoliating. Love this and will definitely buy it again - never loved a product this much!...now to find a good eye cream and moisturiser i love...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by keliw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very dry and very sensitive skin - almost anything can set my skin on fire. Eve Lom's cleanser is one of the few things I have found that for some reason does not make skin care painful.
I travel, a lot, and my tub of Eve Lom cleanser always comes with me. After a long plane ride, it revives my skin and it has worked for me no matter what the environment - from foggy London to super dry Riyadh to all types of weather in between.
I like both the ritual and the end result - moist, clear, and radiant skin. I still need to use a moisturizer in most climates (except the most humid and warm places) but have not found Eve's moisturizer to do the trick. So, I complement the cleanser with my favourite Khiel's moisturizers.
I find both the scent and the texture pleasant.
I wish other reviewers would recognize that just because a product does not work for them does not mean it is a terrible product, stick to noting what did and did not work and why.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Beautylush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Eve Lom's cleanser for years and I love it. It is now part of my evening ritual.

I have normal skin which tends to be a bit dry in winter,nespecially around my nose.

This cleanser leaves my skin super soft and makeup / dirt free. Even waterproof makeup (including mascara!) is no match for it!

I love the smell and the texture which is like a think honey with a bit of grain in it. Sounds unpleasant but isn't at all. I don't need to exfoliate anymore, thanks to this and to using the washcloths.

The big drawbacks are the steep price and the packaging is somewhat unhygienic and bulky (I get the large tub size).

I get a lot of compliments on my skin and rarely suffer from blackheads or pimples now. This is definitely my HG cleanser!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

PROS
Makes my skin feel soft (like a babies bottom)
Does not make my combination skin oiler
Helps ease out blackhead gunk
I can use it as a treatment mask
Gets rid of all makeup
Doesn't make me cry so I use it on my eye area
Moisturizes my skin

CONS
The unhygienic tub. Seen the film Contagion anyone?
The big clunky tub.
The price- its just bad in rip off Ireland
Too hard work for the morning sorry Eve ( There is an ineffective morning version in a tube nowadays).
Has mineral oil in it- which apparently can assist with pore congestion for certain people

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by chessablue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Even after several pots, I just love this and the results. I only wish it were quicker to use and that it came in a pump or squeeze tube - it's not too thick for that.

I run my tap as hot as it goes while massaging in the cleanser, usually at night to remove makeup. I steam with the hot towel at least 4 or 5 times and then scrub away makeup and dry skin. It never dries out or irritates my sensitive skin and really helps to reduce blackheads. And it's really relaxing right before bed.