September 19, 2014 | 1832 users online

Scrubs - Kiehl's - Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Rylko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST SCRUB EVER! It makes my skin feel super smooth and less bumpy. Visible results after I used it for the first time. It does not dry out my face, maybe because I have oily skin. I can use it about 3 to 4 times a week and it's good! But, this stuff is so expensive! I have stopped using it for a while now because I can't afford it and my face is back to being bumpy. Will definitely have to get this back again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by anneh08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great! I only need to use it once a week and i absolutely adore the extremely fine particles. you can't even see them when you squeeze the product out! But they do an amazing job! My skin is freakishly smooth and soft after i use this. And it is true that you can control the harshness/gentleness of this product by simply applying a bit more pressure. Leaving it on for too long or scrubbing for more than thirty seconds will leave the skin feeling quite irritated! I do love this..especially paired with my dermalogica cream exfoliant the next day..the two together makes my skin luxuriously smooth and soft for the rest of the week.

update: still loving this. not sure i'll repurchase though cause it's quite expensive. it's more of a "treatment" scrub than a daily scrub for me personally. i use it at most once every three weeks and my moisturizers sink in well after that and my skin is noticeably smoother. however not worth the amount i have to pay..it was something between 50-80 dollars canadian. bought it a while ago so i forgot..but it really is a good product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by BumbumHead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A great scrub!
I've tried a real crystal microdermabrasion session before and this scrub was quite similar. It recommends to scrub for 30seconds to a max of 2 mins but sometimes I can't even last 30 seconds.

Skin feels really soft after use. I usually follow up with the midnight recovery oil or the line reducing concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Jessma3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first review but I am compelled to talk about this product since I really do love it.

I already have good skin to being with (knock on wood) and it's pretty soft. The first time I used this I wasn't all that impressed, I guess I was expecting some sort of miracle, but the second time around... wow. (BTW, you are supposed to use it once to twice a week, no more)

So my chin is a bit rough (due to my bf's scruff, he should shave right?) so that was my reference point. After 2 uses (in one week) it's gotten super smooth!! Back to how it was I guess. I felt no burning or anything, I scrubbed (soft to medium) the way they said to do it on the bottle and I did so for about the 30 seconds they suggested.

Since my skin is rather clear, smooth and pretty uniform, I can't say anything else except it leaves your skin super soft, but I guess this depends on how your skin is to begin with.

I use a cheap facial cleanser on my face and neck, then use the micro-dermabrasion, then I hop in the shower, use my body scrub from Kiehls (though I'm not as impressed by it, it's bigger granules, maybe I need to give it more time) and then use the Kiehls clay toner and then wtv moisturizer I have on hand.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by suzata

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after reading many favorable reviews here on MUA. Unfortunately, this wasn't worth the money for me. It is quite scrubby, so points for that, but something in it burns my sensitive skin upon contact. For exfoliation, this doesn't work any better than an aspirin mask or baking soda for me. Bottom line: This is a very pricey product that I wish I hadn't purchased.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

This is a fantastic scrub but I have a problem with it. I got a sample size of this and was able to get 5 uses out of it. The scrub particles are very tiny but wow, they pack a punch. I would recommend you follow the instructions and not exfoliate for more than the said time because this is powerful. For example, I could only stand about 30 seconds of this before I could rinse but I do have sensititve skin to begin with. The scrub has a very subtle clean scent that anyone can handle with is a big plus! After rinsing, my skin felt so soft and smooth like I just had a facial!!!! Plus, it left my skin properly hydrated and I didn't even need to put on moisturizer after and that is just amazing. However, sad to say, I developed big red pimples here and there from this. I only used it every 3 days but everytime, a new pimple would appear. I looked up the ingredients and found that they put shea butter in this. I can't do shea butter on my face from my previous experiences with it. But, too bad, If this didn't have that in it, it would be HG. In fact, I even thought about still using this and dealing with the pimples because I love this scrub so much :(. So, two lippies off for 1. price (full size is 2.5 fl. oz) is $40.00 US and 2. Broke out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to wait a few weeks before reviewing it, especially since I didn't use it as often at first.

The scrub feels slightly harsh if kept on the face/rubbed on the face too long. I've been trying to use it once or twice a week, my skin generally "looks" okay but it's quite bumpy from my under-the-skin breakouts, especially around my chin area. This scrub keeps my chin-area bump-free for a few days, usually that is my cue to use it again. I'm not going to say I hope it makes the bumps go away forever, no product can work miracles.

Normally, I like to apply a hydrating mask after using this but I noticed that the effects aren't different even when I don't. As long as I wash it off well, tone and apply moisturizer, my skin is happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Leemarvin

LOVE! Am using this product in with the Powerful Strength Line Reducing concentrate and my skin feels terrific. Really smooth, not drying at all. It's taking all my willpower not to use this everyday!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I've only tried a sample of this, but I may purchase the full size if my skin improves after using this...got a decent sized sample from the Kiehl's counter, and after using this in the shower, my skin really feels like a baby's butt. Soft as ever--and the large pores on my cheeks/nose area have diminished. I started breaking out a bit a few weeks ago, so I'm hoping this exfoliator helps prevent further breakouts--it seems to do a good job of sloughing off the dead skin that can clog pores, so we'll see. Will update with another review when I see how it goes...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great scrub to renew your skin. The texture of the scrub is fine but does a perfect job at removing dead skin. It made my skin feel smooth and had a brighter look to it. I also used it on my hands and arms for summer time. My husband liked it too for helping him to have a better shave. I did notice that you only need a little for your whole face. Loved this product.