Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One! Organic Lip Balm - Naked

4.5

Not tested on animals

Jojoba Seed Oil*, Avocado Oil", Beeswax", Hemp Seed Oil", tocopherol (*Certified Organic).

on 4/8/2010 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I ordered two organic fragrance free lip balms online: Dr Bronner and Badger Lip Balm. And they're both equally fantastic! I've been in a desperate need of a natural alternative to Vaseline, which I still use for its excellent water-binding properties, but I need something that's thoroughly hydrating. Dr Bronner's Naked Lip Balm leaves my lips soft and moisturized without waxy or sticky residue. It truly is odorless and tasteless, and I just love the simple ingredient list. And I only paid $2.70 for it! Now, if I could only find a decent, preferably as natural as possible, fragrance free lip balm with SPF 15 or greater...

Ingredients: Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Beeswax*, Hemp Seed Oil*, Tocopherol

*Certified Organic

on 4/6/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This lip balm is great, especially considering it's all natural and organic. I find that it lasts relatively long on my lips (approximately 3 to 4 hours without eating), which is a lot to say for a lip balm, particularly an all natural one. I happen to own Naked, Lemon-Lime, and Peppermint. I like this one and Lemon-Lime the most out of the three because they truly do moisturize without feeling to thick, sticky or slippery on my lips (Peppermint is also moisturizing, but I find I have to apply more to get the same feeling of coverage as the others... although the tingly mint feel is great and makes my lips feel fuller). They leave a soft, barely shiny finish for lips that look moisturized, NOT wet or glossy. When I wear a balm, I don't intend on looking like I have product on my lips, so this is great. I also love how it does not dry and become sticky once it starts to wear away, like I've experienced with other balms... it just sort of fades inconspicuously, leaving my lips soft, and I reapply as I see necessary. Naked is colorless, tasteless and odorless, a plus for those who appreciate that sort of thing. It might be a few pennies more expensive than your average lip balm, but for the organic quality and the job it does, it's way worth the money. The company's corporate and environmental ethics are also a plus. I will definitely buy again when I run out.

on 4/6/2010 2:11:00 AM

Not just any balm works to keep my lips soft and moisturized, so I'm glad I found Dr. Bronner's b/c it just may be HG status. It's inexpensive, all natural, portable, and a great base for lipstick/lip gloss. I have the Naked and Lemon Lime varieties, but I prefer the Lemon Lime. The Naked one smells/tastes like olive oil, which isn't bad, but I prefer the subtle fruitiness of Lemon Lime. Otherwise, this balm is pretty fantastic - my lips feel soft and plump, and I don't have to constantly reapply to maintain this feeling. I would buy this again (but in the Lemon Lime flavor).

on 3/18/2010 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This formula doesn't provide much moisture, so I had to retire it during the winter season. Also, the stick is very hard, so it's hard to get enough of it on your lips. I wouldn't buy this again.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I like this lip product. Very basic. Effective lip balm. Cheap. I like that it contains no nasties. I apply a couple of times throughout the day and every evening. Keeps my lips moisturised.

on 11/15/2009 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A very nice simple basic lip balm. I like the convenience of a twist up applicator.

PROS: (1) applies smooth giving lips a protective barrier of moisture. (2) There is no detectable scent! (3) very inexpensive for a natural product! (4) allows my more drying lip sticks to apply on smoothly.

CONS (1) Does not deeply moisturize- not appropriate for winter. (2) Does not appear to reduce lines on my lips or make them appear smoother in any way while it is on.

Very nice product over all, but definitely more ideal for Summer. I will repurchase when Summer comes, but I need something a little more heavy duty than this basic one. It reminds me of Burts Bees beeswax lip balms. If you like those, you will also like these.
Happy Shopping!

on 10/14/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is another mainstay in my collection of regularly-used skincare products; I've been using it for about 4 years. It feels smooth when you put it on, lasts all day long, and doesn't irritate my lips.

I prefer the 'Naked' (unscented) but my boyfriend loves 'Orange Ginger.'

on 9/14/2009 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This balm's not too sticky, it's moisturising, cheap, organic and the twist up stick is portable and easy to use. It doesn't completely absorb (not quickly anyway), but it does penetrate to soothe my dry, chapped lips. I know this is meant to be unscented, but it smells like extra virgin olive oil to me so I'm not as keen on it as with the lemon-lime version.

on 8/30/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This lip balm is pretty much perfection!

Moisturizing, quality, minimal ingredients, very reasonable price ($2.03 at vitacost.com), unscented, and did I say moisturizing??!! It truly is :)
So many lip balms cost 2-3x the price of this, and just sit on your lips and pretty much just get eaten / licked off. This actually sinks in and does the job!

on 5/21/2009 9:53:00 PM

What a nice find! Great natural organic ingredients, goes on smoothly, not waxy or sticky. I bought one at first and I love it so much, I went back to Target got another one in different flavor.

Popular Lip Treatments