November 28, 2014 | 1913 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2011 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by l1nd53y

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use as a lip tint. Color-wise, it's great and lasts, but it does this weird thing where shortly after I've applied it, this strange pink mucous develops inside my mouth and collects at the corners of my lips. Gross, no thanks. Afraid to use it as a cheek stain, as a few people have said it clogs pores and I'm already prone to that.

Uh, also, not that you should be tasting it, but if you happen to accidentally get a taste, it tastes like a chemical. Not yummy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by PatriciaF31

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gives a hint of color on my lips and cheeks. Good for those days when I am feeling under the weather and need a touch of color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by RachelNEpperly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Stays on till you wash it off. Good for a no makeup day just to make my super fair skin look alive. Lasts forever so I think it's a steal!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by breeinoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually really liked this product initially. Gave me a good "blush" and added liveliness even if I hadn't worked out that day. However. A few days after using this product I woke up with red, scaly patches where I had applied it. My skin clearly objected. I tried it a few more times just in case it was a freak reaction to weather or something I ate--but the verdict is my skin does NOT like this tint.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Popelala3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Did some research on how safe its ingredients were and if you Google 'ten reasons why not buy benetint' there is a claim that its ingredients are comedogenic (clogged pores, acne) and one of its ingredients breaks down into a carcinogen (cancer causing) which is a turn off, especially when it is used as a lip stain (every time I use it, I can taste the product as it slightly bleeds into my mouth). One of the comments on makeupalley is right in that it is essentially a more expensive version of a food colouring (which is 10 times cheaper and safer to use).

It is also applies badly in that when used as a cheek stain, it majorly highlights dry spots/ lumps on the cheek which makes it look like rosacea on the face

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by chemyst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always see people talking about a foundation/concealer or mascara as their 'holy grail', or what they'd keep if only allowed one beauty product. Well, this is mine. I am so very pale, and never seem to get enough sleep or sun. Even if I wear nothing else, a bit of this gives me a bit of color and keeps me from looking like death warmed over.
It is tricky to apply. My method: doing one cheek at a time, I quickly make an 'x' on a flat brush,and starting at the apples, quickly dab along the cheekbone and then vigorously blend in a circular motion, ending with a quick brush across the bridge of the nose and forehead, repeating the same routine on the other side. It build nicely, and stays put all day on me. And this color looks like I am just flushed, not fake at all. Seriously amazing like that. I even like faint the rose-scent.
It goes on best over 'wet' elements like primer/BB/moisturizer and not really at all on top of powders, so plan application accordingly. I tend to use this more as a base, and if I am going 'full-face' I layer primer/bb/benetint/high beam orliquid highlighter/foundation powder/powder blush/bronzer for more dramatic effrect.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Mathildish

I never though this would work for me, for some reason. But I tried it on, and I love it! I'll definately repurchase! It gives you the most natural, cute, not over the top flush! Try it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by tanyacoolkid

Overall, I don't think that this product is worth the hype. I used to love the idea of a lip stain/blush that looks and smells like rose petals. But after mutiple swipes, I still couldn't see any difference on my lips. Same thing happened when I applied it on my cheeks. But recently, I've discovered than when you put a tinted lip balm (mine is from Blistex) over Benetint, it actually gives you that "my-lips-but-better" effect. Still, I'm not repurchasing it because of the pricetag :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I use it every day on it's own and under lipsticks that fade quickly. I think it even works under super dark lipsticks- they look great after a bit of fading. The formula is buildable- you can get a subtle rosey colour or a full on pinkish red.

The formula is super drying though and I have to use some lip moisturiser after using it, or I'll get itchy and uncomfortable lips. I never use it on my cheeks.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Jenalearnsmakeup

I just didn't really feel like it did anything special for me. I love the idea of the nail brush but it ended up just making my life difficult. Not impressed :(