November 21, 2014 | 1641 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Sonia Kashuk - Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by kitnoea1

After reading all of the reviews on MUA, I went out and bought this today. Put it on as soon as I got home and although it's too soon to tell, I can say that I've never been so excited and happy about a product on the first try. One pump is enough to cover my face and neck, and it does a really good job of hiding the imperfections that my powder alone couldn't. I'm really happy to have found out about this product because I've been wanting to try the liquid makeup route, but thought that a product combining color, moisture, SPF and a good price didn't exist. I'm glad I don't have to compromise any of these with this product. I'll update if anything changes from this initial review, but seriously -- so far so good! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by itzjuzKT

I LOVE this TM!!!! It goes on so light on your skin allowing your skin to breath while giving a light-moderate coverage, on days when I have "good skin" I only need to use this and head out the door, blot my skin after couple hours and I'm set for the day. I love the pump on this TM, the price is reasonable since I've paid $40 for some high ends TM and it doesn't deliver as well as this one. I got shade in 02 which is for medium skin and it blends in perfectly. Overall, GREAT product and I will repurchase this for years and years to come!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by chilipepper12390

I got this after reading the good reviews on MUA and i glad i got this.

I wanted a TM that was light and did NOT have a masky feel, and provided decent coverage. I was surprised that the coverage of this TM is more than some others, not quite as sheer as youd think. However this is fine for me as it covers up redness on my cheeks. You will still need a concealer for those problem areas.

I live in Humid hot southern Florida, and i was surprised that this TM stood the test. I have oily skin and i had a slight bit of greasies toward the end of the day but this was minimal. I would recommende this to others, however it has oils in it, Emu and Castor , and if your are a teenager with acne or someone very sensitive to oils you may want to test it out first. But Remember oils arent always a bad thing. I have been wearing this a week and have had no breakouts. GIVE THIS A TRY!

EDIT: Its been about 6-7 months since i bought this and still no breakouts...i just wanted to add that this DOES give you a lovely dewey*almost* golden sheen to your skin. Not unnatural just georgeous. YOu can even see the visible streaks of gold in the bottle. Dont get turned off by this..its not REALLY goldon your skin, this just helps to add to the glowing look it gives you. Once angain. Amazing staying power and coverage for a TM, especially an inexpensive one.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by MERP

*EDIT*--It is true that the pump is a little hard to control. I wrapped a couple rubber bands around the pump and this slows down the dispensing nicely. Not pretty, but oh well. I've been using this for a couple weeks and am still in love! Enjoy!

Original review:
Thank you Makeup Alley for providing a place to do research before you buy! I still needed a tinted moisturizer after my ill-fated uncharacteristic impulse-purchase of the expensive Olay Definity tinted moisturizer (too shimmery!!!), so I researched here and you guys pointed me in the right direction.

This is a great product. I *think* there are only two shades (#1 and #2) despite the fact that my Target display had four product slots (with actual names, not numbers) but only the two numbered shades were present. (An out-of-date display?)

After debating for what must have been 15 minutes on which shade I should get (I must have looked suspicious to the employees) I chose #2 simply because of logic--I don't have "pale" skin and if #1 works for the reviewers with self-described "pale" skin, then I'd go to the next one up. I'm glad I did. It's a shame that there isn't more of a shade selection--hello?!?!

I agree that this tm is a little more foundation than moisturizer, no matter though because if I need a little more slip I just add a drop of my own moisturizer. The coverage is nice, evens out skin tone without feeling made up.

I haven't been using it long enough to gauge whether it will make me break out or get too dry, but given the rave reviews preceding me I doubt it will. I don't have particularly sensitive skin.

I'm eager to try more Sonia Kashuk products! I didn't know the quality was so nice!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by verdant0green

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you're looking for a foundation that gives you light, yet radiant coverage, this is the one for you. I have combo skin, but even though this is a moisturizing foundation, it isn't heavy or oily in the slightest. This is very much "you but better" foundation, as it is light coverage yet evens over your skin tone and gives you a glow (not shiny, not oily, not dewy, just a glow). I use tint #1, which is a nice match for my medium-light asian skin. Since the formula is sheer, blending it to your skin tone isn't an issue. I use this in conjunction with MUFE's full cover concealor to cover any blemishes/problem areas.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jodybrown

After I couldn't get my summer HG Bobbi Brown TM in med., I came to my trusty soulmates at Makeupalley for some good and less expensive alternatives. Tried the WNW, and also the Sonia Kashuk,in shade #2. This wins, and can very comfortably replace the $40 Bobbi Brown version. They seem to be nearly identical, although this one has that nice touch of radiance, and seems to be less oily, which is good for me. I self-tan, and this is a good match. The lighter could work in winter; love my Chanel tient innocence, but saving a few shekels is highly motivating! I use some concealer after applying this (Maybelline age rewind double whatever it's called - I like it), then a light powder and I'm good to go. The WNW sort of baffles me. It really is a great product, but needs to be thinned a bit with moisturizer or something to go on smoothly. And the Sonia Kashuk seems yellower than WNW buff/chamois, which also is good for me. But as time goes by, I'm getting more and more comfortable mixing a little of this, little of that, so all things are possible. Especially if they're cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by cemert

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading reviews from MUA. It is great! Does offer more coverage than usual tinted moisturizers, but makes my skin look wonderful! I consider my skin medium. I bought both colors, but found now that I am using my summer self-tanner the #2 works best. Hopefully the #1 I bought will still be usable this winter when it will probably work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Melaina

I use this more as a foundation. Use my regular moisterizer first and then put this on with a layer of maybelline mineral powder on top. This is the only liquid foundation/TM that hasn't broken my face out. I am very acne prone even at 39 years of age. I have tried every foundation out there I think. I hope they never stop making this, it is my HG foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried a few tinted moisturizers and this is by far the best. It's more like a light foundation, which is perfect for good face days. I still use my usual moisturizer when I wear this, but I skip the sunscreen and heavier foundation. Shade 1 suits my PPP skin perfectly. It absorbs quickly, is easily applied and blended with my fingers and is just generally VERY quick and easy. I love the subtle radiance it gives. It's definitely not shiny or sparkly on me, but is just right. I'm very happy with this product. I've worn it for less than a week and haven't had any more breakouts than usual, so I'm hopeful.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by CynthiaStrange

Wow! Wow! and Wow!! I might be throwing out my liquid foundations after this. I used this in Tint 1 and put some MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation on top and oh my.. flawless and youthful.

It is a keeper.