July 24, 2014 | 1577 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by KungFoPanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I almost finished this product, it removes all my makeup even the stubborn eye makeup easily without rubbing hardly, i will definitely repurchase this product:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by breeze1234

I am LOVING this. I picked up a cleansing balm (didn't even know what this was!) after seeing it recommended by Caroline Hirons. I actually wanted a different brand, but it's not available in the US so got this one instead. My skin has gotten dryer as I've gotten older, but my nose and chin are still blackhead prone. When I first rubbed this all over my dry skin, it felt so oily. I thought "no way". However, I added a little water and it turned into a milky cleanser. It rinsed off SO easily and my skin was really soft. Couldn't believe it. Not sure how it works, but it's great. I wear waterproof liner and mascara and while I'll bet if you wear less than me, this would take it off (I rub this all over my eyes and there is NO burning at all) I still use regular eye makeup remover before cleaning my face to make sure I get it all. Would definitely recommend and I'm not even a big Clinique fan. Maybe I should revisit their other products...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by BoobooClark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have officailly fallen head over heals with this product!!!! I have extremley sensitive skin that breakout so easily to just about everything. It disolves all traces of makeup without striping skin of natural oils. My skin is oily it the t-zone yet very dehydrated all over and thiproduct has not caused my skin to breakout at all. I love the fact that it is fragrance free so it doesnt irritate skin (i really dont see why they need to put fragrance in skincare)

How i use it:
i start by rubbing in the palms of my hands till it turns into an oily texture then massage it all over my face. After that i take some warm water rub it on my face, this turns the cleanser into a white and more milky consistancy. I then take a hot flannel (not too hot though, you dont want to burn your skin!!!) and place it over my face for a few seconds to allow the steam to help break down the cleanser and then i wipe it off. My face feels clean but still hydrated after using this cleanser which i really love !!!!

Pros:
Disolves all makeup and oil
Doesnt strip skin
Easy to use
Lasts 6-9 months depending on if you use it both night and in the morning.

Cons:
Pricey ($55 in australia but i think its cheaper in america)

Packaging:
Fairly bulky but very sturdy (i have dropped it so many times, the lid will dent slightly if dropped but nothing major)

Overall:
This is a great cleanser for all skin types. Although pricey its worth every penny in my opinion. I would DEFFINETLY repurchase. It has helped clear up my acne and redness so much!! Highly reccomend it :) xo

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Annalogy

I've never written a review here before, but I had such an awful reaction to this product that I decided to write a review considering how much praise it gets. I definitely like Clinique as a brand, I really like their moisture surge line and super rescue antioxidant moisturizer, but not this. I have combination skin, t-zone can be more oily in the summer and normal/less oily in the winter. Cheeks/chin are between dry and normal in the winter and my entire face is prone to being dehydrated as a whole rather than just dry. I occassionaly read Caroline Hirons' skincare recommendations, two of which haven't worked out unfortunately, this being one. Via Caroline's blog I decided to give it a go, the concept sounds perfect, a gentle cleanser that won't strip the skin and make it more oily/dry/unbalanced. It definitely helped when I first started using it (I clearly used this as a cleanser rather than makeup remover--I don't wear foundation), but then it gradually got worse. There was another review on here that stuck out to me, this person mentioned that their skin became irritated and dry. First off, it did balance out my skin for a short while, then I started noticing cystic painful acne popping up on my chin area/forehead. I never ever break out, unless it's the occassional whitehead, so that was weird to me and was product related. I thought maybe since I'm under a lot of stress that it was stress, but then my entire face after I'd use the cleanser would start feeling tight and dry and irritated. It wasn't dry in the sense of outright peeling, but it was just weirdly annoyed skin frankly. I had been using the cleanser for 3 weeks at this point and seeing as it was the only new skincare item I had introduced, I switched cleansers (just to the basic CeraVe I had in my bathroom), and boom, after two days my skin was fine. The cystic pimples were still there (now gone thankfully), but that weird burning/irritated/oddness that was there was gone. So I switched over cleansers to the CeraVe, since it's gentle and simple to get my skin normal once more. I'm still looking for something else, but haven't found one yet. It defiitely screwed up my skin though, everything was dehydrated and uncomfortable, so definitely do not recommend. I don't even have ultra sensitive skin, but clearly my skin hated this, which is unfortunate because I like the concept. It is a really good makeup remover though, however I wouldn't apply it anywhere but my eyes, and even there it burns and irritates my eyes. I think it depends on the person as to their reaction, but thought I'd put this out there since the cleanser/makeup remover isn't completely amazing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent make up remover! I can´t understand what took me so long to buy it!
(Maybe it was the price... It costs 35euros)

I am not a big fan of double cleansing, although I use makeup with sunscreen. I just don´t like cleansing oils (I have tried Nuxe bio make up removing oil and Dior cleansing oil), they are messy, leave an residue to my eyes (I wear contact lenses and have sensitive eyes) and they don´t even seem to remove my foundation. This one is different. It´s hard and waxy and easy to use, you just rub it in your face and when you follow with water, it becomes kind of liquid. Some reviewers here say it becomes oily, but I don´t think so. It´s more like cleansing milk.

I have tried this for dry skin (as it says in the packaging) and for damp skin. I think it works better when the skin is a little bit damp (not wet!), because it´s easier to rub and you don´t have to use so much of the product. In my opinion you need quite a big amount to clean your whole face, so considering the high price this one will probably run out quite fast.

This product really removes all my base make up (I use bb-cream (clinique or garnier), mineral foundation (bare minerals), blush (mus), eye brow crayon (chanel), waterproof mascara (lancome or lumene), eye shadow primer (urban decay) and eyeshadow (chanel)). One important thing is that it really removes almost all of my waterproof mascara, which is something that no product ment for the whole face has NEVER EVER earlier done. I usually spend five minutes rubbing my eye make up with different lotions or makeup removers and cotton pad, but this product really takes 95% of my mascara away. Afterwards I just have to wipe my eyes a few times with a cotton pad.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by gemmaj

Best cleanser that ever existed! It's simple: takes all of your makeup of in one go, leaves skin smooth and soft, doesn't strip the skin off. It's just everything I look for in a cleanser. I'm on my third one and my skin looovees it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Silly_Girl

I hate this stuff, it works well to take makeup off but it leaves my combination skin absolutely dehydrated, stripped of all moisture and the longer I used it the worse it got. Try the cleansing milk instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Poli93

My HG cleanser. Read about this on Caroline Hiron's blog and she was raving about this so I knew it had to be good. It's a no-fuff, simple, effective cleanser. Takes ALL my makeup off, you only need the tiniest amount, leaves skin clean, glowing and sooo soft.
At first i thought it was a bit expensive but it lasts ages. I bought mine 3 months ago and its more than half full (I use it every night!).
Doesn't have any nasty ingredients not perfume so perfect for sensitive skin. I have combination skin, prone to oiliness and I find this helps keep a balance.
Love love love it, couldn't reccommend it more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think of this cleansing balm as one of my "reluctant" HGs. You know, products that aren't glamorous, or you don't like the packaging, or cost more than you think they should. This did not appeal to me at first, mostly because I bear an irrational grudge against Clinique for the 3-step system and what it did to my skin years ago. However, they redeemed themselves for me with this, since I evidently cannot go without it.

It comes in a jar, has a weird, thick, waxy consistency, very much like vegetable shortening. It has no smell, which I like, but which does make for sort of a dull cleansing experience. However, I have very difficult, sensitive, dry, and thin skin which is also breakout-prone, and so the wrong cleanser or makeup remover that's too harsh will absolutely trash my skin. On the other hand, if I don't remove every trace of primer, BB cream, sunscreen, fdtn, etc. I will face clogged pores and sometimes bigger pimples. So this is an essential step before my regular cleanser to remove everything first. I just scoop out a little bit with my finger, rub it all over my dry face, and then add a little water to emulsify it and "lift" everything. It soon turns milky, and then I rinse it off, along with all of my makeup, even my eye makeup just melts off.
I follow with Burt's Bees Radiance cleanser and the rest of my routine.

The great thing is that this has caused no reactions on my fussy skin, and it doesn't strip my skin of natural oils either. I do wish it was a little cheaper, but honestly? A great makeup remover is hard to find and I'm willing to fork over the money if it works as well as this does.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Scarlett123

Just seemed to smear my makeup , not take it off. The creamy consistency is nice though.