August 29, 2014 | 1487 users online

Treatments (Face) - Aura Cacia - Apricot Kernel Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used oils for many years, mostly extra light (not virgin) olive oil and avocado - for my face and body. I also have tried sweet almond (hydrating, but not emollient enough), sesame, sunflower, (these two were just not enough for me), etc. I couldn't find an eye cream that didn't irritate my eyes so I was using the olive oil, but it was kind of irritating my sinuses. Based on the reviews here, I decided to try Apricot Kernel and I love it for my eyes. I still use the olive and avocado for my face - and olive oil mixed in my body lotion (20%) - but this has a little more staying power than both the avocado and olive, which is what I want for my undereyes. It's exactly what I was looking for, for my eyes. I use it under my concealer during the day and don't find that's it's too much, but my under eye area is very dry. Love it. I don't like the top for this though, it squirts out too much, so I switched it with a pump I had.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Query

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this best of the pure oils I've tried - DHC's Olive Virgin Oil, jojoba, avocado, and EVOO. It blends into the skin better than the others. I use this alone or add a few drops to another product. I've had no sensitivity or breakouts using this. It's a skincare staple for me.

Tip for any natural oil: The bottles they come in are usually lousy. Try an empty eyedrop bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I have been using this around my eyes during the harsh winter months and am very satisfied with it. More moisturizing than my usual Burt's Repair Serum. Also an excellent all-around body oil. All at a good price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2006 2:46:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

UPDATE: Avocado is even better for my aging skin. Less clogging too.

Fabulous oil. I like this even better than the Almond version. Scent is a light fruity nut that smells delicious. I use it to take off my mu and moisturize my entire body & neck. You just don't need anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2006 12:20:00 AM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After using this fabulous oil, I don't want to go back to using body lotions. This has a light feel and really soaks into the skin, leaving it silky. It smells lightly fruity and nutty and leaves a light sheen. I use it to remove makeup and moisturize face and body skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2006 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ilima

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This makes a great carrier oil to use with EO's. I use it as a massage oil, a skin conditioner, and when I make lip balm at home. It's very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2005 1:13:00 PM More reviews by littlesunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was reading maliastyle's review and relaized I still haven't put one in. And yes... this woman was in her late 40's and not a single wrinkle! This product works well as an eye make-up remover too and I am trying it today as a hot oil treatment. I will let you know how it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 8:03:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

littlesunshine let me in on the secret of a woman she'd met who had not a single line on her face - apricot kernel oil. I've been using this inexpensive, lightly textured oil as my eye treatment, and it's been so lovely. It absorbs quickly (but not quick enough a morning treatment, so I only use it at night), glides on (it is an oil, after all) and leaves your skin feeling silky and smooth. I bought a bottle for $7 at Nutrition House, although they have an enormous bottle for under $20. Due to the fact I'm only using it around my eyes (I couldn't use this on the rest of my face - I'm too oily), the bottle I bought (50 ml, perhaps?) will last me forever. Other uses: Apricot Kernel Oil is apparently wonderful for facial massages, soothes inflammation, and is particularly good for dehydrated, dry skin.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No