April 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just okay not great but not bad either. Reasonably priced and does what it's supposed to do. I have used better shampoos. The texture is also a little weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by CPaola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I just started using it but I anticipate great results .. after only the first use with conditioner my hair is softer and shinier .. my boyfriend is using it as well! It smelled nice, lathered nice, and I especially liked that I could use the conditioner as a leave-in as well! I am on medication that dries my hair out so I can only wash it once a week anyway, so this is great to use!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

***2 lippies for human use - 5 lippies for animal use*** I bought this in hopes of it helping to thicken my hair up and give it some needed protein. The shampoo didn't feel drying, it cleaned my hair without stripping it.. But I had a lot of hair fall after using this product. I used it with the matching conditioner and thought maybe the conditioner wasn't moisturizing enough. I bought the deep moisturizing version of the conditioner and still had a bath tub full of hair.. Yuck. -- I switched to the L'Oreal Everstrong Thickening shamp/condish and after just one use, my hair was back to normal and had minimal hair fall. I would not recommend Mane n Tail for human use.. But it works great on my puppy. She has a healthy, shiny, coat of hair thanks to these products.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by abwarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My mom got the shampoo for my dad after a few colleagues at work told her about its supposed hair growth properties. I decided to try it as well after reading so many glowing reviews.
I have long hair down to my waist, and while I don't particularly have that much hair, the individual strands themselves are very thick. I usually keep 3 different brands of drugstore shampoos (+ respective conditioners) in my bathroom (Head&Shoulders, L'oreal, Dove) which I alternate every few days.
I noticed a dramatic change in my hair texture after using the M&T shampoo. It made my hair coarse, hard to manage, and completely destroyed the glossy shine. I used an intensive repair conditioner after the shampoo, and still got such disappointing results.
My dad has been using this product for around 3 months now, and we have yet to see any substantial results (neither new hair growth, or faster growth speed of existing hairs).
I mentioned the coarseness and lack of shine, which are indications that the hair cuticles are not laying flat, or are damaged. Your hair will feel more voluminous when the cuticles are damaged, but it's not because you are growing new hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by vanvanone

When i first got this shampoo i was super excited to use it and it smelled pretty good. I feel like this stuff really did make my hair grow a little bit! Probably about 2 extra inches? but, after about a school year of use my hair got used to the shampoo and conditioner and it left my hair feeling kinda gross and not so bouncy anymore. I ended up saving about a 1/4 of a bottle of it and i still have it. Everytime i've gone to use it my hair still feels like crap basically.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by JanisM2011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this so much it really seems to be changing how my hair looks and feels. Anyone tried any of their other products? I am thinking of switching to mane and tail permenantley

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeup82

I love this product! I used to have long hair but I recently cut it off and this shampoo along with the conditioner is making my hair grow longer! Just don't use it everyday, because it will cause build up in your hair. I use it every 2-3 days and it's a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by lcarr7uk

since January i have stripped my hair 4 times and i dye it once a month....using mane'n tail my hair has NEVER been in such good condition. my hair used to be limp, fine & took a lot of effort to style and give volume! After using this product for a month and a half (only one bottle of the shampoo&conditioner as they last a while) my hair is thicker, easier to style with its new fuller body & after all the chemical treatments it feels healthier than ever. best thing i ever did was purchase this. i have the original & color protect, both are amazing as eachother & dont have a heavy scent. you can easily find the shampoo&conditioner on ebay just for around £10!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by memzi

This product is great the few times but after a while it does leave a thick layer of residue wich can wiegh your hair down and make it dull and unmanegable thats why i strongly suggest you use a clarifiying shampoo once a week to get rid of the residue

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by fresh1fierce1feminine

Incredible shampoo! My hair averagely grows and inch every 3 months. I have been growing out my previously chin length bob for YEARS and I've only gotten to a little past my collarbone. Ridiculous, I know. I eat very healthy and I exercise tons and drink lots of water, and I've gone to a doctor to make sure theres no abnormalties affecting my hair growth but the bottom line was simply: My hair grows super slow. So after trying many homemade masks, expensive treatments, and trying silly myths to make hair grow faster, I finally gave in and bought this shampoo, (after reading many reviews on it) Of course, I was skeptical about this actually working for faster hair growth but-my mind is BLOWN AWAY! I started to use this and after using it ONCE my hair felt fuller, and 90 % of my split ends and damage had gone away (with using the conditier as well). Then, after about a month of using this-it started growing! Now, since I've bought this in December my hair has grown 5 and a half inches! IN-CRE-DI-BLE! This product gives a very clean finish so only use it 3-4 times a week depending on your activeness. Also, use the conditioner with this as it is very cleansing. Also, as an additional feature to this FABULOUS shampoo & conditioner I deep condition with the Mane n' Tail conditioner once a week, or less depending on my hairs look. Will definitely repurchase :)