L'Occitane Almond - AMANDE Concentre De Lait Milk Concentrate Body Cream - Almond Line

4.3

Aqua/Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protetin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Jaglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Cetearyl Glucoside, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Carbomer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Mannitol, Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sorbic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Xanthan Gum, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Tocopherol, Limonene, Linalool, Coumarin

on 10/20/2009 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE the scent! It does moisturise really well and leave the skin SILKY smooth. But watever, they should stop advertise ''firming'', what is a firming cream exactly anyway, I've spend SO MUCH money on ''firming'' creams that didn't make ANY true difference that I am wondering... my conclusion is that they are there out to bring out our guilt of not been perfect which lead us to spend$$ in order to make us feel a bit better since we believe that we are actually doing something for (I mean against) it. But at the end, they are like placebo, they don't do much for the firming...! I will keep hiting the gym, eat well and stop spending my money on firming creams! As for this cream, I will buy again (not for the firming though... but the scent and effect!) but in the meantime, I am using it sparingly so it will last me a long time!!

on 10/3/2009 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product stands above mainly due to its scent. There is not one person who is not obsessed with the scent. In my opinion this makes a great gift. This is not the best body lotion in the market but I am enjoying it.

My main problem is the packaging. I wish it came with a pump particularly given the size of the jar.

on 8/19/2009 9:12:00 AM

I really love this product. I love the scent. It is sweet and a bit strong but I just love it. I hate that this company continues to try to sell topical cream to firm and smooth skin when that is simply not possible. I really hate that and really struggled over whether or not to even buy this stuff because I don't want to support any company that continues to perpetuate a myth that if a woman just forks over enough money and is diligent enough she will have smooth firm thighs but the scent got me and I had to have the product. I am weak.

I use the Shower oil and the Supple oil as well. Oh and the scrub. Yes, I love the scent. Agree this is WAY overpriced and they should be ashamed (lost a point for greed!) I bought it on serious sale so I was somehow able to justify the purchase. I have decided not to purchase again. I may still buy the Supple oil but I want this company to stop with this "firming" cream stuff so I have to stop buying. Boo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have used this product for years. I love using this on mainly my feet and hands before bedtime when I wake up, they are soft and moisturized. It is a dense, rich cream that leaves your skin scented with almond. To me isnt isnt an overpowering scent.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

First off, this is probably the most $$$ moisturizer I have ever tried, it is $58 (CND). The scent is absolutely delicious, a delicate creamy almond scent. It also moisturizes very nicely since it is so rich and yet light, you can feel why it is expensive. I didn't really get a tighten and tone effect, but maybe with continuous use you would? The packaging also looks awesome on your countertop. This would make a great gift, as I think anyone would really appreciate this since it is an indulgence. I definitely don't think it feasible for me to buy this on a regular basis since it seems to run out pretty fast with regular use.

on 6/18/2009 10:40:00 AM

Does not work. And for $39, there is no excuse why a product shouldn't live up to it's name. Claims to tighten skin, improve firmness, and reduce cellulite. HA. Try daily exfoliation with a washcloth (the Japanese secret to cellulite-free skin) and pure almond oil (six times cheaper and ten times as effective) and you'll have saved yourself out of this waste of a purchase.

on 6/11/2009 2:11:00 PM

I was skeptical about this product when I bought it. But decided to give it a try. As it turns out, this product really works and it smells great! I've been using this every morning for the past two weeks in conjunction with the Almond Supple Oil (which I use at night) and my skin is at its best in years! My skin is super soft and "supple" (as the name of the oil is called). My legs are no longer scaly. No greasy after feel, this cream is absorbed quickly and leaves your skin hydrated all day. My only complaint is the price. I have the 7 oz. jar and I've only been using it for 2 weeks and it's almost empty. But it really is worth your money. I would definitely recommend this over any other expensive lotions.

on 6/9/2009 2:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I found the scent of this overwhelmingly sweet, and almond is one of my favorite scents. It's also not moisturizing enough for me as a body moisturizer. Thankfully I am using a sample, but I wouldn't spend money on this as I would rather get Target/Boots' milk, almond and pistachio body butter for $10 than this, which is just as almond-y without being over the top sweet.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with most of the comments below - good and bad. It is very nice but yes, as mentioned below, way too expensive. It smells heavenly, sinks in nicely, but is too expensive and has no "firming" qualities as it claims - but then, does anything firm as it claims? So I won't hold that against it. I bought this mostly to use as a layering companion for the Amande spray. The scent is heavenly and there's nothing like it. As for the glass jar ... some like it, some don't. I think it's pretty but it is heavy and if I drop it, that will be bad!

on 6/1/2009 7:52:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I give this such a very low rating, because while it is a very good product, it it so expensive for such a small amount, it's ridiculous!!!!

PROS:
Nice texture
Nice scent
Smoothes the skin

CONS:
Average moisturising properties
No firming results (and it is marketed as a firming product)
Tiny amount which makes its price extraordinary!

OVERALL:
While it is a nice body cream, it does not justify its price.