December 21, 2014 | 1086 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by GoldenPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Exactly what I want in a powder. I was afraid of the "matt" term but it is not cakey or pancakey. It looks very natural and sets my foundation perfectly. I tried this alone and I got a little breakout so I won't use this on bare skin anymore. It is very expensive but its Chanel so I expect to pay more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by mo98103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yeah, this stuff is really good. Since Dior changed their Forever compact powder foundation and it didn't suit my needs, I thought I would try Chanel before I dove into the REALLY expensive ($100+)stuff.

I'm a "soft beige" and the color is perfect (NW20), the coverage is medium but natural (I use a brush to apply), it does not settle into lines and it lasts longer than any powder foundation I have ever tried, and I must have tried 30 at least. I only need to blot once a day - practically a miracle.
I will continue to buy this - making it one of only 5 or so powder foundations that I have ever repurchased.

I'm going back to cleaner products, so I would not purchase this again, but it's a fabulous product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by LolaButterflies05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Chanel Double Perfection Compact is a charm. I did not have to keep re-applying this powder compact. You only need a small amount to set your makeup and not look overdone. Even though the powder compact is in a matte format, it does not look to thick or too matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful finish and lasts all day. I apply sunblock, then dust this over my face using an ecotools powder brush. It's wonderful, no caking, great color match and gives decent coverage for uneven spots on my face. When I don't want to wear heavy foundation but still want to look "flawless" I use this and it lasts from 7 AM until I get home around 5 or 6. Haven't had to use it in humid weather yet. Price isn't that great but as a woman of color I don't have many options for high quality makeup lines that perfectly match my skin tone and also perform to my expectations for my skin type, so it is what it is. This replaced my Bobbi Brown powder, as it looked beautiful at first but would later oxidize and melt off through the day because I don't think it was intended to be long wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Remarkable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have never been more disappointed in a Chanel product than I was when I started to use the Chanel Double Perfection Compact. I must admit that I am very fair, I normally wear 10 Beige but the lightest shade of this product is 20 Clair. I really do not see why they do not have this foundation in more shades. Apart from this, I also have to mention that in my opinion, this product is neither good as a powder, nor as a foundation. On its own, it's not enough for the day and it is impossible to build makeup on it. On top of the foundation it is too much.
The packaging and the box is beautiful though, its mirror is the great Chanel quality, so I will just keep having it in my purse for applying my lipstick in the office. But I so regret buying this product and it was quite expensive. Although I received both a sponge and a brush with the product and with using the brush, it is appropriate for minor touch ups on the nose during the day. But if I used it all over on my face, I would just look ridiculous.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Iroman

is this really a powder-foundation?

or only a touch up powder?

I bought in on ioffer.com in 17.00 !!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Michaelangelo22

Expensive, but has lasted me over 4 months with heavy, daily use. covers all my acne and scars but still leaves me looking fresh, luminous and natural. Doesn't break me out either. The only thing that sucks about this product is the price, but it pays for itself after you start wearing it and feel more confident because you look so sexy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by 90046

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff

Pros:
good coverage
blends easily
nice shade selection (for my fair, pink skin)
don't know a better powder foundation out there
luxury item...just sorta makes me feel good

Cons:
shiny black compact shows every fingerprint
not in love w/ their sponge as applicator
$$$$ - $50 as of 2012...pricey for powder foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by wekellyunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful packaging. Helps matify my complexion throughout the day! However I wouldnt use this on clean skin. Best for touchups instead of a base foundation. Also doesnt come in the greatest variety of colors. I have 57 Ivory Beige and its a tad bit darker but nice if i want my face to look a bit warmer but the shade lighter is way too pale. The shades arent quite right! However the quality of the product is awesome especially for someone on the go. Way to expensive but it is chanel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I originally bought this as a touch-up powder to my Perfection Lumiere for several reasons: I get oily later in the day, I obviously can't bring my HG Poudre Universalle Libre with me, and the Poudre Universalle Compacte got hard and crusty after repeated use (see my review on it). However, I may just use this on its own! The powder is buttery smooth; with a light application (as a touch up to my PL) it lends an airbrushed effect, and worn as a foundation on its own my skin looks smooth and satiny, never powdery/cakey. No breakouts, but my skin does feel tight with it on, hence me not really wearing this as a foundation until it gets more into the warmer months. I buff it on lightly with a kabuki as a touch up, and when I want to use it as a foundation I just buff on a bit more and use the sponge on areas I need more coverage. Oil control is stellar, though the real test will be during the summer. The compact is a pretty decent size, but not bulky, and is sturdy. It comes with a decent quality sponge, though I'd still replace it after a while even though I mostly use a kabuki. Highly recommended, but I *did* have to take off a lippy for the exorbitant price (hey, it's Chanel) and also for lacking an exact color match. PL BA34/NC44/Nars Tahoe for reference, I bought this in 120 7.0 Honey-Ultime which is slightly too light, but the next shades up were too dark.

EDIT: Knocked it down another lippy as after a few days of wearing this on its own as a foundation, my skin started breaking out in tiny bumps along my forehead and cheeks. Bummer, since it has such a nice finish. Returning it, but may retry it during the summer and if Chanel releases more shades.