August 28, 2014 | 1745 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:40:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

Just wonderful. I turned 40 fairly recently and it took me a while to notice how dry my skin was getting with regular cleanser, which I'm not sure I'm ever going to go back to. This takes off makeup and dirt, doesn't clog pores (yes, I still have acne at this age) and makes my skin very soft. I've even stopped using Retin-A for the time being because this gives me such a nice glow, and I love that it is natural and not expensive (relatively speaking). It's hard to find a good container, though; the oil can spurt out unexpectedly and stain things to be careful. I use with cotton pads like Swisspers and using on both sides of one usually does the trick to both remove makeup and moisturize, or as a quick refresher in the morning to smooth down any flakes before tinted moisturizer. Great for smoothing hair and cuticles in a pinch too.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by cate1858

I've tried many other oils for the oil cleansing method (coconut, olive, grapeseed, hemp, apricot kernel) and I feel like I have finally found the right one for my skin. I have very dry, sensitive skin and my face is always red. I never had any acne problems but recently I started breaking out around my mouth. I decided to try the OCM one more time with this oil and I mixed it with a tiny bit of tea tree oil and it is SO LOVELY! My zits are going down and my face feels calm for the first time in a while. I only use the oil to wash my face and then I use a moisturizer with shea butter in it afterwards but I'm hoping to be able to just use the oil after a couple of weeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

Ive been using almond oil as a MU remover for a few weeks. Completely removes all long wearing foundation and stubborn eye makeup. I massage my face with it, then wipe with a warm white washcloth. My makeup ends up on the cloth and not on my face. Then I apply my nighttime moisturizer and eye cream. In the summer, my t-zone gets a little oiler so I might end up using Cetaphil afterwards, but only if necessary. It's also a great body moisturizer and I love the sweet almond smell. I will repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this oil for about a year as a make-up remover, specially now for removing my bb cream which can be a pain in the behind to get it out of my skin. I have notice how the so called white bumps in my under-eye area have began to disappear with the continuous use to the point of no longer having them. I had tried using other eye creams and is certain that I will develop millia seeds in my undereye area. Apart from that the few lines that I have around the eye are fairly noticeable. In addition whenever I am wearing it underneath my eye make-up I have notice that it makes my eye look brighter. But this is after it has "dry on to my skin"as in sink in it!

As for make-up remover is the best! You massage gently the face with the sweet almond oil then proceed to remove the oil with baby wipes.Voilá! No need to moisturizer or even tone the face unless you proceed with your regular cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I so very much love using oils in my skincare regime. This review will be for Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Oil.
I use it in a variety of ways, on my face, on my body and in my hair. The key is the amount that I use or it will become too greasy. Some reviewers will say that the bottle squirts out a set amount and that you can't control it. That's absolutely correct. All you have to do is unscrew the top (easy enough) and pour out the amount you need or take out the amount you need with an eyedropper. That's how you can monitor how much instead of using the squirt method and wasting too much.
I like to use a few drops on my face for extraordinary hydration at night a few times a week. I alternate this with other oils or treatments I use at bedtime. Again, the key is to use it sparingly as it is very greasy feeling, but the results when you awaken are well worth it. My facial skin is smooth, soft, hydrated and evenly toned in the morning with a dewy glow.
After my shower, but not in the bathtub because I found it can leave a residue in the tub and I don't like the slippery mess left behind, I slather it on my body. In the wintertime, I have absolutely no dryness on my skin. Since I have been using Sweet Almond Oil instead of labeled moisturizers, my body has been exceedingly soft without any hint of dryness or wintertime itchiness. It lasts the entire day, too. I appreciate that.
If there's any left on my hands, I rub them through my hair, whether it's wet or dry, avoiding the roots. It leaves a nice sheen and smooths it.
I first started to use Sweet Almond Oil when I was using Philosophy's when hope is not enough omega 3-6-9 replenishing oil. I noticed that Sweet Almond Oil was the second ingredient so I figured I would try it alone and compare out of curiosity.
Thus began my foray into the land of oils and my new love affair. Obviously it's heavier in composition than the omega 3-6-9, but I find it's much better when I mix my own little concoction. I've mixed together Vitamin E, Primrose Oil, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, and even added Vitamins A and C. Just keep the mixture in a dark bottle out of light so the composition doesn't break down and it stays fresher. You can do your own research and make your own fresh daily serums that are cheaper and better for your face than anything you can find at the local drugstore, department store counter or local cosmetic store, imo.
If you find it's too greasy, cut back on how much you're applying. It might not be good for your face, but be better for your body or your hair. Just try it on different areas of your body/hair. Not all oils work for everyone in the same way just as not all skincare products work the same way on everyone's skin. We all have different concerns and issues so obviously one oil cannot address everyone's needs. But as far as I'm concerned, it's a little bottle of miracles to me.
I'll always have a bottle of the certified natural Sweet Almond Oil in my cabinet handy.

30 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by foxieq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll be documenting my almond oil usage here.

My skin: normal, not much problem with visible pores except for my nose. Normal/combo skin, oily t-zone and cheeks get dry if I don't moisturizer or a while. The only place I get bad pimples and whiteheads is my upper lip. They occasionally pop up on my chin and lower forehead. They're not small pimples but not large either. I also get small bumps (don't even know if they're pimples) on my forehead but they're manageable and not noticeable so I don't really count them. In conclusion, skin with some blemishes but nothing horrible. Never had to wear foundation until some of them started scarring (just marks, not indentations).

I started using jojoba oil as a morning and night cleanser. I used to use normal drugstore scrubs and cleansers, and not particularly diligently. I've been very diligent with jojoba for about two months and it wasn't a miracle product for me, but it definitely helped regulate the oil around my T zone. Still occasional pimples, but no big hulking whiteheads that I used to deal with.

With jojoba, I was looking for that purge moment! I know it sounds weird, but I wanted my skin to get inflamed so I'd know that I was just purging and it'd be over soon and I'd be on my way to beautiful, clear skin...

I'm hoping that's what's happening right now. I've been using half jojoba, half almond oil in my routine for about a week now. I skipped one night of the routine and am hoping that the three whiteheads that popped up on my upper lip and chin are not a result of that, but of purging.

I'll be updating my OCM routine here.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by northerngal100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is the worst but also good. The worst for my skin, and good for my hair....

I used it on my skin for three weeks. For the first two weeks my skin looked better than it ever had, not a single dry pot, glowy, lovely, THEN on week three, my skin and broke out like I never have before in my entire life. I usually have one small pimple a week (maybe) and usually just before my period. But this gave me blocked pores all over. I had probably 100 blocked pores. All over my forehead even, and I haven't had a single spot there since I was 13 probably. I needed to go to the doctor to get antibiotics for the mess this stuff created. Since it was the only thing I changed, I can say with certainty this is what caused it. Three weeks and two prescriptions later, my face is getting back to normal and most of the blockages have been painstakingly removed. Though now I am struggling with dealing with marks. It ruined my life for weeks and continues to plague me! I strongly advise anyone who has a tendency to breakout not to use sweet almond oil. I have used evening primrose with success and I recommend it - but I just had to try something new.....You have been warned.

Knowing it didn't agree with my skin, I started using it on my hair about 30 minutes before I shower. It has been great for dealing with winter split ends. Highly recommended. I probably won't buy it again, but it does as good as a job as any expensive hair mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by KimikoTaicho

I've become a believer when it comes to using oils.

About a month and a half ago, I looked in the mirror at my whacky, curly, refusing-to-grow hair and my acne-scar-littered, pimple-prone face and said ENOUGH. So I threw out my shampoos and conditioners (loaded with silicones and harmful chemicals I realized i did NOT want anywhere near my skin or hair), I tossed my old facial cleansers and moisturizers (loaded with chemicals, not working for me ANYway), and did some intense research.

I ended up going to Whole Foods and buying a few essential oils and good carrier oils to get started. This one was among them.

I use this as a night moisturizer on my face. I wake up in the morning with skin I can't keep my fingers off of (which is probably bad, but it's just so soft and smooth I can't help myself!) I also use this in my hair twice weekly as a mask (mixed with castor oil and rosemary oil, both of which have been working miracles) and after I've washed my hair as a leave-in-moisturizer. My hair is so much softer, so much smoother, and a good deal more managable than it's ever been (this coming from someone with that super curly, frizzy hair).

Another thing it's done: my mom recently used my salt bar to wash her face (even though I warned her against it because she has dry skin) and it left her sahara desert dry. Her cheeks felt like they'd been burned and she felt miserable. I dabbed some of this on her face and told her to go to bed. The next day, her face was halfway to fixed. I exfoliated her cheeks with honey and sugar and that helped a great deal as well, but I put more sweet almond oil on afterwards and once again, she woke up with amazing results. Her face is now almost perfect again.

I will never be without this pruduct again.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG! Fantastic product! I've been experimenting with all kinds of oils, and this one is clearly the winner. I have sensitive skin that reacts very unhappily to many products, but this one actually seems to soothe it and reduce redness. I pour a small amount into my hands, rub them together and then pat them on my face. It sinks in fairly quickly for an oil, but I do have to wait a few minutes to put anything else on my face. If I've applied too much or am in a hurry, I just blot off the excess with a tissue. It leaves my face soft, happy, and seems to have balanced out any oiliness in my skin. Also awesome as an add-on to body lotion; just a few drops mixed in my hand, and my skin is sooo soft. I plan on trying this on my hair next, and in an OCM recipe. Note: as another reviewer mentioned, the Aura Cacia brand makes it hard to just get a few drops at a time. I end up rubbing the excess into my hands, but I might decant it into a different bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

I bought this to use on my hair. I add essential oils (rosemary, lavendar, peppermint) and put this on my scalp, sometimes with coconut oil. Then I put just almond and coconut on the rest of the hair length. I leave this for a few hours and shampoo. I notice it's softer afterwards, and more moisturized. You have to be careful to get enough out or it does feel a bit oily, but I have dry hair so it works well. I have tried this as a leave in on dry hair and it was too much. I also tried it as an eye cream and it made my vision blurry (just like the coconut) so I switched to vaseline for that. (Also increases lash growth) I find jojoba does a good job of makeup removing but haven't tried this. I also am scared to use it as a moisturizer on my face. If I ever do, I'll update. But for a hair mask I find it's the best. I did try one half with almond and one half with jojoba and the result was that the almond side was softer.

Update: I have found better conditioning treatments so I haven't done oil masks as much, however oils are still great for so many reasons. If you play with the ratios you can make great skin products (or add small amounts to existing washes/creams/shampoos). You just have to watch out because too much oil might cause issues. You really only need drops when dealing with skin on the face. I am tempted to use some of this on my face now, because the oils help with flakes much more than creams (IMO). They also go bad if you get too large a bottle which happened to me. I think mine spoiled. So be aware of that too.