October 20, 2014 | 2034 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Tea Tree Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by hedgehog2484

Tea tree oil is one of the most effective spot treatments I have tried. This works especially well for those pesky hormonal cysts. It may take a couple days for the swelling to disappear, but it definitely works. I use this straight and sometimes this will leave some flakiness, but I would rather have a dry spot than a sore swollen one. I haven't noticed as much prevention and I think this is a bit strong to use all over undiluted, but I plan to try it diluted at some point. This bottle may seem a bit pricy upfront but it is actually really cheap because it lasts for a long time. The smell is strong, of course, but I don't mind it. I will definitely repurchase and wish I had tried this sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Misterio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What drew me to tea tree oil was its antiseptic properties. Benzoyl peroxide gets rid of acne causing bacteria by oxidizing the skin, while tea tree oil is just antiseptic. I wanted to use Benzoyl at first, but, being an oxide, it will age your face faster, and can potentially increase your risk for skin cancer by damaging dna by means of free radicals. I think tea tree oil is a great alternative. I like how Jason's forces the oil to come out in drops, and for how much it costs, you get a lot out of this bottle. I made a 7% conc. of TTO by adding 97% Jojoba oil, and by means of a cotton pad, I sweep it over my entire face before I go to sleep, but not in the morning. Great Combo! I stopped breaking out, and my skin looks better than ever. I have only been using this for about a week, so I will update if something really off happens. But if you want a less damaging alternative to Benzoyl, I suggest TTO above a 5% conc, but not above a 10% conc. I have extremely sensitive skin, and a 7% doesn't sting at all. And as for the smell reputation, suck it up! It does NOT smell that bad, and its worth it, believe me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 5:00:00 AM More reviews by dilllll90

this pure tea tree oil : water = 1:5 , use it as a toner for at least 4 years now. I said goodbye to acnes around the same time. Never worried about horrible acnes ever again. but I guess clarisonic helped too.

it's antiseptic so kills off bad bacteria inside sebums inside pores which stop them from creating acnes, pimples, cysts. doesn't do much to help milia I guess because it's another story. I once over-applied tea tree oil and had a burning area that's red like fire in triangle shape on my left cheek, I used control cream to save it. So if you over applied accidentally, it's not the end of world. I heard that jojoba oil, aloe vera can help too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

I bought this to try as alternative to using other acne products. I wet a cotton ball (squeezed out the water) and put about 4 drops on (oops, comes out a little faster than expecting). This brand has a dropper built in. I rubbed it on my face after washing it... I didn't feel anything right away, it left a clean shine to my face while it was drying (this did go matte). I then applied a little moisturizer even though it didn't especially dry me out. It has a strong smell, but my face feels really good now. I am just waiting to see how well it helps with acne. If it does I am definately going to toss the other products, since this one is natural and makes my skin actually feel good rather than the burning sensation I get with actual acne products. I will update.

Update 4/16: I don't think this works for me as a preventative, but once the zit pops I spot treat and it brings down the inflammation/zit really fast, so for that I will keep using it. My face had errupted, but I really think that was due to the other new products I was trying although, who knows.

1/1/09: I'm not using this anymore, in fact I'm not even sure the last time I used this... or where the bottle is. I just remember everyone complaining of the smell when I would use it. I find what works best for me as a preventative against acne is to keep my skin balanced. Maybe if I find the bottle I will try it again if I need to, but it's not the end of the world if I don't.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A little too irritating for the face but does make a nice topical for cuts an abrasions as well as nail fungus. You can also use this on dry scalps. I bought it for pimples but found it just made them worse, must be the alcohol content is too high. Burt's Bee's Blemish Tea Tree Oil Stick is much better suited for facial acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kubawilson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried tea tree oil to many things, shampoo, conditioner, drop to toothpaste. Mainly I put it in witch hazel. It works great as a toner, put on bikini area after shaving or waxing and no razor burns/ingrown hairs. Works for althletes feet. Many many uses and I have not found anything else that works better for my teenagers acne. I take square cotton pads and put in a container and add the mixture for quick toner/cleansing pads. Only bad thing is the medicinal smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by jennyyy

Yikes! I really hate this product. It got rid of the pimple but left a really red icky dry spot in return. I'm usually okay with tea tree oil products (like the ones from The Body Shop) but I can't handle this stuff pure. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
I tried dilluting this with witch hazel & water but it broke me out in a really itchy patchy rash spots. I just hope I can recover school starts again. I'm probably allergic to this but if it works for you, use it.
But if you're like me with combination/slightly sensitive skin you don't want to use it. Also, I recommend using witch hazel or already diluted products sparingly on mild acne. I think it's a lot less harsh.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 4:27:00 PM More reviews by dorkiexcici

after many years of using bp and sa, they stopped working on my acne. after research, i found out tea tree oil on this site, and i went to gnc and bought three days. i used it since then and wow in 3 days my acne is either gone/ or the size has shrank. i love this!!!! totally works better/faster than the cleanr & clear persagel ( that stuff is crap on my face..no offense to others who like it) thanks to you guys, i finally found a solution to my acne. i really am happy. i might try the tea tree face wash they have...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by ohyunalesca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great anti-bacterial qualities. Love almost everything from Jason, not because they are outstanding products, but because they are dependable and fit my needs exceptionally well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by caitlinv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tea Tree Oil is definitely one of my favorite oils. It works wonders on pesky little pimples (but not full-blown acne in my experience) and leaves you with soft, shiny hair when you mix a few drops in your shampoo. I always use it undiluted, and I haven't had any problems doing so. I always have a bottle of this around.