April 25, 2014 | 924 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

Sorry, but you guys are full of it. If you use pure Olive Oil as a cleanser or moisturizer and come out with clear skin than you must not have had an acne problem to begin with (and yes, I very clearly understand the "method").

Admittedly, products that contain O.O. (such as Shu Uemura cleansing oil) do help with makeup removal, but those are diluted with other ingredients. If I so much as get a drop of olive oil around my mouth from eating a salad with OO based dressing, I'll get a cystic zit that will last MONTHS. I once tried the EVOO method for a few weeks and lived to regret it. It's true that most acne regime's are much too harsh and toxic, but OO is NOT the answer for acne sufferers. It's also too heavy for a hair mask (it took me 4 washes to rinse it all out). There are so many better oils out there, such as coconut oil which is actually productive in that it's ANTIMICROBIAL.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Its a shame this didn't work for me as it has worked for so many other people. I tried using this as a facial moisturizer once and that will be the last time. First it never really sunk in and my skin never absorbed it properly. No matter how much I rubbed it just kind of sat on the surface feeling greasy. Then came the breakouts. I started getting clusters of bumps all around my chin and nose which is an area I don't normally breakout in. I love using Olive Oil for a multitude of other things. As a eye makeup remover, a body moisturizer sometimes and I mix some in with my conditioner for my hair. And of course cooking. There's so many uses for it its never a waste of money. I'll always buy it again just not to use as a face moisturizer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Impeccablebliss

This is the best for your skin and internally as well. This helps clear certain skin conditions.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I feel funny giving olive oil a low rating since I love it so much as a food product! HOWEVER, whenever this goes near my face it breaks me out like a mofo. Cystic pimples, on my forehead and chin especially. Horrid breakouts on my face, and when I tried to use it as a hair treatment it didn't absorb, I don't think, so it didn't do much for my hair. I also find it a little too thick and occlusive to easily slather all over my body, you know? Not for me, I suppose.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Gravityx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay so after a year of trying to deal with my very dry skin with lotions that just never worked. Having eczema on my face often time a lot of them made my face burn. So I started using this, and it's been amazing. It doesn't break me out in acne and it hydrates my skin so well. With this my skin care routine became so much easier because all I need to do now is a face scrub, wash it and use this. Works great for hands too , makes them soft. I can use it in my hair too, I'll put it on my ends to help them be healthy. Plus it'll last you a long while, and if you don't wanna put your fingers in the bottle, put it in a spray bottle so you don't need put your fingers in it. Only thing is make sure you keep a cap on it because it will go rancid faster if you don't. To avoid that, try the spray bottle (maybe a pump if you want to), avoid it in direct sunlight, and I found putting your fingers in it puts germs in there and that's not good for it...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Houn01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using olive oil for about a year now and at first it seemed it was working for me, I was using it as a moisturizer and makeup remover. As a makeup remover it still works great. But for a moisturizer, not so much. I noticed that it sort of just stays on top of the skin and is similar to mineral oil in how it stays on top of the skin and prevents moisture from leaving the skin. I would wash my face and then put some on and my face would still feel tight, as if it weren't getting absorbed into the skin and actually moisturizing. I think it would be good to mix it with a regular moisturizer as they mostly contain water, once the water evaporates you're skin feels dry again so I'm thinking the olive oil with prevent that water from leaving the skin. I don't really like moisturizers since they can get pricey and I prefer to splurge on makeup. I do mix olive oil with my body lotion right before I put it on and it seems to keep my skin moisturized for a lot longer. For my face, I've been using coconut oil and it seems to actually absorb into my skin

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by 1Paulabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

Honestly this stuff works like a freaking charm! I love it, I use it daily but sadly it still doesn't beat my face mask by Face Gem (witch also has organic extra virgin olive oil as an ingredient). It sucks I moved out of the Toronto area so I can't pick it up or have it delivered since they only do it in the G.T.A (Greater Toronto Area) if you guys are in that area then honestly go to the website and buy and you will see way better results I think it's face gem official it's Organic and Vegan for those of you who hates chemicals on your skin like me! but for now I put the extra virgin olive oil on my face and it is really good, you have to try it to believe it! I plan on driving to Toronto next week to pick this stuff up I had to bragg about it guys because it's way better then this alone! I love EVOO

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

This is my holy grail (along with coconut oil) i use it as
-face and body moisturizer
-makeup remover
-hair serum
-mouthwash (look up oil pulling method)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by AshleyLovesMakeupx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high expectations for this as it has seemingly worked miracles for many in the beauty community, and I was especially impressed that so simple a product managed to garner hundreds of glowing reviews on here. However, my experience with it fell short of stellar. I bought it mainly to remove makeup and to moisturize my skin. It does the former thanks to its intrinsic nature but not as well as I would have liked. I had to go over my face numerous times with this before I would begin to not see any excess makeup transfer onto my cotton round, and I only wear blush or bronzer or sometimes both. This would leave my face greasy as hell, as you can probably imagine, and even with excessive rinsing, it would still feel heavy and unclean the next day. I've tried using just a token amount of oil to moisturize my face and body, but instead of absorbing into my skin, the oil just sits there, leaving an uncomfortable film that makes me want to hop into the shower. Worse, it started to break my face into a series of bumps that still have not healed yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by classyitalian

I've been using this for almost a week now.. So far its made my skin glow, turned it baby soft, reduced breakouts, made blackheads disappear, and even toned my skin! I honestly wish I tried this sooner.. I love it!