Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Color in Alloy

4.8

on 5/12/2006 2:00:00 PM

I own almost all shades of the metallic cream e/s and should LM release more I'd definitely purchase those, too. Alloy is a taupe shade, it's more brownish than MAC paint in shimma and similar to Shu ME945/ Aveda Aura/ Becca Lame, the difference being that it has the metallic cream finish. It holds up on me all day without creasing and I successfully use it as an e/s base.

The packaging is *so* much better than with MAC paints. The tube is made of plastic instead of metal and has a very narrow opening, so you can squeeze out a precise amount and product doesn't ooze out on its own. The LM product contains 8.5g compared to the 7.5g of MAC paints. I couldn't be happier with this product, the LM metallic cream e/s will definitely replace my MAC paints when I've used them up. Retails for $22 in the US, in my opinion an acceptable price given the quality. continued >>

on 4/23/2006 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This gorgeous new addition to the fabulous LM metallics is a smoky pewter/taupy violet that is unbelievabaly sexy. I use BB gel eyeliner in Black Plum and the result is amazing. I will be collecting more and more of these wonderful metallics; definitely HG status for me and I don't use that term lightly! Respectfully submitted, colormepink

on 9/27/2005 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am a huge fan of the LM Metallic creme shadows. They are nicely pigmented, last all day with none to very minimal creasing. Glide on smoothly. Most similiar in consistency to Lancome Color Doses. LM first released 5 of these but just recently added three additional shades including Alloy. Alloy is a silvery taupe, very similiar to Chanel Vega, Mac Satin Taupe, or Shu ME 945. Can be worn very sheerly or layered for more color. Absolutely stunning shadw as those shadows are some of my faves! Retails for $22 and comes in a squeeze tube. No oozing problems with these like MAC paints. Excellent product and I highly recommend.