September 1, 2014 | 1957 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Foundation Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by dreamrn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought this sometime last year but i am not satisfied. i did like the finish at first applied but it broke me out after.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

*Summertime HG * I adore this for many reasons:

1. It provides anywhere from light to full coverage depending on how you apply it.

2. It doesn't cake up and I can even brush some over concealer under my eyes and it looks good all day (I'm 35! ladies around my age know what I'm talking about here).

3. My skin looks absolutely perfect all day long (I put on my makeup at 6:30 a.m. and I only need a little touch up around my nose around 4:30 p.m.).

4. Doesn't dry me out and I don't get oily (both are problems for me in summer, thanks combination skin!).

5. Doesnt feel heavy like Studio Fix does in summer, no matter how much I use.

6. Lasts FOREVER! I really don't get how some people reviewing this say it only lasts a few weeks or a few months, maybe they are using a trowel to apply? I use mine every day from April through October and in 1 1/2 seasons (of 7 months each), I'm just about ready for a new one, that's 10 months!!!

Color-wise... I use this when I have summer color and my MAC color in summer is NC35 (but in mid summer that's a little too light) and in this I use #6 and it's perfect for my tanned warm yellow/olive skin. More brownish than NC35, but same depth of color.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by FLolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product, it's my HG powder foundation. The only reason I took a lippie off is for price, but I still plan on repurchasing this week.
    I'm an NC25 in MAC, and got this powder in No 3, and I feel like it matches perfectly. The powder is very finely milled, and is so soft. My boyfriend even complements me on having a soft face! If a boyfriend notices, you girls know it's major! haha
    The staying power of this powder is great, and I have oily skin. I've even made it through a day of classes and afternoon lacrosse practices, in the south Florida heat and humidity, in the summer! That's impressive to me!
    I apply this with my Ecotools bronzer brush, and it gives me full coverage. I've found that swirling a brush in this compact does tend to kick up a bit of powder. I just tap the top of my brush into the powder and press it in without swirling and it gets me plenty of powder to apply.
    Even with kicking up and using the powder as full coverage, this powder has lasted me from August to April. I think if I had used this powder every day since I got it, it probably would have lasted me through the end of February.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by thesoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It doesn't feel nor look like you have "powder" foundation on. It settles very nice on the skin, is not drying nor oily, and does not accentuate any pores or fine lines. I got it in no.3, and I normally wear NC25 at MAC. It does not cover imperfections that much. Works best when doing touch-ups since it always applies freshly and evenly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice, finely milled powder foundation, very comparable to MAC Studio Fix powder. I apply mine (over my L'Oreal Magic Perfectig Base) with my BE kabuki brush and find that I get light-medium coverage that lasts all day and stays matte. I have pretty good skin so I don't need or want heavy coverage, I'm not sure how this foundation would work on someone with "problem" skin or that needs heavier coverage. For me, this gives a beautiful, flawless, airbrushed finish. My only complaints are the amount of product for the price, and the fact that, when using a kabuki to pick up powder out of the container, powder flies everywhere and there's a lot of product waste. For those 2 reasons, I'm taking off 1 lippie. If those 2 things could be dealt with, this would be HG material.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by annieamber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something to replace my MAC Studio Fix and I had such high hopes for the Laura Mercier foundation powder. I'm from Canada so the price for the compact here is $50, but I thought that if it's a good product I wouldn't mind spending the money. Well, BIG MISTAKE! After first application, I found that the product did not have good staying power. It would literally come off on my face blotters. After two days of use, I started to develop painful cystic acne all over my chin. Also, I agree with everyone who said that it kicks up a lot of dust if you use your brush, which means so much wasted product! I will definitely be returning this to Sephora. What a waste of time and money!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by la911

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my first powder foundation. At first i was scared to try powder foundation as i have an oily skin and i tend to go shiny in my tzone area during the day. A lot of people have been telling me that powder foundation doesnt suit oily skin, the lady at the MAC store even told me not to go for the powder foundation. One day i was just really curious so i decided to try it out. I love the product, the consistency that it gives and the lasting power. I have a rather good skin to begin with so i only needed a sheer coverage to even out my skin tone and i think this is one of the best powder foundation out there that actually works for oily skin too! I would definitely repurchase as it is so easay to apply and it gives me exactly what i want. This powder lasted the cold dry winter in los angeles, the humid singapore and the dry climate of australia. So two thumbs up for that. My only concern with this product is that it flakes easily when i load my brush. Other than that its a HG product that i'll definitely repurchase. Its easy, convenient and gives a nice natural finish. You can build it up and reapply it during the day. And for those who have an oily skin, whenever it turns a bit shiny during the day, swipe a little bit of loose powder and your whole make up should last shine free throughtout the day. The product keeps me shine free for up to 8 hours before i need to swipe a load of loose powder

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder this summer at Nordstrom when I was in search of a powder foundation with some lasting power. I was originally looking at the Loose Mineral Foundation but the MA talked me out of that and into the Powder Foundation. I like it okay, but I do feel like a bonehead for paying 40 dollars for it. I have it in the lightest shade 01 and I find it a little too yellow for my undertones and it kicks up a lot of excess powder when I dip my brush in it. The finish is fine, the lasting power is so-so, the coverage is decent (varying depending on what you apply it with) and all and all, I find it to be a very mediocre foundation. I am sure I would like Maybelline foundation just as well for less than a quarter of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by c2yoshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After trying to use this product in conjunction w/the TM, I decided to use the powder foundation on its own w/the LM Secret Camouflage concealer.

I'm NC25-30/C30, Dior 021 Linen and I chose No. 3 in the Powder Foundation. It's a little dark, but only so slightly so it still looks natural (I'm sure in the summer it'll be a perfect match). I love that for myself, this powder foundation actually controls my oil somewhat. I stay matter longer and find that I don't have to blot as often. It helps even out my skin while looking natural; it's light enough that I can re-powder during the day a few times w/out it getting super cakey but you can also use a wet sponge for more coverage. I use it either with my E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush or a damp Beautyblender sponge after applying concealer.

My one gripe about this product is the amount you get, as many others have stated. The quality of the product however may convince me to continue buying it as I don't find the powder as soft as other powder foundations I've tried (e.g., Shiseido Sheer Mattifying or BeneFit Hello Flawless), so it may actually last me longer than I think it will.

I think this product is definitely worth a try if you're in the market for a powder foundation. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by dizzychick1973

My first ever foundation powder and I am in love! I needed a foundation which would hold up well in the Australian summer heat and keep my complexion matte while look natural in daylight. This formulation is perfect!

I use the #2 over a mineral primer with a Mac stippling brush followed by a light dusting of Shu Uemura Matt Loose Powder .. and my complexion stays fresh and matte through long working days. Initially, the finish can appear quite matte... but it soon "melts" into the skin and gives it a natural & clean looking finish. The packaging is a little bulky and I've not used the puff or sponge - so thats a bit of wasted space. But for the performance and finish this gives, I would buy this over and over ....and over and over again. Love it!!!