July 28, 2014 | 2304 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - The Makeup Lifting Foundation SPF 16

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2007 12:50:00 PM More reviews by rolanda

First, I love the color match. I first tried the Powdery foundation at the suggestion of a lovely MA at Sephora. I'm very hard to match. My skin is on the fair side of medium, but it's got green (olive?) undertones with a lot of surface redness from broken capillaries on my cheeks. MA's have always steered me to foundations with pink in them, which always looked horrible on me, since it turns out I do not have pink undertones. Anyway, the Powdery was such a great color match in I20, the best I've ever had. The MA explained that Shesiedo's O, B, and I letters stand for golden, beige, and green undertones. I would never have thought Ivory meant green, but that's how the company decided to label it!
Anyway, I ran out and got this based on the awesome color match of the Powdery. This is a very thick, almost creme, liquid. It is *slightly* darker than the Powdery but still excellent in terms of matching. It comes in a pump bottle, which is fabulous. You can squirt out just a little or a lot. Even though it says SPF 16, I still wear a separate sunscreen under it. I'm a bit puzzled by the reveiws that say this doesn't cover anything. For me this is FULL coverage. I use it only on my cheeks to cover the aforementioned red along with brown sun spots. And it covers them completely. There is absolutely no transfer, this stuff stays put. The reason I don't rate it a 5 is that I find it a bit too thick. I'm gradually learning that thick liquids and my skin don't really mix. Late in the day, this settles into pores on my cheeks that I didn't even know were there. I love the coverage, but it is definitely a "makeupy" finish, which is why I don't put it on my whole face. I can't speak to the "firming" claim, but I tend to think all that is marketing hype and that there is nothing in a bottle that is gonna firm facial skin. If there were, it would be on the cover of every newspaper and magazine in the world!!

Bottom line, if you're difficult to match in other lines and want an excellent coverage liquid makeup that stays put, this could be what you've been looking for. It's definitely worth testing next time you're at Sephora or a department store.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Active ingredients:
Octinoxate 2.9%, Titanium Dioxide 9.8%

Other ingredients:
water, Glycerin, cyclomethicone, dimethicone, butylene glycol, hydrogenated c6-14 oolefin polymers, squalane, dimethicone copolyol, polymethylsilsesquioxane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, diatomaceous earth, disteardimonium hectorite, peg/ppg-14/7 dimethyl ether, sodium hyalauronate, isostearic acid, alumina, polysilicone-2, triethoxycaprylylsilane, peg-150, methicone, tocopheryl, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, bht, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, fragrance, iron oxides

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2007 11:10:00 PM More reviews by gugeebzung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

coverage can build up but does not stay as well as clinique repairwear-
not that bad, wont smear off but nt for v. fair skinned ppl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2007 7:04:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great for dry skin, flawless look, silky feel, sun protection, excellent color match doesn't crease, worth every penny!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by honeybees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started using a whole line of shiseido products at once. And nothing good came of it. I started breaking out like mad mad mad mad mad. It looked worse than a teenager and I have never really had zits in my life. My skin is finally starting to fix itself, a week after stopping use. This foundation is very very sheer. It will not cover much of anything. I did appreciate the color. It matched my skin perfectly. It DOES make you very shiny. I wouldnt call it a "glow" either. I would call it straight up greasy faced looking.

Broke me out. No thank you. Returned.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2007 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Wolkje

While in Hong Kong I bought this foundation in the color O20.
It was recommended to me by the MUA. This is the perfect match for my skin, which is light with yellow undertone. (asian skin).
This comes in a convenient pump bottle and at first sight the foundation has a really thick structure. (some people will consider this as cakey/sticky). But when you apply it on your face it blends in perfectly, but don't use too much!!
With this foundation it's better to use the fingers instead of the (MAC) foundation brush, because the brush will give a streaky effect.

It's a shame this color is not available in the Netherlands. : (
Nevertheless I've found some good deals on Ebay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Peri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm actually surprised how good this foundation suits my dry, uneven skin. I'm in my 20's and really don't need a super-heavy foundation, but definitely need something to even out my skin tone. It's a bit thick but if you use a small amount or apply with a brush it's just right. Covers all imperfections, includiong some light acne scarring and purplish undereye circles. The color matches very well. I recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2007 12:31:00 AM More reviews by neneyato

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used both the O40 and the O60 in the summer time. Though it gives good coverage, I think it maybe a bit heavy for my skin. It takes at least 2 rounds of soap to get all the makeup off! Also, I have found that once it settles into the skin, it was quite drying after a few hours. I don't think I will be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2006 8:04:00 PM More reviews by wlyeong

My 1st Shiseido product. Very gd foundation. Neat pump ensures no gooey mess and easy to apply. Literally glided on and only 2 pumps were needed to coat the whole face. Evened out skin tone nicely (and I've used Chinique, Bobbi Brown and Vichy in case you're wondering what were my yardsticks). Of course only gripe is the price, but I believe for ONCE the premium has been well spent. Once my loose powder from Body Shop finishes I'm tempted to try out Shiseido's loose powder range, on the strength of this foundation alone!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2006 2:25:00 AM More reviews by mubeen

I bought this in deep ochre(060 i think) and its my HG..love it- ive tried so many foundations but this one is the best.Hides my pores..gives a dewy finish,good coverage and best part is i use very little for my whole face!!

what i dont like about this is the price :(

but def wud repurchase! i love my skin when i wear this foundation- its almost like not wearin anything- evens out my skin tone and i love it!!