Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat No 2

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, let me just say that this IS NOT a concealer. I don't even know why it is in the concealer category, because it is a highlighter, and an awesome one at that. I have seen many negative reviews, b/c people think it's going to cover their dark circles & blemishes, but that is not what Touche Éclat is made for. I am in love with this product & it's a staple in my daily beauty routine. It highlights beautifully. I put it under my eyes to highlight as well my the top of my cupid's bow, along my marionette lines & inner corners of my eyes. It does a great job at brightening shadows on my face. I have heard some also put it along the outside of their lip line to make their lips look plumper. This shade, No. 2 Luminous Ivory, is perfect for my LLL skintone. It also looks just as great when I have a tan in the summertime. The first time I tried this product, I bought No. 1 Luminous Radiance & I was not happy with the results as it didn't show up at all on my LLL skintone. Thankfully, I gave it another chance & bought this shade and I'm so glad I did. I completely understand why this product is so popular! My only complaint would be the packaging. It is quite beautiful and I like the brush ok, but I absolutely loathe having to click it to get enough product on the brush. Sometimes I have to click it 6 or 7 times. It takes time for the product to get on the brush, so it's more like: click a few times & wait...click a few more times & wait....well, you get the picture. It's impossible to see how much or how little product is left in the pen & you can't get every last drop. Because of this, I'm deducting one lippie. Despite the unfortunate packaging, I still adore this awesome little highlighter & I will continue buy this again & again & again. :-)

on 7/20/2012 7:55:00 PM

I just don't understand!
The packaging is gorgeous.
The product has a beautiful texture.

But It doesn't do anything! And it's crazy expensive! And the brush is ridiculous!
Originally I bought it, as the sales assistant had recommended, as a concealer.
This product conceals nothing.

It's single function is as an illuminator.
I'm completely disappointed as that's not the purpose I intended to buy it for..
I needed a concealer. I asked for help. I didn't get a concealer.

I rated it only two lipsticks because it's not what I wanted, but as a cheek bone highlight it isn't too bad! It you pop a thick strip along your cheek bone and let it dry for 10minutes or more, until it become tacky the product is easy to work into the skin and not as much is wasted on your finger!

on 7/1/2012 2:11:00 AM

I loved this product when I first bought it...but now....not so much. After using it for quite some time I was not so impressed as I first was...

First of all, this is a great highlighter. But as a concealer, it didn't do much for my dark circles. I much prefer the MAC full coverage concealer.

It may be that it's because I've had it for awhile it dried up? I'm not sure, but there is still product left inside but doesn't do much for me anymore. May try this again, but not in the near future.

on 6/30/2012 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

The packaging of this product is really pretty and easy to carry! However, it is really expensive. I probably would buy it again though, as i like knowing that i have one in my make up kit.
In terms of the product, it doesn't do a very good job of concealing under eye bags which is what i was hoping it would do the most.. however it does 'brighten' the area.

I don't really know how to use the product as i don't actually notice the difference on my face but the make up artist who sold it to me said that it made my face look much lighter and brighter (but maybe she was trying to sell it to me.. hmmm -__-)

on 6/16/2012 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

At first I wasn't very impressed with this product - I was disappointed and looked for others. But after trying several others I understood it's actually better than I first thought and actually very good - it is not the most pigmented but it doesn't crease and it brightens up your face and makes it look fresh like others don't and if you don't have big under eye issues the pigmentation is just fine. Plus, the packaging is beautiful and easy to carry anywhere. It is always in my purse. This #2 has pink undertones so it suits my pale cold pinky toned skin well, but maybe #1 would hide blue better but I haven't tried it yet.

There is nothing I can say that has not already been said about this miraculous product. I always keep one in my purse to "brighten" up my face. It is really amazing at concealing blemishes too.

on 4/13/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This and Dior Skin Flash is a regular in my makeup bag. This one is a classic, enough said. It belongs in every womens home!!!

This is a little magic wand that brightens up your face when you need it!

Love it as a highlighter!

on 3/26/2012 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

A big no for me. Perhaps a yes for those who don't have a really really dark under eyes circle

on 3/21/2012 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall reaction: Curses! It really is all that! For me, anyway.

I saw this in Sephora, and couldn't resist at least trying it out. I had every intention of taking it home, and then rushing it right back if there was the SLIGHTEST question about it, and getting my fifty bucks refunded.

But no. I have horrible dark circles, purplish-blue and deeply marked, which I was previously hitting with a combination of Benefit Lemon-Aid topped with Smashbox Photo Op. Which worked pretty well, but not as well as this one single product does. Plus, it doesn't cake or settle into my fine lines, or bleed into the creases under my eyes. Nor is it scented, which is an issue I've run into with other liquid concealers; my eyes in particular are very sensitive to scents, which can cause allergic reactions.

I don't understand it, but I'm not complaining. My only quibble is that I really don't like those click-for-product dispensers. I find them messy, and I'm convinced they waste a lot of product, too, which is An Issue when you're holding a tiny gold pen that you paid that much for.

Top Rated Yves Saint Laurent Products