Givenchy Very Irresistible Sensual eau de parfum

4.3

on 8/21/2007 12:09:00 PM

I absolutely love this one. Along with Hanae Mori Butterfly, this is a scent I can wear anytime, anywhere. It's a lovely floral, extremely feminine. The staying power is fantastic and it should not be overused. I own a bottle without a cap and I can detect the smell from different points in my bedroom! Beautiful, unique, men love it.

on 5/31/2007 3:15:00 PM

This is a great parfume-it has a long lasting power,and it seems to work very well with my body chemistry.It's beautiful,feminine and kinda seductive...great parfume overall.

on 1/22/2007 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

It smells like the original but with the added patchouli and vanilla. It just has more depth than the original. The patchouli is not that strong (thankfully) and I can hardly detect the vanilla. I love this version and the original. Very beautiful rose scent. It's hard to find a truly perfect rose scent but this is it.

on 1/16/2007 3:12:00 PM

I really, really, really wanted to like this. I think I was mostly attracted to the fact that Liv Tyler was doing the ads, but I also really liked the bottle - it was just aesthetically pleasing to me.

After many trips to Sephora and test spraying it numerous times, I finally caved in and bought it. I don't usually hem and haw that much before I buy a fragrance - typically, something will really pique my senses, and I'll just buy it. But somehow, this fragrance never smelled "Wow!" on me.

I was excited to finally own it, and I used it every day for about a week. However, each time I used it, I liked it less and less. It smelled ok in the bottle - sort of a floral-y spicey scent, but as soon as it dried down on my skin, it took on an artificial, cloying scent. On me, it really just smelled like I'd applied cheap designer impostor's perfume. Even my husband asked what "yucky perfume" I was wearing. It also had the lasting power (or lack thereof) of a cheapie. Even though this was a EDP, it hardly lasted from morning to lunchtime.

After the week, I sadly returned it at Sephora. As of this day, I've never had any Givenchy fragrances work out for me. continued >>

This is my new signature fragrance. It is just so feminine. It's my first real grown-up smelling perfume. The closest I came before was Magnetism, which is probably too carnival-sweet smelling to really be a "grown-up" perfume. For me, this is my empowering "hi, I'm ready to graduate college and be a real grown up woman" perfume. Love it!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A fresh rather unique smelling aromatic floral fragrance, really nice for day wear or evening. I find it to be quite strong at times so don't over do it. I didn't like it when I first received it months ago, I say stick with it, it does grow on you and I now love it ...

I never, ever thought Amarige could be replaced as my favorite scent. Well, Very Irresistible Sensual kicked it off its throne. I've been wearing it for a few weeks now and have been swimming in compliments. I'm reluctant to write this review as I want to keep VIS all to myself and have no one else wear it.

on 6/25/2006 5:04:00 PM

All versions of Very Irresistible line are very bad for my liking. I know that tastes are different and maybe those fragrances are just divine on other people. Original Very Irresistible and this one, too, are so synthetic & artificial on me, I can't imagine to wear them. (Mens Very Irresistible is horrible for my tastes, too, though it has nothing to do with womens version).

on 5/31/2006 10:04:00 PM

I absolutely adore this perfume! It smells soooo amazing!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh, I could cry. It sounded perfect. Out of the bottle it smelled perfect. But on me, it smells like the old Guess perfume (not the fruity one that's out now, but the one from circa 1994). Which is far from perfect. Nothing wrong with Guess, but I did that a long time ago and gave the bottle away long ago. Got bored, and it reminded me of husband #1, who was one to forget! Not looking to do it again. I wish it smelled like it does in the bottle. Oh well, I'll keep looking. Glad you are enjoying it, though! EDIT: At the risk of displaying my crazier side, I have to say this has grown on me. Not just grown on me, but it has become my favorite going-out fragrance. It does smell somewhat like the old Guess, but after wearing it a while, it is different and smells so classy. So, ignore my previous complaints. I love this, and not only would I buy it again--I HAVE bought it again. Enjoy!!!

Popular Fragrances