October 30, 2014 | 1733 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Africa Spa Body Salt Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

I love the smell of it, and it does exfoliate my skin and makes them smooth. I like the way it is packaged, because it has a tight lid which can prevent the humidity to affect it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 6:29:00 AM More reviews by mule84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went into The Body Shop to buy a replacement for my Coconut body scrub, but picked this up instead after a demonstration by the sales assistant. It is more expensive than their other scrubs, but the container is huge, and I think you use less of the product each time.

I experimented a bit, first trying it in the shower, but found that the salt granules dissolved too quickly, and the packaging was a little difficult. I found that the best thing for me is to apply the scrub before showering (you only need a relatively small amount. It is quite thick, but body heat quickly 'melts' it a little). Once in the shower, I think it's best to not wash the scrub off, but just let the water run and dissolve the salt, leaving the moisturising base to do its work for as long as possible. It also makes a great shaving cream/gel/whatever for your legs once the 'scrub' bit has dissolved.

I felt that my skin was incredibly smooth and soft after using this scrub, and there was no left over film or greasiness. Great for those who need extra moisturisation. And I love how the jar looks on my basin, though it's not the best if you take it into the shower with you.

I tried this scrub for the first time straight after shaving... OUCH!!! Don't do it!! The salt stings!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by shadowgerl

This smells heavenly, and the jar looks good but isn't actually that practical. It's very hard to open when your hands are wet from the shower, but whatever, so long as it works, I'm all for it.

You take some scrub out and rub it over your skin until the salt grains melt and you let the shea butter melt into your skin -- when you wash off and dry off, your skin smells and feels so good!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by beautynbrains

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this scrub because the saleslady recommended it to me. When I initially used this scrub, the salt granules were too fine and didn't do much exfoliation. But I love how the shea butter literally melts on your skin.Though it did leave my skin feeling very soft, smooth and moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by RangerEmmie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I will use this stuff forever, I swear! Ok enought gushing, but I think this product is perfect. Although I doubt the formula came from anywhere near Africa, the "Spa Africaine" name makes it seem a step above the regular body scrubs and exfoliating salts of the world, and it is! When you open this stuff, the smell is earthy, calming and has a natural sweetness like a mix of cocoa butter, bark and vanilla bean. The formula is thick but not at all goopy. The exfoliating salt is fine and not at all scratchy, just effective. I love to use this stuff on any area of dry winter skin that needs a little maintenance. A little goes a long way, and while the salt is exfoliating, the rest is lathering and leaving skin perfect. It also rinses clean but leaves its yummy smell. Awesome stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2008 8:47:00 AM More reviews by luvtea

This scrub is one of my favourites of all the body scrubs. It smells heavenly and the smell lingers for some time. My skin is very smooth and moisturised after using it. I used it every 2 to 3 days. The body balm get absorbs better after using this.

Packaging is bad, it is very difficult to open and get the contents out. Very expensive too, I only get it during the sales.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by k3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

PROS: spa-like smell, decent exfoliation, tub lasts a long time

CONS: broke me out at chest and back area (not for sensitive skin), don't buy if you're not a fan of vanilla scents

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by glowfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

didn,t spread well .
i didnt feel any exfolitation
i felt cheated and fustrated .
packaging cut my finger.
i hate it big time

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 4:52:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I guess I'm in the minority here since I didn't like this scrub at all. It didn't spread well on my skin, and I noticed that most of it just ended up on the shower floor. What's more, it didn't seem to scrub my skin at all. Instead, just irritated the h**l out of my sensitive skin. Although the jar looks luxurious, it's extremely inconvenient to use while you're in the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by VivianWest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub. It's very thick and isn't too rough. I usually don't like salt scrubs because it irritates my hand when I rub them in, but the shea in this product leaves my body moisturized and smelling fantastic! I miss this product when I run out.