July 30, 2014 | 1982 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Individualist Natural Finish Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by muffin14

I absolutely love this foundation! I have tried almost all of Estee Lauder's foundation and this is the best one yet! It gives a wonderful natural look! I have always had trouble with acne and this does not irritate it at all because it is oil free. I put this on with just a little Lucidity pressed powder in transparent, follow with some blush and I am done! I do not care that it is not long lasting- I just put powder for touch ups! I highly recommend this foundation to anyone that has had some trouble with break outs!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Brunettegirl

This was previously my favorite foundation, as I like the color selection and light weight texture, but do not like the fact that this does not have the staying power I desire at all. I do not like heavy or thick foundation because I have relatively normal skin and don't need a lot of coverage but still want a smooth and flawless look. I have since discoverd Chanel teint innocence cream compact makeup and am in complete love with it...Finding that has made me realize that this foundation was not the perfect foundation for me. I still don't think this is a bad foundation at all, I just love the results my Chanel gives me so much more!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Skarry

I had wanted a light foundation to cover dark circles and some redness around my nose and cheeks. While this foundation looks amazing, it just doesn't last very long - by early afternoon, it doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup anymore. I think I'll use it for evenings out until I use it all up, but I'm still on the hunt for a good foundation with some staying power for weekdays. I think I may try Estee DW Light, which seems to have gotten some good reviews here.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Forher2me

I'm East Asian with light skin (Individualist color Beech). Skin type: Normal with slightly oily T-zone.
    Consistency: It's great, and still great even after a year and a half. It's light and doesn't feel heavy or goopy.
    Coverage: It's sheer, and great for evening out skin tone. If you want heavier coverage, use fingers or sponge, but I don't like that because it makes my face look made up.
    Color match: Perfect.

As for price: $32.50 is rather reasonable if you're the type who's not used to drugstore prices (like me). But if you're used to drugstore prices you may flip at this price. Honestly, it's not that bad compared to other similar designer foundations, in fact I would say it's the best bang for your buck. Compare Chanel, Dior, or Lancome foundations, and they are not as well priced as Estee Lauder's foundations. Plus EL is the first to give out samples of the pefectly matched foundations. I'm not sure if they still use that funny shaped tool when matching foundation, but I do like how it takes the guess work out of matching foundation, and it's consistent. That's key: consistent. You don't have to worry about getting matched two different colors if you go to two different counters (given the EL reps are both competent).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2008 7:50:00 AM More reviews by webster03

Darn estee lauder! Even the lightest shade they make is too dark for my skin. Shame on them! hahaha

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by doggy

This foundation really does look natural & doesn't sink into fine lines or pores. In fact, it kind of helps erase the fine lines on my forehead & makes me look younger. It's not cakey, I never look too made up with this foundation. It comes in a squeeze tube that I love, very hygenic & light. It's best to set with a powder to increase it's staying power & also use a pressed powder over it at least once or twice during the day this helps. Actually it will help with any foundation, a makeup artist passed this along to me, even if you don't get oily during the day still powder to help increase the lasting power of your foundation. The color is slightly off on me, it's not a perfect match like Mac foundations but I am overlooking this because it makes my skin look so great. It's not a true liquid foundation, it's kind of thick & creamy. I squeeze some out on the back of my hand & rub it in with my fingers to warm it up & then apply to my face. I find this simple makeup artist trick really helps liquid & cream foundations meld with the skin & look natural. I sought out this foundation after it was recommended by Paula B. in her new book.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by ameshi

Individualist was not for me. While the colour suited me fine (I'm quite fair and Fair 09 was a pretty good match), its coverage wasn't buildable for minor blemishes. Moreover, it didn't provide the 'natural finish' i was after - instead it was rather chalky and drying and I don't even have naturally dry skin - my skin is combination! As some people have already pointed out, its staying power is pretty dismal too. To seal the nail into the coffin, the makeup makes me breakout with whiteheads.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by SnowWhite21

My skin broke out from this foundation. I tried it a couple months ago and had a breakout so I stopped using it. I decided to give it another try a few days ago, just in case that breakout was coincedental. But I broke out again... For me, the coverage is so very minimal, I might as well not wear it. I know it is "natural finish" makeup but I would like it to do something. The shade Fair was pretty perfect for my skintone. Overall, this is a nice foundation if you need very very minimal coverage and your skin doesn't react to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 7:13:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

I recieved a very generous sample of this foundation from my friend who works at an EL counter. Having used it for the last week or so, it is time for a review :)

Pros: Great color range, especially for PPP-LLL girls with a range of neutral, warm and cool shades. I have tried 1N2 Fair and 2N2 Ivory Beige and both are actually neutral and not overly pink or yellow. I have quite difficult skin to match as I am light olive with pinkness (rosacea) around my cheeks and nose. I could get away with either of these shades, Fair being a bit light for my summer skin (NC20) and Ivory Beige being a touch dark.

Another huge plus is that this foundation does not irritate my highly sensitive skin in the least. No itching when i put it on, no rashes or bumps or redness !!! Yay! It has a beautiful natural finish, 'your skin but better' with light coverage. It is slightly layerable to the lighter side of medium coverage. This is perfect for more casual days or good skin days, which is what i am looking for since Revlon Colorstay (N/D Skin) is my HG more polished medium coverage foundation.

Hygenic tube packaging and it is plastic so i dont have to worry about throwing it in my bag if need be. Not badly priced at US$32.50 - not cheap but not as ridiculously priced as certain YSL or Dior foundations. Also, it is fragrance free which is great as my skin is sensitive to fragrance and unfortunately so many gorgeous foundations have it *ahem* chanel, ysl, dior to name a few! I also like that it doesnt catch onto any dry or dehydrated areas. It also tends to wear off well on my nose and i frequently have the problem where foundations will flake off around my nose since it is dry but still slightly oily (lucky me!).

Cons: Lasting power isnt anything to rave about. This definitely isnt the foundation you wear when you need to look flawless for 8+ hours. Nonetheless, i can get around 6 hours of wear from this on a normal day without noticeable fading, without powder so that isnt too bad really. If it is particularly humid, forget about this foundation !!! It wont hold up but again, it doesnt claim to be long wearing.

This does what it claims to do. It is a lovely natual foundation that meshes well with your skin and your skin tone, that looks like you but better. It is a lovely formula and the fact that it doesnt irritate my skin is a huge plus since my skin has reacted to everything from highend brands to low end brands of foundation. I am strongly considering purchasing this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by deliakitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! It does not break me out and it does not have SPF! The color line is great, and I love the light coverage. This is the only foundation I can wear, and I used to work at two major make-up counters back in college so I know a lot about foundation. I would get lectured about not wearing foundation while I was working, but I used my youth ("I don't need it") and the fact that everything broke me out as an excuse. If this product were around back then, I would have happily put it on! This is a great foundation, especially if you want a nice light cover to blend rosy cheeks or spots away. I love to swipe miel glace (Lancome) blush over this and use a bit of lip balm in the morning and I am ready to go.