April 17, 2014 | 1455 users online

Treatments - Nailtiques - Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by VersaillesVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Usually my nails grow super fast and are quite tough, but sometimes the edges peel. I tried a couple Sally Hansen things, but after no luck, I decided to "upgrade" to the Nailtiques and give them a shot. I used the formula as directed for three weeks, and did see a VERY slight decrease in peeling on most of my fingers. My thumbs still peel a lot though, and since those are the ones I was most hoping to fix, I'm not too thrilled. It did strengthen most of them, but it also turned my nails yellow/orange! Today is my fourth day without any Nailtiques formula, and already they're brighter and whiter like before. Maybe good if your nails are on their last leg, but if you just are hoping for a little help, I'd stay away. Too expensive, and can turn beautiful but weak nails into a yellow mess!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Grets

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must have the weakest nails on the planet. They break off and peel like crazy. No nail product has ever worked for me--until this one. I was very skeptical at first, but this stuff really works. My nails are so much stronger now and they're actually growing! Best of all, this product starts working immediately. You’ll see results in only a week or so.

My hands look so pretty now, thanks to Nailtiques. This product is truly a miracle worker. It may be a little pricey, but it's definitely worth every penny. This is simply amazing!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't think there is much more i can say about this product that hasn't been covered. I'm no expert on nails so i can only tell you my experience. When I started using this product, about 6 monthd later my nails were strong and weren't breaking. Some people asked m e if I had fakes ones on. LOL! I also drink a lot of milk so maybe it was a combination but i think it was the polish. I'm not really sure what the formula one or three is for, but who cares? This formula 2 is doing great, One problem. what I tend to do is to keep putting one coat after another several times. I read that in past reviews you weren't suppose to do that. Can someone please tell me how many coats are enough till i finally let it dry with another nail color? thanks

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by mibrola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've bought several bottles but go through them like water. I use Nail Magic as a back up when I run out but this stuff is great. Absolutely repairs the nails from death. So far the best in terms of growth/strength

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am 46 and have been wearing nail polish for 33 years. I have tried every type of product out there. Nailtiques truly is a miracle product. This literally, in 2 weeks, made my peeling, dry, nails so strong that at one point I actually used one like a screwdriver when doing a home repair.
The downside: After about a month of using this product, my nails BROKE RIGHT OFF. Yep. All 10 of them. I was later told that you're not meant to keep using it for more than 2 weeks--you need to go to one of the other formulas to maintain....
This was about 5 years ago and at the time, this price seemed so expensive to me that I gave up on Nailtiques in disgust because I couldn't imagine buying TWO bottles!
Now older, more financially secure, but with even drier nails, I have since tried OPI and it does NOTHING, so I'm considering going back to the Nailtiques again.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ollykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After 40 some-odd years, I finally have nails that I must actually trim on occasion. My nails have ALWAYS been thin, bendy, and peely (thats a word, right?). It wasn't worth me trying to paint my nails since the second water hit them, my nails would bend and the polish would peel off. Now, polish lasts forever and I give the BEST back scratches!! I always used this with polish, even though the directions said not to, so I had no issues with peeling and this did not seem to diminish its effectiveness.

After I finished the bottle of 2Plus, I "graduated" to the Formula I Maintenance. I was worried that this would not sufficient, but they continue to be exceptionally hard, not brittle. They are so impressive now that when I hit my nail against something, I am not worried if I broke the nail, but if my nail broke whatever it was I hit. Worth every... single.... shiney.....penny!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 5:55:00 AM More reviews by surferchick2

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is truly amazing. I've never been able to grow my nails very long because of how thin and brittle they were. After having acrylics for a while, I decided to try and grow my natural nails again. Of course they looked awful. The manicurist suggested this product and I'm so glad she did. I remember using nailtiques several years ago, but it was a different formula (can't remember which) so it didn't have the same results. This makes my nails sooo strong and hard, and my nails are normally thin and easily breakable. They've never grown so fast. I stopped using this for a while after my nails strengthened, and started using other products because I got some popular nail treatments at TJ maxx for a great price, but after two nails broke, I've come back to nailtiques for my base. For what it does, I don't think the price is bad at all. The bottle is kind of small and this particular formula isn't available at walgreens (atleast at mine), but I put it on 2 days a week or so, so I still have a good amount left.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Nixe

I LOVE this stuff! It's expensive, but it's really worth it. I finally have the nails I always wanted! I had always, my whole life, suffered with extremely thin and bendy nails that peeled like crazy no matter how careful I was, and nail polish always peeled off because they were so bendy. I'd tried nail hardeners before, but they never did anything more than a regular clear coat on me.

So I did a board search, and they recommended this for me - I started using this stuff three weeks ago, and my nails are hard and healthy! No peeling, no splitting, no cracking, nothing! And polish stays on for a week! I can actually grow my nails out however long I want them! For the first time in my life, if I want my nails shorter, I have to deliberately cut or file them. Like a normal person!

I don't have a problem with this formula peeling off - It does eventually peel, but only after about 5-7 days, and that's about as long as you can expect any manicure to last.

I use this on the bare nail, then I use 2 coats of color, then Seche Vite topcoat, and then I apply a coat of this on top once a day for as long as my manicure lasts, and it stays really shiny and beautiful.

My bottle has not gotten gloppy as the pamphlet warns, but I think that's partly because I keep it in its original box. All nail polishes set by exposure to UV and/or cold, so if you just keep your nail polish in a dark box in a climate controlled room, they won't thicken for a loooong time.

If you have really week, bendy, splitting nails, I can't recommend this highly enough.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by moth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

No doubt, this did help my nails get longer... but it peels horribly. I typically do my nails at night, before bed, and by the time I'm on the train, this stuff is peeling off. I tried coating over it with OPI polish and topcoat, and it still comes right off. Moving on to Nail Tek by recommendation of a friendly manicurist. This is just too expensive for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by ChynnaBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Miracle in a tiny bottle. I knocked it down for the price, which is approx $10 USD for a 1/4 oz/7.4 ml bottle. That's quite a bit of money, but it lasts much longer than I expected. I definitely don't feel that all expensive products are a good value and worth the money, but this one is.

Before I used this product, my nails were peeling and breaking often. I'd just stopped biting my nails after years and years, so they were in bad shape. I tried lots of treatments, but the peeling and breaking persisted. Since using this product, both have stopped. I've had only one break and it was the one day I took a "break" and had no polish on. They day before, I reached into a box to pull something out and thought had a hard time extracting it. I thought, "Oh no, I'm going to break a nail. That wasn't very smart!" But I pulled my hand out with all my nails intact. The next day I removed the polish and dug into the same box with another hand. I broke a nail - the only time since I started using the product and it was the one day I wasn't wearing it.

The instructions say to put on a new coat every day, so after about 3 weeks, I bought a second bottle and took one to the office to put on when I forget. The information with the bottle says to expect the protein to turn the formula goopy and advises cleaning the bottle rim with special formula thinner after each use. I'm way too lazy and forgetful for that and haven't done it once. I am careful about not dripping the formula on the rim and closing the bottle tightly. After 2 months, my first bottle isn't goopy and there's about half left.

If I only use one coat, it WILL peel. I always make sure to put on a new coat every day and just add a coat a day for a week, then remove it and start over. If the polish starts to peel, I just add the new coat right over the old one. (Another reason having one bottle at home and one at the office has helped.) As long as I do that, peeling isn't much of an issue.

If tomorrow morning I lost both bottles, I would be at the store buying two new ones tomorrow evening. That's how much I love it.