Nailtiques Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

4.6

Ethyl Acetate , Butyl Acetate , Nitrocellulose , Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin , Isopropyl Alcohol , Acrylates Copolymer Epoxidized Soybean Oil , Wheat Amino Acids , Calcium Pantothenate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Gelatin , Benzophenone-1 , Etocrylene , Violet 2 (CI 60725) , Dimethicone

on 1/3/2012 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Good product. At first, I didn't think this was working. It takes time, effort and patience for this to work it's miracles. You MUST follow the instructions on the package. You have to apply one coat daily and not exceed more then one coat daily.
Description: Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus - Treatment for excessive, problem nails. Nailtiques nail protein was created to treat different nail conditions. The salon-tested formulations offer special combinations of ingredients, including hydrolyzed keratin and protein in combination with gelatin and calcium to build a healthy nail foundation. The protein formulas bond the nail layers together building a strong nail foundation resistant to peeling, chipping and splitting.
Directions: Apply daily. As nails respond, decrease application. Once nails have improved, return to Formula 2 until nails are healthy. Formula 2 Plus® may be worn alone or with color polish.
Experience: My nails are always weak, short and thin that break and peel. Rarely, do I have all nails with even, pretty and noticeable white tips. I find nail treatments that work for a while but only medicore because I will always break a nail or the product gets too goopy and it ends up being a waste. I can honestly say that this *holds breath* IS my HG for my problem nails. I purchased this products based on it's glowing reviews here on MUA. When I say this takes effort, you still have to do your part in protecting your nails such as using a cuticle oil and hand lotion daily, wearing cleaning gloves and filing any rough edges daily to prevent splitting. This review is special because I'm a person that did everything to get strong growing nails. I tried all the treatments, I took supplements, I ate certain foods and all to be left with crappy nails. I feel that Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus really is a miracle for my pathetic nails.

on 12/24/2011 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have always had weak bendy nails that would chip off nail polish within literally an hour of putting it on. After going through a whole container (0.25 fl oz) putting a coat on every single day like the instructions say my nails are actually really strong! The aren't getting splits or peels as soon they usually do, now I can grow them out nice and long before I have to cut them, and I only have to cut them because they are getting too long and not because they are peeling! I had my mom get this too and her nails have always been worse than mine and now shes been able to grow them out for the first time in her life! It makes my nails whiter too. It works really well just for a nail polish base, it makes nail polish last much longer than with other bases. I recommend this to everyone who has had problem nails.

on 11/20/2011 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My nails are thin and weak. They split at the sides. The first time I applied Formula 2 Plus I could feel that my nails were harder. I've applied additional coats every day for three days and they just keep getting harder. I think this product may be the answer and that I'll finally be able to have nails that don't break.

on 5/10/2011 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This clear nail polish really does make nails grow faster, stronger, & more evenly. The only downside is, it starts to peel only after a day. I recommend using another polish over it. Its also pricey.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So I've been using this product for a week and a half and I've already grown white tips!! Something I've never been able to do on my own! I'm happy with this formula, and I think it even helped a little with my cuticles, not sure, but what I am sure about is that my nails look 90% better! ;)

on 1/13/2011 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I just bought this product yesterday, so I cannot comment whether this works yet. I got this after reading the positive reviews. I was trying to decided between Formula 2 and 2 Plus. I had gotten an Axxium Gel manicure about 1.5 months ago and after removing it, my nails were horrible! They were thin and splitting apart. Even after 3 weeks after removing the gel and letting my nails grow without applying anything on them except nail oil to keep them moisturized they kept breaking and splitting. They were so weak that they would hurt when I used my nails/fingers for anything. I decided on Formula 2 Plus since I figured my nails were beyond just weak. I put on a coat last night before bed and applied a bit on cuticle oil around the edges to keep my nail beds from drying out. I was happy how fast it dried unlike regular polish. I washed my hair this morning and got dressed and by the time I got to work they were peeling pretty badly. But as others said I think washing hair or using your nails directly on things will make them peel regardless. I applied a coat right on top at work and the peels disappeared. There aren't any drastic improvements to the deep splits yet (I wasn't expected a miracle overnight but I figured atleast they should bond the splits a bit so they wouldn't snag that easily). I will use for a few weeks and see if there is any improvement.

on 7/11/2010 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

MY PROBLEM - I always had nice nails but occasionally have an issue with reoccurring flaking and weaker nails on my right hand index and middle fingers. About a year ago the flaking became significantly worse and affected more nails. In addition, two of my nails were barely growing past the base. Finally, my right hand middle finger nail was constantly tearing about halfway down the nail bed, resulting in painful weeks of growing out and filing. After about 3 cycles of the middle finger nail breaking I finally bought this product (after a failed attempt with some Sally Hanson product and nail hardener).

Does this work? Absolutely! After about 7 weeks of use everyday my nails are almost perfect and growing beautifully. The worst nails still look like they could flake a little but have not and my nails are generally looking health, long and even. They're even getting the fake nail look! You have to use this product exactly as directed (there's a little insert in the box with directions) -

1) Everyday! For the first two weeks I was varying how often I used it and it did nothing. About 3-4 weeks after I started using it everyday I noticed a significant improvement. I usually keep the bottle by my bedside and put on a coat before bed. It dries very quickly.

2) You have to remove it every 3-4 days. I don't get peeling but it definitely starts looking crusty. Also, it makes your nail yellow but that is easily fixed by buffing the nail when you remove/reapply.

3) Try to not wear nail polish until your nails start looking healthy. The dual purposes of this are to give your nail breathing room and allow you to apply Formula 2 everyday (it has to go under nail polish). Now days I don't even want to wear nail polish because my bare nails look so nice!

Bottom line - It works and is worth the price if you use it everyday, as directed.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Usually my nails grow super fast and are quite tough, but sometimes the edges peel. I tried a couple Sally Hansen things, but after no luck, I decided to "upgrade" to the Nailtiques and give them a shot. I used the formula as directed for three weeks, and did see a VERY slight decrease in peeling on most of my fingers. My thumbs still peel a lot though, and since those are the ones I was most hoping to fix, I'm not too thrilled. It did strengthen most of them, but it also turned my nails yellow/orange! Today is my fourth day without any Nailtiques formula, and already they're brighter and whiter like before. Maybe good if your nails are on their last leg, but if you just are hoping for a little help, I'd stay away. Too expensive, and can turn beautiful but weak nails into a yellow mess!

on 5/22/2010 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I must have the weakest nails on the planet. They break off and peel like crazy. No nail product has ever worked for me--until this one. I was very skeptical at first, but this stuff really works. My nails are so much stronger now and they're actually growing! Best of all, this product starts working immediately. You’ll see results in only a week or so.

My hands look so pretty now, thanks to Nailtiques. This product is truly a miracle worker. It may be a little pricey, but it's definitely worth every penny. This is simply amazing!!!

on 5/19/2010 6:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't think there is much more i can say about this product that hasn't been covered. I'm no expert on nails so i can only tell you my experience. When I started using this product, about 6 monthd later my nails were strong and weren't breaking. Some people asked m e if I had fakes ones on. LOL! I also drink a lot of milk so maybe it was a combination but i think it was the polish. I'm not really sure what the formula one or three is for, but who cares? This formula 2 is doing great, One problem. what I tend to do is to keep putting one coat after another several times. I read that in past reviews you weren't suppose to do that. Can someone please tell me how many coats are enough till i finally let it dry with another nail color? thanks

Popular Treatments