December 21, 2014 | 1450 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by rchiariello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first Lush product I have ever purchased, so feel free to take this review with a grain of salt. This is a fun product and I probably would repurchase, but it doesn't clean my skin any better than a cheap-o body wash. This is basically just a gimmicky, although still neat, product. I keep mine in the freezer and take it out before each shower. I dig a small chunk (probably more than really necessary) and fold it into my mesh "pouf" sponge and just rub the sponge all over like normal. This lathers pretty well and although there is glitter in the jelly, it does not really transfer to the skin. I have found this jelly to be a bit drying, but my skin is dry to begin with. Oh, and I wouldn't really worry about the expiration date too much. Mine is about a month past the date and it still looks and smells the same (maybe because I keep it in the freezer when not it use). Fun little product that actually lasts many many showers.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by anjalisharma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't care for it much. It does nothing special for my skin. The smell doesn't really linger on that much either. For the price and the brand, it's not worth it. Won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink550

I LOVE the smell of this product! It is like purple sparkle jelly that smells like fruit! :) I just wish the smell lasted :(

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i bought a big jar of this simply to wash my hair with since i love the smell and was hoping it would linger on my hair (i mean, that would be totally awesome right lol). well i dont think i need to commend on how great the smell is (smells exactly like the comforter bubble bar and you snap the whip body butter) and it has sparkles in it, yay! it lathers up well when i use it in a shower puff however for some reasons it doesnt really lather up on my hair regardless how soggy my hair is. it sort of feels like it doesnt cleanse my hair properly however i must admit that i do an oil treatment everytime i wash my hair. so it feels like it doesnt lather up and it doesnt get rid of the oil properly plus it just crumbles into pieces and i have to use a lot of it. its pretty cheap for a lush item however i just dont think it works well for a shampoo for my long hair which is what i bought it for in the first place. i havent really noticed any hair-softening effects either like some reviewers have mentioned but im going to try it again the next time i wash my hair just for the hell of it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the coolest thing ever. its a fun jelly in a small travel and eco friendly jar. you just rub the luffa on top while its still in the jar and it makes tons of suds for how long it lasts the price is great and its vegan.

Update..... I noticed the lid said you can use this as shampoo so I did by rubbing my hair directly in the pot. It lathered really well but I didnt think it would do much for my hair especially without cond. Holy cow this left my hair incredibly soft and shiny. I am blown away I love this product 10 x more now. Go try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by love4lacquer

I got this item in one of the LUSH gift boxes (so I can't really determine the price..) and really like it.

I enjoy the texture, its fun to use. I put it on a loofah in the shower. It smells incredible while using, unfortunately it doesn't last long afterwards like I wish it would.

It does leave me feeling clean, which I look for in shower/bath products.

As I said, the smell is amazing, but I do recognize it can be too sweet for some tastes (not mine for sure!) so it is all relevant to perosnal preference.

I would buy again when I finish my jar (great packaging btw). Yum!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

on my third jar of sweetie pie!! the big jar too i might add :) this stuff smells like soft sweet black currants, and looks so pretty in the the clear jars with the glitter swirled on in there (no glitter remains on you though ^.^) it lathers well and doesn't upset my skin which is prone to getting that dodgy hideous rash from sensitivity issues which has barred me from all drugstore/supermarket body washes... i adore this little pot of purple magic. cant imagine my day starting without it, especially in the dreary tones of winter when something chirpy and cheerful is needed for those 6 o'clock wake ups in the bitter cold. price is somewhat reasonable from what i remember and id recommend it to people with a tooth for blackcurrant pastel lollies :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by AndreaReneeXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Sweetie Pie!!! The blackcurrant smell is amazing, it's very sweet compared to Lush's other blackcurrant product 'The Comforter'. I keep mine in the shower and break off a tiny chunk to massage into my loofah, a little goes a long way and I get insane amounts of lather from such a small piece. I guess the only con is it doesn't really work if it's not used in a loofah. I'd say this is one of the most affordable Lush products, as it's only $11 and will last you about a year. I've had mine for three months and I'm not even a third of the way done!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by brightcrystal10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells absolutely INCREDIBLE, each time I walk into my bathroom I open the pot just to smell it. I take just the tiniest amount and massage it onto my scrunchie, and I find that it lathers really well. The scent doesn't linger on the skin too long, but that doesn't matter to me, it's just a fun product to use and is a real scent treat for my nose. TRY IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOOOOOOOVE this jelly! It smells like grape jelly. It's a lot of fun to use and lathers well too. I don't have any trouble using it, I smoosh it into a sponge or shower net (or whatever it's called, it's like a sponge but like a hair net and comes in a flower shape) with a bit of water and you get the most luxurious lather. My kids enjoy playing with it very much, although they prefer the blue jelly, because it's blue.