August 1, 2014 | 1060 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i bought a big jar of this simply to wash my hair with since i love the smell and was hoping it would linger on my hair (i mean, that would be totally awesome right lol). well i dont think i need to commend on how great the smell is (smells exactly like the comforter bubble bar and you snap the whip body butter) and it has sparkles in it, yay! it lathers up well when i use it in a shower puff however for some reasons it doesnt really lather up on my hair regardless how soggy my hair is. it sort of feels like it doesnt cleanse my hair properly however i must admit that i do an oil treatment everytime i wash my hair. so it feels like it doesnt lather up and it doesnt get rid of the oil properly plus it just crumbles into pieces and i have to use a lot of it. its pretty cheap for a lush item however i just dont think it works well for a shampoo for my long hair which is what i bought it for in the first place. i havent really noticed any hair-softening effects either like some reviewers have mentioned but im going to try it again the next time i wash my hair just for the hell of it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the coolest thing ever. its a fun jelly in a small travel and eco friendly jar. you just rub the luffa on top while its still in the jar and it makes tons of suds for how long it lasts the price is great and its vegan.

Update..... I noticed the lid said you can use this as shampoo so I did by rubbing my hair directly in the pot. It lathered really well but I didnt think it would do much for my hair especially without cond. Holy cow this left my hair incredibly soft and shiny. I am blown away I love this product 10 x more now. Go try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by love4lacquer

I got this item in one of the LUSH gift boxes (so I can't really determine the price..) and really like it.

I enjoy the texture, its fun to use. I put it on a loofah in the shower. It smells incredible while using, unfortunately it doesn't last long afterwards like I wish it would.

It does leave me feeling clean, which I look for in shower/bath products.

As I said, the smell is amazing, but I do recognize it can be too sweet for some tastes (not mine for sure!) so it is all relevant to perosnal preference.

I would buy again when I finish my jar (great packaging btw). Yum!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

on my third jar of sweetie pie!! the big jar too i might add :) this stuff smells like soft sweet black currants, and looks so pretty in the the clear jars with the glitter swirled on in there (no glitter remains on you though ^.^) it lathers well and doesn't upset my skin which is prone to getting that dodgy hideous rash from sensitivity issues which has barred me from all drugstore/supermarket body washes... i adore this little pot of purple magic. cant imagine my day starting without it, especially in the dreary tones of winter when something chirpy and cheerful is needed for those 6 o'clock wake ups in the bitter cold. price is somewhat reasonable from what i remember and id recommend it to people with a tooth for blackcurrant pastel lollies :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by AndreaReneeXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Sweetie Pie!!! The blackcurrant smell is amazing, it's very sweet compared to Lush's other blackcurrant product 'The Comforter'. I keep mine in the shower and break off a tiny chunk to massage into my loofah, a little goes a long way and I get insane amounts of lather from such a small piece. I guess the only con is it doesn't really work if it's not used in a loofah. I'd say this is one of the most affordable Lush products, as it's only $11 and will last you about a year. I've had mine for three months and I'm not even a third of the way done!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by brightcrystal10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells absolutely INCREDIBLE, each time I walk into my bathroom I open the pot just to smell it. I take just the tiniest amount and massage it onto my scrunchie, and I find that it lathers really well. The scent doesn't linger on the skin too long, but that doesn't matter to me, it's just a fun product to use and is a real scent treat for my nose. TRY IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOOOOOOOVE this jelly! It smells like grape jelly. It's a lot of fun to use and lathers well too. I don't have any trouble using it, I smoosh it into a sponge or shower net (or whatever it's called, it's like a sponge but like a hair net and comes in a flower shape) with a bit of water and you get the most luxurious lather. My kids enjoy playing with it very much, although they prefer the blue jelly, because it's blue.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, but it just didn't work out for me. This would be a really fun soap if you have kids, but it wasn't practical for me at all.
...
First of all, the scent of Sweetie Pie was way too sweet for me. I probably should have purchased another scent instead. This smells like berries and gummy bears.
...
Secondly, the consistency was like Jell-O, which is really cool and fun, but I found it too difficult to use. When I scooped out a chunk, it would often fall onto the shower floor and wash away before I could use it. I also had a tough time working it into lather. Finally, I just started mashing a piece into my bath loofah and lathering it up into it.
...
Overall:
Pros: a fun and new product, good for kids to play with
Cons: not practical, difficult to work into a lather, a bit expensive, scent too strong and sweet for me

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by lushpaperbaggie

Mmmmmm.....smells like sweets! You need the tiniest bit to lather your whole body....and it doesn't dry my sensitive skin out. It's a little hard to control, but I can get over that. Put this in the freezer/fridge for a little while so it's really nice and refreshing in the bath. This is lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Lylacgirl

Mmm.. this yummy smelling shower jelly swept me off my feet. It has a lovely black current smell - reminds me of my all time favourite bubble bar, The Comforter. Nice creamy scented lather which lingers onto your skin. My favourite was Whoosh for it's brilliant citrus smell which woke me up. Now.. this is my favourite, it has a great smell and fun glitter.