December 21, 2014 | 1710 users online

Scrubs - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - Micro Polish Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by nata1970

This is a good product. Just the right consistency. P8N8 scrub has similar fine bids like in this polish cream, however the P8N8 product feels more dry on the skin. This cream does perfect job exfoliating. However, it goes bad very quickly. I guess bcs of the packaging. I found Dermologica scrubs do better job with much better packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Hannahawesome

I loooove this. I love almost everything MUAC. This works really well and is well worth the price. I also love that it has ingredients to lighten/brighten skin tones, too. I'm using this in conjunction with their skin bleaching gel and lactc c cleansing scrub, and my results are amazing. Really evens out skin tone and is even lightening up my stubborn acne marks. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 11:53:00 AM More reviews by auntnett

I decided to try this based on the reviews here, although I've pretty much given up on scrubs for the past 10 years or so because use of them and exfoliating puffs had caused me to have a lot of broken capillaries. Admittedly, this is at least partly because of my overenthusastic use of them in trying to remove flaking caused by my seborrheic dermatitis before I knew that that was my problem. This sounded as if it was really finely textured, so I thought it might be more gentle if I was careful.

That is exactly what I found - it is exceptionally fine except for the larger green particles of licorice and mulberry, and they're large enough and widely dispersed enough that I can somewhat avoid them. That said, they don't feel scratchy as long as I am rubbing very gently - nothing like the apricot kernel scrubs, etc. of the past.

This scrub leaves my skins feeling and looking exceptionally smooth and deflaked but not too stripped, although I do have to be sure to moisture soon afterwards.

A cautionary note, when you think you have it rinsed off, rinse some more - I looked in a 8X magnifying mirror right after using it and could see some trace bits of the fine polish granules in the creases at the sides of my nose and a couple of other places, although it felt well-rinsed.

I've only used the scrub 3-4 times, but so far it's all good. Like all MUAC products, you won't like it if you like fancy packaging. It's a small, plain jar that seems expensive for $21, but it takes so little at a time, that that jar should last a good long while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by honu66

Bought this product and forgot all about it,since it is in such plain packaging, but oh does it do what it's supposed to do. It exfoliates and leaves your skin feeling so soft and clean feeling. After I washed my face, I put a small amount on my fingertips and started in circular motions on my cheeks, then forehead then chin and all over my face.
I basically scrubbed for about two minutes (no pain or discomfort, just feel the abrasive action), then rinsed off. My face felt so soft and clean.
No bumps, lumps or scaly skin patches to be seen. I had just fnished an acid treatment and I was waiting for the reminents of skin to fall off, but this took care of it w/o any inflammation or irritation. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After trying a sample of this I knew I needed the full size. It is simply the best micro-polish out there. It is very fine, not overly harsh and leaves my skin so smooth afterwards. My skin feels just so clean afterwards and it gets rid of any blackheads. Makes my make up just glide on and my face look healthy and fresh. If you get only one thing from MUAC you should consider this product. Not too expensivem around $20 for a 2 ounce jar that lasts quite a while. I will definitely buy this one again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by jaysf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a great manual exfoliator and I plan to use this one from now on until something better comes along. It gets my face very clean and the micro-crystals really remove any flakes on my skin. A definite staple in my weekly skincare regimen.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jillbanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This scrub has VERY fine crystals which makes is a great quality scrub! I hate scrubs that have big chunks b/c they really don't exfoliate well. This is a perfect scrub for mild exfoliation. I don't use it as much as I would like b/c I use Retin-A and also use the MUAC peels. If you are looking for a high quality microderm scrub, try this one out. It is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by MissPrincess88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great basic scrub! This scrub will leave your skin wonderfully soft and clean, but it's not likely to make a visible difference to any scarring, discoloration, etc. I didn't expect it to make a difference in that anyway, I just bought it to use in my skin care regimen along with the TCA 15 and 24%, Glycolic acid 50%, Gly-Luronic acid serum, and my everyday clearasil face wash. I don't have acne, and haven't in years. However, I do have some ugly scars, mainly on my cheeks. So, hopefully using all of these things together will make some sort of a positive difference. I definitely recommend this scrub, even if for nothing more than a weekly exfoliant (I use it pretty much everyday, because it's pretty gentle.) And, as stated before, this is a WONDERFUL post-peel scrub to get all those extra flakies off!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by lillyntally

I really liked this product a lot. The smell reminds me of sugar cookies and it seems to really get the job done without being overly abrasive. You can apply more product and get a deeper scrub if you apply more pressure. The packaging is good because it comes in a tub and you can get out every last bit. I had NO breakouts at all while using this product (that is really saying something btw) I would repurchase and probably will do so very soon!! Another good scrub that I could not find on this site to review was the Loreal Refinish for arms, chest and hands. I use this on my face. Found this stuff at Walmart for $15 and it works GREAT!!! It is pretty harsh, but for me that is a GOOD thing!! It has lightened some leftover acne marks and made my skin glow! Also great for post-peel.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 3:37:00 AM More reviews by formyiris

This is super effective at smoothing out the skin and removing the flaky dry spots. It's not harsh at all, and my skin is not irritated after use. I purchased 2 samples of this, and it looks like each sample will last me about 10 applications because you really only need a very small amount.

I will definitely purchase the full size when I am finished with my samples.