October 20, 2014 | 1185 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Sniffy50

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When you get your color shade correct, this is really a truly wonderful product. As a matter of fact, all of the products from Sheer Cover seems to be fantastic. I can't stand liquid foundation, I just can't tolerate it any more. As I spread that liquid across my face, I feel like I look like the joker. When I use sheer cover, it is so light and covers unlike any other mineral foundation I have tried. The whole shebang kit is great.

My only gripe, and it is a biggie- the fact that one has to go though obstacles to get your hands on this stuff. I usually turn to ebay because I hate dealing with the company. If they would sell this like bare minerals, I am sure their business would boom.

Like I said, extraordinary makeup. I always get complimented when I wear it. I work outside all day long. I wear this, it never melts. It looks better and better as the day goes. It doesn't even sweat of in the summer. But dear mauve, why is it so hard to get this stuff. I soooo wish they would do away with that damn order my mail crap and make it easily available.

I have slept in this, sunbathed in this (by the way, I sunbathed with this stuff on once, my whole body was sunburned but my face...so I know the spf holds up).

Well anyway, this is my favorite foundation of all time, but I just despise that I have to search ebay for what I need because I hate dealing with mail order club crap.

But the products are so good....guess I will just continue to go through the hurdles...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by janefrazer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is MEANT to cover flaws and minimise pores. It enlarges pores and wrinkles. It is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL I hate Sheer Cover.

Do not buy this product as you will be disappointed and broke.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Kaleido

So I got this for christmas a couple of years back and I still have left overs as I don't use foundation daily; but get this: I am tan/olive coloured and not even that dark - I got the "tan" set and it was too light for me o.O I can barely squeeze by with the darker concealer.

I think it's fairly good, I wouldn't throw it out (definitely not) and there are both pros and cons.

Pros:
+ It doesn't feel super heavy
+ It actually covers if you do it right

Cons:
- If your skin is dry, it doesn't look very good
- It doesn't really work to cover spots and your skin actually has to be "smooth" for it to work properly (i.e no bumps and dry skin). As I am struggling with spots this may not be the BEST cover up products but the places where I'm "smooth" (like red and dark spots) it covers very well.

This is not a product for acne sufferers, this would be for people with pigmentations and such.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by archtenshi66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My review on the kit (foundation, concealer, brushes, primer, mascara)
- cover okay, but not as smooth as everyday make ups jojoba formula or Bobbi browns mineral foundation.
- My skin filte moist and looked a little too glowing for my taste. I like more Matt satin look.
- got a lot of patching (looked horrible) by the end of the day (9-am-6pm)
- Over enfisized my pores and fine lines, that I usually don't even notice.
I prefer everyday minerals jojoba (shell blanc for my NC15) better because
- soft to mediem coverage and don't over enfisize my pores or fine lines
- they have a simple ingredient list.
- price $15
Bobbi brown mineral (extra light):
-light to medium light cover but is so very smooth and natural and light. No pores being enfisized at all.
- though a bit expensive $30-38 I think

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by autumn22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought a Sheer Cover Introductory VIP Kit from http://www.sheercover.co.uk.
Unfortunately it has not met any of my expectations or lived up to what it claims it can do. I am extremely disappointed because the products effectiveness was clearly misrepresented as being a good make-up that could improve the appearance of my skin. The make-up was low quality and did not in anyway glide over my skin or blend in to create a flawless look, in fact it applied awfully and resulted in a terrible patchy and flaky look. The free gift of Sheer Cover Sophisticate Face Palet did not fare much better and the Sheer Cover Studio Foundation Brush and extra length mascara are absolute atrocities.
I am awaiting a response from their customer services department but don’t hold much hope on a satisfactory response. Sheer cover has been a huge disappointment and I would 100% advise any potential customer to steer clear at all costs!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 More reviews by BeccahH

I tried this line before, but the brushes were crap & the coverage not quite as good as BE. Not bad, but not for people seriously interested in mineral makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Worst foundation ever I warn you do not buy this rubbish product it is a total scam and waste of money.
it breaks me out the coverage is horrible its got terrible ingredients that is bad for your skin it clogs your pores and breaks me out, shocking foundation!!! just dont go there it is horrible stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical about this brand because infomercial stuff in general is often not what it is advertised to be but decided to try it because I have used Proactiv with success for years from the same company. I ended up pleasantly surprised about this product. The foundation is great! The coverage is natural and does not feel heavy at all and the colors are a good match for my skin (fair w/yellow undertones). It did not break me out even though I am acne prone and did not itch like I had problems with Bare Escentuals causing. The price is competitive with other mineral foundations of this type also. The down side is it has a lower SPF (SPF 15) than some other mineral brands and it only comes in loose powder which I just don't prefer because it makes a mess.

I know people complain about the auto ship thing attached to the product but I don't find it a problem as I can change my preferences online so I don't receive too much/unwanted product.

Previously I had said that I didn't like this as much as Jane Iredale, but the more I use it the more I have learned to work with it and I can now get it looking just as good. I think the trick is to play with it because every mineral makeup is different and requires a different amount of buffing to get a good finish.

Update: I have since decided that I didn't want the auto ship and experienced what others have complained about. It's pretty tough to find anyone at their customer service who can help you. This in no way affects what I think about the effectiveness of the makeup, but it is a concern potential buyers should be aware of.

BEWARE: I recently tried this product again and it is now made in CHINA. I will not be purchasing this product again and have dropped the rating as a result. There have just been too many recalls of products made there for me to consider it safe. Especially since makeup is something people generally use every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by loverlover1328

*UPDATE*
There is a counter at Target Melbourne City where you can buy this, or a stall in Melbourne Central, or call them up!
---
I have given this high ratings because it is only $40 for a pot and that pot will last you at least 6 months of daily use, the packaging is normal for a mineral makeup (with the tray on top to control use) and it is the best mineral fdtn I've ever used.

I was introduced to this by my sister who likes to watch infomercials - was dubious to begin with but she said I could return it for a full refund so I went with it and am bloody glad I did! I have consistently returned to this (I use Golden) for the past 10 years. Usually when I get compliments on my skin its because I'm wearing this. I've tried a bunch of other minerals, including Young Blood, Laura Mercier, Jane Iredale, etc. Sheer Cover is best for yellow tones.

If you have oily skin, you'll really like this. SC looks better after it has time to melt in to your natural skin oils. I always wear this if I'm going out clubbing because it improves with hours of dancing! Zero fade. In the old days, I would sometimes get up after a night out and could honestly go out again. I buff it in with a Sigma F80. I go over the eyes and it doubles as eye primer, so eyeshadow lasts all night.
Golden is a gorgeous natural yellow colour, highly pigmented so don't overdo it or you'll look 'done up'. If this happens, spray your face with some setting water/spray. Tap excess off brush into the lid before you apply. Coverage is buildable so will go all the way up to full coverage and give you that airbrushed look. If you go up to full coverage you may want to do some contouring.
Dry skin may find it too dry unless you use a good emollient.
Be sure to buff it in to break down the minerals into your natural oils! Will not clog or break you out.

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Beige, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by LiviaJayne

This is THE WORST company in the world. I signed up for their "free" trial because I'm in college, and hey, its free. Too bad when I cancelled my account after receiving their horrible product that deserves to sit on the bottom of a land fill, they told me they had already sent another one and billed me $40. I cancelled my account and was assured this was the end of it. Too bad they just charged me another $30, saying the $40 was to cover shipping and handling, and there will be two more charges of $30. They want me to pay $130 for a SAMPLE.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No