Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 5/20/2014 10:57:00 AM

Wonderful - I'm sure the scent is not for everyone but I absolutely love it.Everything about this product feels really luxe and expensive considering its price point.
Non greasy, fast absorbing on the skin. I use it in my hair with deep conditioning treatments as an extra boost. It's a bit like a hot oil as I run the hot tap for a minute over a small sample bottle before applying to ends of my hair.

I ordered from the UK using the Nuxe website - really quick and secure delivery and lots of free mini samples.

on 5/20/2014 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Those with sensitive skin, beware! I tried out a small sample packet and had my eczema flare right up on my cheek within a couple of days. Otherwise it felt great and I didn't mind the smell (but was only using it at night).

on 4/28/2014 12:11:00 PM

I adore, adore, adore the scent and texture of this dry oil. It's an elegant, warm floral with jasmine, and my skin just drinks it up. The spray bottle is genius -- it puts out a fine mist that you just want to walk through. I massage three spritzes on my shoulders and decolletage and then run my palms over my hair to smooth away frizz.

At a Parisian pharmacie, I paid 19 (about $26 USD) for a 100g special edition black bottle featuring a gold drawing of a woman in a sundress and floppy hat.

on 2/20/2014 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

It doesn't get better than this!
Truly lives up to all its claims, at least for me it does. Love it in summer over my tan and love it in winter on dry skin. The scent is light. It does not linger, though I've read the reviews of others who write it does, however, with me this is not the case. I only wish it did because I find myself at times applying it for its fragrance. Hopefully its perfume version will become more readily available in the US in near future.
I sometimes wear it alone on my lips or a dab over lip color for a naturally looking sheen, not over the top shine which is fine for the younger set but not someone over 40. It's great on its own all over my face and neck as it is quickly absorbed, leaving me with a nice velvety feel. I also smooth it on lightly over a few strands of hair for its beautifully reflective effects.
It's a wonderful product, truly prodigious!

on 2/13/2014 12:03:00 PM

I have both the regular and the gold one and I *think* I like the regular one best, although the gold shimmer is nice on a summer evening.

It makes my skin feel so soft. The smell is divine. I like to apply this before crawling into bed. It feels so luxurious. Wonderful, wonderful product that really does deserve the hype.

on 2/5/2014 7:00:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have average skin which has just started to get slightly dry in the winter.

I have been using the stuff when I shower at the gym because I have carpet in my bathroom and the oil was really messing with it. This is one thing to consider - the spray is kind of like a vapor/mist so it's not hard to get it all over your bathroom -it sprays like perfume, but it's oil so it will make things oily.

ANYHOW

That aside, it's lovely stuff. Very moisturising, sinks in really well. Has a subtle fragrance that I don't love but it's gentle and non-obtrusive so I don't mind it at all. It's really convenient for the gym as I just spray it on and rub it in slightly (much quicker than lotion) and go. The packaging is quite fun in that it's a clear glass bottle so it feels a bit fancy. It's heavy though, so slightly inconvenient for my gym bag. Would look great on your make up desk though. I just ran out and have re-purchased.

I used to get this in Paris when I went on trips but I see Marks & Spencer is now selling a whole range of Nuxe!

I absolutely love this oil. My best friend bought this for me as a Christmas present because I've been wanting it for so long but didn't purchase it because of the price. I tried it first as a hair oil - I applied it after towel-drying my shampooed hair, and I found that it made my hair quite greasy-looking. Maybe I applied too much - I will have to try again with a smaller quantity. I haven't tried using the oil on my face because I have sensitive skin and the perfume is quite strong. My favourite way to use this oil is definitely on my body after showering - I spray the oil liberally all over my arms, legs and chest and my skin absorbs the oil more quickly than a body lotion, and it leaves my skin feeling SO soft and silky for hours - not to mention, smelling great! I am really impressed and will definitely continue purchasing this oil. I would especially use this oil on my body before wearing a dress in the summer (that will show my legs, arms, and cleavage) and before going into bed with a lover ;)

on 12/14/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I finally bought this oil after having seen it in the old BlissLabs catalogs for years. I didn't really need it but I've wanted it for years because it looked so luxurious and fancy.

This is a nice product, especially if you like dry oils. While this works well on skin, I find it works better as a hair oil. My hair is naturally very curly, frizzy, thick but very fine. I straighten it often which is quite drying so I always need something to smooth out the inevitable frizzies that pop up and to add moisture. So many hair oils either leave my hair too oily or don't do much at all. The Nuxe oil sinks right and leaves my hair feeling super soft.

The only reason I took off one lippie is because I cannot abide the smell of this oil. I know loads of people think it smells divine but I just don't like it. Because of that, I limit my usage which is a shame because it is an excellent oil that moisturizes better than any other dry oil I've used before. It is somewhat expensive (I believe this retails for $30 for 3.3 oz) but I think it's well worth every penny.

on 12/12/2013 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After showering, conditioning and detangling my hair, I add several drops to my damp hair, smoosh it through and go to bed. I wake up with frizz-free, perfectly mussed wavy hair that looks purposeful.

For reference: my hair is thick - fine in texture - naturally wavy/curly - color-treated.

I think it smells divine, and yes there are many oils that are cheaper from the health-food store that do work nicely, but I tend to treat my skin and hair delicately, so I prefer to spend a bit more and spoil myself. Also, I find that this doesn't leave me overtly greasy, and it doubles as a nice body moisturizer when I travel.

on 12/9/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been an addict of this oil, and the one with the bronzing flecks, for years. I wear this every single day and especially when I go out at night with bare legs. It is gorgeous on the skin and the smell is amazing. Works really well for me. Even my 3-year old daughter loves it and asks when she will be old enough to wear lots of it like me!

I've never used it in my hair and i have coarse, curly dark hair.

Here in France we have the parfum as well, this makes such a luxurious ritual in the mornings or before a night out :-)

Popular Lotions / Creams