Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 2/5/2014 7:00:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have average skin which has just started to get slightly dry in the winter.

I have been using the stuff when I shower at the gym because I have carpet in my bathroom and the oil was really messing with it. This is one thing to consider - the spray is kind of like a vapor/mist so it's not hard to get it all over your bathroom -it sprays like perfume, but it's oil so it will make things oily.

ANYHOW

That aside, it's lovely stuff. Very moisturising, sinks in really well. Has a subtle fragrance that I don't love but it's gentle and non-obtrusive so I don't mind it at all. It's really convenient for the gym as I just spray it on and rub it in slightly (much quicker than lotion) and go. The packaging is quite fun in that it's a clear glass bottle so it feels a bit fancy. It's heavy though, so slightly inconvenient for my gym bag. Would look great on your make up desk though. I just ran out and have re-purchased.

I used to get this in Paris when I went on trips but I see Marks & Spencer is now selling a whole range of Nuxe!

I absolutely love this oil. My best friend bought this for me as a Christmas present because I've been wanting it for so long but didn't purchase it because of the price. I tried it first as a hair oil - I applied it after towel-drying my shampooed hair, and I found that it made my hair quite greasy-looking. Maybe I applied too much - I will have to try again with a smaller quantity. I haven't tried using the oil on my face because I have sensitive skin and the perfume is quite strong. My favourite way to use this oil is definitely on my body after showering - I spray the oil liberally all over my arms, legs and chest and my skin absorbs the oil more quickly than a body lotion, and it leaves my skin feeling SO soft and silky for hours - not to mention, smelling great! I am really impressed and will definitely continue purchasing this oil. I would especially use this oil on my body before wearing a dress in the summer (that will show my legs, arms, and cleavage) and before going into bed with a lover ;)

on 12/14/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I finally bought this oil after having seen it in the old BlissLabs catalogs for years. I didn't really need it but I've wanted it for years because it looked so luxurious and fancy.

This is a nice product, especially if you like dry oils. While this works well on skin, I find it works better as a hair oil. My hair is naturally very curly, frizzy, thick but very fine. I straighten it often which is quite drying so I always need something to smooth out the inevitable frizzies that pop up and to add moisture. So many hair oils either leave my hair too oily or don't do much at all. The Nuxe oil sinks right and leaves my hair feeling super soft.

The only reason I took off one lippie is because I cannot abide the smell of this oil. I know loads of people think it smells divine but I just don't like it. Because of that, I limit my usage which is a shame because it is an excellent oil that moisturizes better than any other dry oil I've used before. It is somewhat expensive (I believe this retails for $30 for 3.3 oz) but I think it's well worth every penny.

on 12/12/2013 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After showering, conditioning and detangling my hair, I add several drops to my damp hair, smoosh it through and go to bed. I wake up with frizz-free, perfectly mussed wavy hair that looks purposeful.

For reference: my hair is thick - fine in texture - naturally wavy/curly - color-treated.

I think it smells divine, and yes there are many oils that are cheaper from the health-food store that do work nicely, but I tend to treat my skin and hair delicately, so I prefer to spend a bit more and spoil myself. Also, I find that this doesn't leave me overtly greasy, and it doubles as a nice body moisturizer when I travel.

on 12/9/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been an addict of this oil, and the one with the bronzing flecks, for years. I wear this every single day and especially when I go out at night with bare legs. It is gorgeous on the skin and the smell is amazing. Works really well for me. Even my 3-year old daughter loves it and asks when she will be old enough to wear lots of it like me!

I've never used it in my hair and i have coarse, curly dark hair.

Here in France we have the parfum as well, this makes such a luxurious ritual in the mornings or before a night out :-)

on 11/21/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm writing this review for Prodigieuse as a HAIR oil, because that it primarily what I had bought it for. I've tried skin oils with a good result, so I wanted a nice hair oil. Bought the 50ml original version for AU $28.

Hair type:
Normal to dry in winter, very fine, affected by humidity, not using any other products whilst I try this (except for my shampoo, which has less than 10 ingredients and is natural)

Trialling:
- First tried this on my dry hair. 3-4 drops only, massaged between my palms. However, I ended up with a huge greaseball. My hair is very fine, but I had thought with the 'dry' aspect of the oil, would not be a problem. It really did not seem to be working, and was really hard to distribute through the ends of my hair (even with a fine comb).

- Then tried this on hair after it had been washed and towel dried. Seemed to work much better for me. Again, I only used about 3-4 drops and combed it through. However, after my hair had completely dried, although it didn't feel greasy, my hair was quite lank.

Results:
Does make my hair softer, but only for the day after using. Also makes my hair puffy, which is unwanted - was really hoping this could combat humidity and it doesn't for me.

Packaging:
The 50ml version doesn't come with a spray, which does make it harder to distribute the product. But really the bottle is great, much nicer glass than unenvironmental plastic. Stopper on bottle prevents oil from leaking so I've never had problems with it.

Size/Value:
Glad I got the 50ml, because I can see that by just using less than 5 drops at a time, this will last me a while. I would have trialled the mini sample bottle if I had a chance though. I didn't think this was that expensive compared to other hyped oils, so I would suggest at least giving it a try.

Overall:
Want to see if it will work like a hair mask before shampooing. But overall it hasn't really worked for what I wanted. I can feel that it makes my hands soft when I apply it to my hair, so I don't think this is wasted. Because it hasn't worked for me on hair, I am going to try it on legs for a bit of 'glow' when I go out. I am a bit disappointed that it didn't work, but am going to keep trying this and update if I find any useful method. Obviously having fine hair it was always going to be uncertain if this worked, but I did have some hopes for it as a dry oil. I may have to try something specific to hair, so if anyone has any reccommendations, let me know. I would tentatively buy this again at the moment, but this might change with an update.

on 11/7/2013 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have tried many other oil sprays, dry oil sprays, etc.
I've tried things made especially for the body, especially for dry skin, especially for hair — none work as well as this multi-usage dry oil. Really. I have been repurchasing this for a while, and this is amazing. I have very dry skin and eczema, and I barely need to use any of this to make my skin feel hydrated and awesome. I really like it. I also use it on my hair; however, I'd recommend using it on very dry hair that needs a boost, or on your hair when it's wet/damp, after a shower — that way, your hair won't be terribly oily.

It's amazing, I am absolutely enamoured by this product. Highly recommended.

on 11/2/2013 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love how this smells! I wish there was a matching perfume oil or something like that. I know in France there is a Parfum available but haven't seen it in US or Canada yet. The scent of the oil is warm, sophisticated, floral-y (like camellia, gardenia and jasmine) but not cloying and unfortunately the scent doesn't really last past 30-60 minutes. Although maybe that's a good thing if you are sensitive to scent. It soaks right in and leaves skin and hair soft without any gross greasy feel. A little bit really does go a long way!

I use a few drops in my hair after I shampoo, as a leave in. Or on my legs/arms in the summer mixed with some shimmery bronzer stuff. Or as an after-bath oil. Pretty much anywhere for anything. The bottle is on the small side but this really does last forever. I had the large bottle and now using the smaller 50 mL and have had it for months. The only downside is my larger bottle came with the spray top so you can mist it on your hair or skin but the smaller one you just pour out. I'm not sure if it's still sold this way, but regardless it's a lovely product.

I've heard lots of people use it to: mix with foundation instead of tinted moisturiser for glow-y skin, as a facial oil, massage, for dry cuticles, for scalp massage, etc etc . .. I don't think it is super moisturising if you have severely dry skin though, you will probably need a lotion or body butter on top.

Would recommend this to anyone if it's in your budget.. Realistically you can use just about any oil and get these same benefits - jojoba oil, argan oil etc. However I do love the scent and since the majority of fragrances give me migraines I feel this is one of those "treat" products for me.

on 10/23/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

A great face oil. I love face and body oils.

I got into the face oils with Josie Maran Argan, and then I bought this. I love both.

Noticed this oil is mostly Jojoba oil, Safflower Oil and Vitamin E with perfumes. Can buy for much much less than purchasing the NUXE brand.

Will use what I have, and then mix my own

Right now I have a good selection of oils, Argan, Emu, Rosehip, pure aloe vera, and the NUXE all which hydrate my face and hands, some act as serums others as fantastic moisturizers.

on 9/14/2013 5:59:00 AM

I put this product on this morning, 12 hours later as I'm writing this review I can still smell the fragrance of the oil on my skin, lovely and subtle. I have been using this oil for about 4 months and I really do like it. This is the first bottle I have ever purchased ah the joys of internet shopping and reasonable international postage ! I have used dry oils in the past , Neutrogena being one and this product is by far my favourite. I adore the smell , I love how its glides onto the skin and soaks in without leaving any residue . I spray it into my body lotions for a extra bit of humph and spray it directly onto my skin and it doubles as a lovely fragrance. The effects last all day , for me anyway , and I have had no reactions what so ever. I have sprayed into my hands , a kind of half squirt and then run my hands through the bottom part of my hair, just to see how it was. Not bad, wouldn't say its on par with any of my actual hair products but the smell was nice. I'm not convinced I would put it on my face but saying that I have patted my hands onto my face (we have just gone through winter) after I have rubbed oil onto my arms , legs etc. I opted for the larger bottle with the spray pump and have found it easy to use, please note the smaller bottles you pour out the oil, it might not be as practical or economical I have been using this daily and I'm about one third way through so I have found this to be very good value actually. I also bought a hand cream so will make sure I write a review for that too. I would recommend this and it will certainly be a gift from me to some friends who I know will love it. It is a lovely product , leaves your skin supple and soft and personally I'm in the camp that loves the smell . This will defiantly be a repurchase and yes I would recommend. I see this product lasting about 12 months after essentially daily use, you really do not need much, so good value .Its a bit of luxury and in my experience a product that does what it says it does.