October 20, 2014 | 1561 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a trial size of this mascara so it looks a bit different from the original packaging. Mine is a regular mascara tube in dark purple color with fishnet stocking pattern and white print. A nice packaging. The wand is quite long and thick. Makes my lashes look longer and fuller. Quite a good mascara! Used it with the lash primer from Tarte and then it works even better!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

This mascara, in the regular formula, doesn't work for my "Asian" (short, thin, point straight down) lashes. I like the initial effect on my lashes, but it doesn't hold the curl and my lashes droop pretty shortly after application. It doesn't seem that special to me though, and it was similar to a Neutrogena mascara that drugstore.com sent as a bonus with purchase several years ago. When I tried it, I remember thinking it was a nice formula that coated my lashes very nicely, but it would smudge when my eyes teared. This Tarte mascara feels and looks the same way going on, coating my lashes very nicely, even with a very simlar brush to the Neutrogena. I don't think you need to pay $19 for this mascara. I'm not crazy about the purple, bulky packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I got this for $10 a the Ulta 21 days of beauty. It is ok. It is more on the natural side, but gave me soft fluttery lashes and left me bright eyed like I like. But there is no way I would pay full price for this mascara when there are so many just as good if not better options at the drugstore. It actually reminded me of Cover Girl's Super Thick Lash mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this during Ulta's 21 days of beauty. I bought it during my lunch break, and immediately applied it in the car's rearview mirror. I'm not a big mascara person, so I'm not usually wowed by mascara. But, Wow! It applied so smoothly without clumps, lengthened, and left a smooth black sheen. My lashes look full, separated, and healthy with length. Normally, I don't wear mascara on a daily basis. However, since I've perfected my version of a minimalist, nude look, I've been wanting to add something to emphasize my eyes. However, I'm reluctant to wear mascara only a daily basis because it dries out your lashes. What changed my mind about daily wear is the fact that this one supposedly has nourishing ingredients, and they don't look dry and brittle while wearing like it does with most mascaras. My lashes have such a healthy sheen, this would be a very pretty and easy add to my look. However, I would only repurchase during a sale like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by strawberrygrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good mascara!! It doesn't get clumpy; it fully coats and separates the lashes so it gives a false lashes effect. For some reason I felt that the sample one I got from Sephora did a better job than the full priced one, but its still great!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Lau731

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to say I'm a mascara junkie. I was blown away by the sample of this mascara. Left long, plush fluttery lashes. I ran and got the full size and in pretty sure it's not even close to the sample. Didnt impress me at all and dried out extremely fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by reniecpa

I got this as a freebie with my Sephora Beauty Insider points and I'm SO glad I did! I will def buy this mascara again! I have sensitive eyes and cannot use ANY drugstore brand, unfortunately, and I've tried them all. So I have to buy more expensive mascaras.

In the past a couple of my favorites have been Lancome Definicils (which is great) and the DiorShow, DiorShow Blackout, and DiorShow New Look. With the exception of the 'New Look', all the Diors smudge something terrible on me no matter what kind of foundation I wear.

This stuff....I have never been as amazed by a mascara! It doesn't clump at ALL. It isn't goopy. It adds both volume AND length, and doesn't get clumpy even after 3 coats! It's sort of a dry formula, but doesn't flake and it stays put ALL DAY long. It leaves your lashes soft, not crunch & spidery looking like a lot of lenghtening mascaras.

I'm just so glad I discovered this sort of by accident, otherwise I probably never would have tried it. I will definitely pruchase this when my sample runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amazing. I was born with really thick hair and long, thick lashes, but over the years my hair has thinned out and my eyelashes have gotten sparser, due to weight loss. My eyelashes are now what you would probably consider as average, maybe still slightly thick. In any case they are not what they once were. I was able to wear eyeliner and shadow with no mascara in the past, or with any drugstore mascara as long as it didn't smudge. Now I need to wear a good mascara in order to look decent and not tired. I've tried a number of mascaras and I've had very good success with this one from Tarte. It is a good "all around" mascara because it lengthens, thickens and darkens without smudging, smearing, running or flaking. I personally like a good balance of volume and length. I hate mascaras that make my lashes long and spidery without volume. I also avoid mascaras that are unpleasant to apply or wear-- anything that smears, clumps, smudges, runs, feels crunchy, waxy or is difficult to remove. Eyelashes are easy to damage, and many mascaras are rough on eyelashes. This mascara is more expensive than most, but it's much more pleasant to apply and wear than most mascaras. It is gentle and doesn't damage your eyelashes. The brush is also not difficult to use and it does not make a big mess. It makes my lashes fluttery and thick, like I have falsies on. It works best when the tube is fresh, once you open it and it starts to dry out, it becomes less effective. This is true for any mascara though. Tarte Lights Camera Lashes is definitely my HG mascara. It is expensive (since you have to replace it so often), but worth the price if you are someone who wears mascara everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I really never buy high-end mascaras because I feel like they are a waste of money. I received a full size of this in a kit and wow. I am super impressed. I am not a packaging person, but the packaging is so nice.

The formula is great and the brush is traditional. I normally hate traditional brushes because they don't seem to grab my lashes or do anything, but this one is vastly different. I am not sure what it is, but it grabs everyone and makes my lashes look long and very full. Two coats and I was seriously impressed. I had no clumping issues or smearing or flaking. The formula isn't wet or dry, its in the middle.

I am fairly new to Tarte but I am in love with their products so far. Very hard to please me with mascaras and foundations, but I am sold on theirs. Natural and chemical free, I am happy happy :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

I received this mascara as part of a kit and I wonder if it goes bad quickly. I didn't use the mascara in the kit right away it was a month or so before I tried it. It seemed like the formula was dried up and clumpy so it didn't lengthen or give volume to my lashes at all... just flaked everywhere. This stuff was actually the consistency of mud. Won't purchase this item.