December 21, 2014 | 914 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this mascara as a sample from Sephora. I didn't use it for a while since I still had a Too Faced Lashgasm mascara (which I do not like at all... the container fell apart and it was very clumpy). Lights, Camera, Lashes is really fabulous (and I am very picky about mascaras). It goes on without clumps and lengthens my lashes. The color is very dark and the packaging isn't messy. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by missileme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara in a QVC Tarte special I ordered about 3 months ago. After about 2
months of use I noticed my eyelashes were thinning and falling out in places. They used to be very long and full and now I have several almost bald patches. The only thing I can think of what caused that is mascara. Prior to using this mascara I never had that problem. I've stopped using this mascara and tossed it away. Also the packaging isn't that great because the leather came unglued on my mascara cap and fell off. Do not recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's pretty decent, and decidedly better than other higher quality mascaras but my test run of it did not convince me to switch from my current favorite....yet.

I purchased the $10 travel size at Sephora because I was in need of a compact makeup carry on for a trip, and they were out of the travel sized version of my current HG, Too-Faced Better Than Sex mascara.

This is a nice dark tint and gave me very decent length, but was lacking in the bulk/thickness that I prefer. Also, they didn't have the waterproof version in travel size so I was sort of bummed about it disappearing after a few hours on me. It didn't look messy at all, which was nice, but it just didn't give me volume.

I do think it's better than Lancome and Dior, but it's not any better than the L'Oreal Miss Manga, and definitely not like my Too-Faced. But, I'm going to throw down some $$ and buy the full-size waterproof and check that one out.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by spooji

For sure it volumizes and it's VERY black in color. BUT it clumps when applying and smudges as the day goes by. The formula is right in between dry and liquidy and it feels nice when applying but smudges to much.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by bribrilupe

This stuff is straight..it was a few clumps..but u do see volume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this at 50% off during a sale at Utla some time ago. The only negative about this mascara is the packaging because it's just so bulky. But the formula, brush and application is very nice. It is a dark black mascara that gives me volume and length. It can clump if you put too many coats on, but this always give my lashes a dramatic, yet wearable on a daily basis, look. I noticed that the $10 deluxe sample size is sold at Ulta in the front register area(similar to the Benefit They're Real sample size). If you want to try it out -- I would get that one -- then just wait for a sale. I don't think I'd pay $20 for this -- let alone any mascara -- but this is a great one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yeeeeeessss.
Volume. Super blackness. Lengthening for days.
The brush is big and sort of stiff, so application can be difficult if you are in a rush. If you're not careful, this stuff can get all over the place.
But that's where the negatives end.
It's unbelievably volumizing, which is needed on my sadly thin lashes. I don't need help in the length department, but this provides it anyway. My lashes are huge and long and deep, pure black.
The formula is neither wet nor dry. It works perfectly with the brush to separate and add definition while still building perfect volume. And it's mighty buildable.
Holds up well in heat and humidity, but doesn't require a demolition crew to remove.
It's on the pricier end of the cost spectrum, but it's not so bad that I wouldn't go back for more.
And can we just discuss for a moment how adorable the packaging is?! The snakeskin-print embossing on the dark metallic tube is just too dang cute for words.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Great for everyday or as a lash conditioner. Light and matte, can be flakey but I guess it's not exactly meant for clubbing XD one of my favorite mascara a.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Tinamariearnold

I agree with the reviews. It is very heavy and clumpy, but it makes your eye lashes look thick. It would be perfect for someone with already full lashes. It was not good for my thin, long and blonde lashes because of the formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by LisaJansen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The main reason I bought this mascara was because I needed to spend $10 more at sephora online in order to get free shipping on my total order, so I ordered this in the mini size to my cart for $10. I also liked that it was a small size of mascara because we all know we're supposed to throw mascara out after 3 months or so, and having a small size means I will get to use it all before throwing away. So, I do like that this mascara doesn't clump, and it does make my lashes look better than if I weren't wearing mascara. But it just doesn't give me the length or volume that I get from my usual mascaras that I use (LancĂ´me Hypnose Star, Hypnose Drama, Defincils). I won't be repurchasing after the 3 months is up.