Mavala Nail Hardener

4.5

Water, Formaldehyde, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chamomile Extract, Garlic Extract, Cocamide DEA, Pine Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Lemon Oil, FD&C Blue #

on 7/31/2011 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find this helpful, my nail was in terrible condition before and I was so desperate that I quickly ran to mavala counter and religiously follow what the counter sales told me to do. Luckily I did cos my nails is better now, and I'm only using this once in a while - actually only when my nail start drying and breaking again ^-^ cos it will make cuticles hard too.
But I like this. Will def repurchase - if it ever finish

on 1/28/2011 8:23:00 AM

I was so excited to get this after all of the wonderful reviews, but alas, it was not to be. I gave it a fair shot by using it for at least a month and also following the directions carefully. My nails became drier and more brittle than before. My nails went back to their original weak and fragile state as soon as I stopped using it. Will not buy again, did not work for me :(

on 12/10/2010 6:37:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this product based on the reviews here, and I'm really happy and satisfied so far.

First, my nails: they are short, they chip a LOT so they never grow AT ALL. They just DONT GROW, is sooo annoying.

Things I've tried: I tried many many diferent multivitamins to see if my nails would grow longer and harder but no. I've been taking collagens pills everyday for a looong time. I've tried to eat meat everyday, because the doctor said that would help. BUT NO, NO, NO. NOTHING SOLVED MY PROBLEM. I've tried Formaldehyde on my base and applied once a day. I've tried so many diferent things. But my nails would be the same, weak, weak and super short!!!!!!!

Then I told myself, this would be THE LAST thing I was going to try (and Im glad I did). So I started applying this TWICE a day, only applying on the tip of my nails and protecting my cuticles with a cream,butter. I've been doing that for 20 days now, except for 4 days that I had nail polish on. So far the results are awesome, my nails grow reaaally slow but THEY'RE NOT CHIPPING ANYMORE!!!!!
IT'S AWESOME. I already have that white strip (i never had that before, because they would stop growing and chip),
This product DID WHAT IT CLAIMED TO DO:
Stop my nails from chipping and make them harder!!

I'M SO HAPPY, Im never gonna stop using this!!!!!
And now im gonna try sally hansen nail growth to see if they grow faster!!!!

WARNING: This stuff is STRONG, so protect your cuticles with a good cream or oitment, now im using LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. Otherwhise this will dry your cuticles like CRAZY!

on 9/29/2010 2:27:00 PM

I'd definitely recommend this product! My nails have always flaked and chipped. Sally Hansen products never worked. It took a while for my nails to harden (over 2 months) using Mavala but now I have to file them to keep them the length I want.

on 9/4/2010 4:37:00 AM

This is one of my top beauty essentials of the last few years, right up there with skin primer and MAC brushes.

Unfortunately I was born with very weak, brittle nails.

I had a thin layer of acrylic on my nails for many years, enabling me to have hands I didn't constantly have to try to hide, while handing over money in a shop..... or... well let's face it - when don't you use your hands?

I stopped the acrylic,when it became expensive, and impractical, while I was at university and my nails reverted back to their stumpy,flakey,papery and even more damaged state (thanks to the acrylic).

I've tried the Sally Hansen's (and their brethren) of nail polish like top coats and every one have failed dismally! I tried the nail vitamins which made me very nauseous.
Frustrated at watching my husband soak his finger nails in water, in order to be able to cut them (they are titanium strong!), I was finally spurred into action.

I read a review of Mavala Nail Hardener and was hopeful, but skeptical. It has formaldehyde in it (which is banned in Australia), so I purchased it cheaply for $6.00 (postage included) on ebay. Firstly so I could get my hands on it, secondly to bin it without a lot of financial loss when it failed.

I started my journey with freshly clipped nails, filed them, pushed the cuticles back and gave them a good fighting chance and off I went. I followed the directions (which others have covered), let the light blue liquid disappear into my nails (I apply Mavala from the tip to about half way down my nail) and then go about my business.

It has been about five weeks (just over a month now) and I can say with absolute astonishment that my precious little bottle of Mavala has a permanent place in my beauty repertoire!

My nails feel again like I have the light acrylic coating I once paid so much money, time and energy to acquire. I have to file them every three days to maintain the mid length I prefer, and I can barely remember that my nails split, flaked and broke if the wind changed! Plus - My husband and I can soak side by side now..... isn't that an added bonus?

Mavala nail hardener.... strengthens your nails and your marriage -Sigh!!

on 8/31/2010 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the best!! Only product I have tried that will make my paper thin nails strong and healthy!

It's a clear blue fluid that is easily absorbed and doesn't leave anything on the nail.
I use it once a day for two weeks and then a couple of times a week. It works best with a good nail oil, since it can be a bit dehydrating for the nails.
After one month with this nail strengthener and nail oil, my nails have gone from short brittle stumps to beautiful nails. Love it!

on 3/14/2010 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my third bottle of this (over about 4 years), I just love it and luckily I haven't experienced brittleness or flaking.

The first time I used the product I applied it twice a day for a week all over and under my nail, then switched to using the correct instructions until the bottle was empty. From then on, I've rarely had to use it (actually only on my 3rd bottle because I spilled one) as my nails have continued to to be so much stronger. Prior to using this my nails split and flaked and were extremely soft and flexible. This makes my nails hard, but not too hard and is much easier to use than the polish type, where you apply it for so many days, then remove it and start again, as it just absorbs straight into the nail.

Now, I only use it when I feel my nails are a bit soft and I still don't quite use it as per the instructions, I use it for about 3 days in a row, twice a day over my whole nail, just when I feel that my nails are becoming soft, and that usually does the job for me.

Love.Love.LOVE this product. It is 4% formeldehyde, not mostly form as others have mentioned. The concentration is considered high though in comp. to other cosmetics products. If you use ANY other nail treatment with form. in it then you should use only 1 at a time or overdrying will occur. Also use this 2-3 times a week at most. I have used this for about 2 months. I use a hydrating base coat in addition to this- nothing with extra protein or hardeners. I apply this to more than just the tips of my nails, but rarely, i have noticed it works better this way for me.
Due to this product i was able to FINALLY get really long nails, and they just do not break, they are hard but not brittle.

this is not a polish or base coat, instead it is in an actual treatment that is absorbed by the nail.

1 bottle lasts about a year if used according to directions, do *look* at your nails and use more sparingly when you see they are getting hard or brittleness will occur.

on 11/18/2009 9:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

FYI product contains 4.5% formaldehyde - that is why it works and it works very well. Make sure to use it as directed...

on 11/3/2009 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

So far i'm liking this. My nails are already firm and in good shape so i didnt NEED this to strengthen its more like a maintainance method i thought i'd try. i like that this is a light liquid which although blue in color dries clear and vanishes almost immediately (provided you use sparingly) unpon application. i also like how unlike other nail treatments its not like a polish you need to put on every other day and then take off, it literally just absorbs in the nail you apply as often as directed. I think i can say it has helped add reinforcement to the strength my nails already have and it seems like it'll last ages. a 5ml bottle is apparently a years supply but i can see this lasting longer

update nov 09. i ADORE this magic blue stuff, its saved me from numerous potential breaks. my nails have had a few shakes that im sure would've broken em had it not been for my use of this. :).

This is the ONLY product ive found thats put an end to my splitting nails along the surface/root corners of my nails. 5 stars, i'd give 10 if it could make em indestrucatable to ever ever breaking

Popular Treatments