October 20, 2014 | 973 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lipstick in Creme de la Femme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

So cute color on my NC30 skin. Pink and a hint of purple with gold shimmer (pearl should I say?) I like it a lot, its different enough than Angel.
Goes well with my olive undertones, unlike Snob, which clashed with my coloring.
I like the name too, lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by aznlau22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

this is a gorgeous purpleish pinkinsh metallic shimmery color!! my first mac product and i love it! i never bought a purple lip stick color before and this is excellent for everyday wear!.. though i wanted the hello kitty lip stick in fashion mews which is such a pretty lavender it was sold out so i bought this instead. worth it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by kmae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really disappointed with this lipstick because when I tried this on in the store the color looked a lot brighter. I guess it was due to the lighting. I still like the color but I wanted something bold and this just doesn't cut for me. I will more than likely use this as an everyday lipstick. Before applying this l/s I need to use a lip balm because the formula is really drying. I love the staying power. This is my first frost l/s from MAC and it does an awesome job staying on my lips after eating and drinking. Overall, I would buy this product again it's a beautiful color, it kind of reminds of the burt's bees lip shimmer in the watermelon shade but it's frosty and more pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by vintagem

This is a gorgeous pink-violet with gold shimmers. I disagree with those who says it can't be worn for the day - I don't find it to be particularly frosty or over the top for daytime. I wouldn't wear it in an office environment, but shopping etc. is fine.

It's not really more pink or more violet; to me, it's the perfect mixture of both spectrums. The gold shimmer definitely gives it a kick! It kind of reminds me of Cultured lipglass, but with a hint more of pink.

Frosty? Yes. Barbie? Eh...maybe. Buy again? Definitely!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by anglomania86

I do like this lipstick. It's a frost and is a pink colour with a slight Violet undertone, don't let the purple put you off though because I only noticed it after I swatched it next to Lovelorn which is a much paler baby pink. It has very fine particles of gold shimmer in it too and like all MAC lipsticks smells heavenly. I can never buy any other lipstick now because the vanilla scent is genius- hate that gross waxy lipsticky smell you can get with so many other brands!
I think this is quite wearable for the everyday, daytime look because it's not very bright on me at all. I like wearing a neutral gloss over the top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, this is so PRETTY! Creme De La Femme, Snob, and Plum-like are as purple-based/berry pinks as I go.

This is definitely NOT just straight up pink, as it does have a bit of purple-berry which makes this best-suited for cool skin. It varies from light-medium berry pink, depending on application. I see gold flecks in this lipstick, but I don't see it is applied. I <3 this, and it's great for an everyday lipstick. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Peacelover18

TNW15

his is a vibrant pink laced with gold shimmer in a frost finish. It looks gorgeous in the tube, and it's great for that Barbie-pink look. However, the frostiness of the gold shimmer makes it difficult to pair with many eye colors. When paired with vibrant eyeshadows, it tends to look way too overdone. Overall, I don't love it, so I won't be buying it again, but it could probably work for someone else.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Foomph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this color. I asked the s/a for a "bright frosted barbie-pink" and this is what she gave me. I tried it on and was in love! It stays on beautifully (I'm used to MAC's lustre formulas) and the color stays true on my lips. I really need blue-based lip colors and this is one. I have fair skin, blonde hair and grey eyes. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2007 1:24:00 PM More reviews by babypink11

I love this color but dont wear it often unless i dress up and go out because its a really bright pink but it lookssss soooo good! u can make it look almost a light pale pink of pack it on to make it look like a bright light pink color. Goes well with smokey dramatic eyes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 10:31:00 AM More reviews by shellbell090702

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't wear this lipstick often because it is sometimes hard to wear without looking too frosty (think of the old lady on "There's Something About Mary"), but with lots of experimenting, I found that when I'm in the mood for a pinky, purple"y" lip, I use a plum liner (Origins has a great one) with CDLF over that and the best gloss over it (and I have a lot of glosses!) is MAC's Cultured. It has a 60's feel without the frostiness.