September 23, 2014 | 1004 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by graciesooah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an OK everyday cleanser. Doesn't help with acne, doesn't help with oil and doesn't help preventing breakouts. Although I only used this for 3 weeks- 1 month, I had to change to a different cleanser because I felt like I could be doing something good for my skin with other cleansers. I would recommend to people who are looking for a gentle, everyday cleanser or to just get rid of redness

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Yk223

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It cleans your face without giving you a tight feeling.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After the formula was apparently changed (made harsher) of the organic liquid soap I've used for a couple of years on my face, meaning that I can no longer use it on my face or even my hands, I am having trouble this summer finding a cleanser that my skin does not react badly to.

I am not sure why products that are marketed for "sensitive" skin seem to be anything but mild and gentle -- containing fragrance, essential oils, multiple chemical preservatives, a potpourri of herbs, etc., but they often do.

I have begun to get perioral dermatitis (a red, bumpy rash about 1 inch wide around both sides of the mouth) when a product doesn't agree with me, and this usually flares up with only one exposure to the offending product.

This Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser instantly affected my skin for the worse - with one wash, my skin was dry and tight all over - even on my cheeks. The perioral dermatitis that was fading away after being caused by a different new cleanser last week flamed right back up again within 5 minutes of rinsing this cleanser off. It's a definite "no" for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by roodledoodle

Surprisingly, for a cleanser that is not meant to target acne it does a pretty good job of reducing breakouts and clearing my complexion. I have been on accutane, topical creams, etc and this has always been my go to face wash. It is great to use in combination with topical acne creams and isn't overly drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupandcupcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MY FAVORITE CLEANSER EVER! I love it! It is calming and doesn't make my skin itch and give me acne and problems. The scent is relaxing and it really cleans my face without over cleaning. It leaves my skin my smooth and soft. If I had acne or pimple, I would use this and it would clear my skin in 3-4 days of use depending on how much acne or pimples you may have though. I really recommend this for everyone especially teens. The only thing I don't like is that sometimes the pump can get Broken and not pump anything so be careful! Overall I really like it and really recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

I absolutely love this stuff. I have very fair skin with slight redness, and this helps. But what I love is the convenience of the pump, and the way it makes my skin feel SO CLEAN. For those who say it doesn't clean well, keep in mind---it's a foaming cleanser, which means it contains a lot of water, just like a foaming hand soap. So if you're wearing a full face of makeup (and I usually do), this alone isn't going to be enough. To remove my makeup at night, I use coconut oil, then baby wipes, and THEN the cleanser. It's going to be the final product that gets the last bit of your makeup off. I admit sometimes I'm lazy---I skip the oil and use only baby wipes (along with eye makeup remover for mascara). The Aveeno cleanser still works just fine. And if you're using it in the morning, you need no other product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

im torn on this cleanser because on the one hand it is very calming and reduces the redness in my skin (not just temporarily, it really changes my skin with continued use) however i find this can be very drying (especially to my bf it made his skin peel terribly with a few uses) and i believe it either breaks me out, or doesnt clean very well at all, and i only use mineral powder makeup. there is no point in a drying cleanser that doesnt clean, so i probably will not ever repurchase this. maybe if i didnt have such an acne issue and only had redness issues.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by angel0225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have rosacea and this product is really good 2 clean my skin in the morning only. At night I don't use this product 'cuz it doesn't really remove my foundation, but luv 2 use in the morning and doesn't leave your skin dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by slevine2

This is my HG foaming cleanser.

That said, I treat foaming cleansers like clarifying shampoos: they're great for clearing the canvas once in a while, but if you use them everyday, you're going to strip your skin of critical hydration.

I use a cream cleanser as my true daily face cleanser and use Aveeno's Ultra Calming cleanser 1-2x/week, depending on the season and humidity (I live in the South). It doesn't dry the skin nearly as much as all the other foaming cleansers I've tried and it really does feel soft on the face. There's no agressive foaming at all (the dispenser creates the foam, not friction with water), and the product is incredibly gentle as far as foaming cleansers go. It rinses clean and removed my makeup thoroughly.

I feel good about recommending this cleanser, especially to people who are trying to ween themselves off abrasive gel-foaming products. And for those who use cream/balm cleansers and are looking for a soft, squeakier clean once in a while, this is a great (and inexpensive) product to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've repurchased this probably three times atleast, and I'll usually take any chance to try something new. It really does have a calming affect, especially for acne. My face tends to get red and irritated easily and this is very soothing. I love the smell and packaging for this. It leaves me smooth, not oily or dry. I only had an issue with the pump breaking once, but it's still worth purchasing.